Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Surpass Card Diamond Status too soon?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2020, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond

I just got an email from Hilton Honors congratulating me on extending my Diamond Status through 3-31-2022 with my Surpass card annual spend. However I’m still $1,000 away from even my free weekend night for $15,000 spend, let alone $40,000 for 2020. Has this happened to anyone else? I’m glad to accept this, but don’t want to rely on it next year, only to be told it was an error.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 5:24 pm

Programs: Most
Yes, I received one too and was wondering the same thing. I can't find a date when my current diamond is good through anywhere on the web site or on the app. Have you been able to find anything else out?
Old Feb 12, 2020, 10:55 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Did you spend $40000 in 2019, finishing the spend just a few days before the end of the year? In the past (5+ years ago), this worked for me to get the status for two+ years, because Amex did not forward the information about the spend until the beginning of the new year, and Hilton therefore granted the status for the rest of the current year, all of the following year, plus the extra three months.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 9:44 am

jbeckett - Thanks for the info. I hit the mark in Sept and received emails at the end of Sept, Oct, and Dec saying it had been extended to March 2021. Then, on Feb 20, I received the congrats message for March 2022. I would really like to know if it can be counted on, or if they will take it back away.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 10:26 am

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I don't think they'll take it back. I would call Hilton and say that you are unsure about when your Diamond status will expire and ask for the expiration date. Don't explain why you are asking, just get the date.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by jbeckett
I don't think they'll take it back. I would call Hilton and say that you are unsure about when your Diamond status will expire and ask for the expiration date. Don't explain why you are asking, just get the date.
They are actually watching this forum and have already reached out to me via PM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.