Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Has anyone asked for an audit of their account?

Old Jan 21, 2020, 11:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United GS 3 MM LT, Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, HH LT Diamond

If so, have you had a positive outcome? I do not have confidence in my lifetime stats. I think I may have more nights and base points in my past history than indicated. I have heard about asking for an audit. Has anyone done it?
Old Jan 22, 2020, 12:55 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by JB123
If so, have you had a positive outcome? I do not have confidence in my lifetime stats. I think I may have more nights and base points in my past history than indicated. I have heard about asking for an audit. Has anyone done it?
I have asked Lauren last year to check on my lifetime status and what I got back was surprisingly low.
I was 9.4 years of diamond (they calculate months even though I qualified for diamond anyway for another year) and 411 nights only. and even though I have qualified on a mix of nights, stays and spend over the years I am very suspicious of that low number of nights knowing in 2014 I had 100+ nights. There just seems nothing I can do as I never kept records myself and there is no full history of stays in the online statement.

Globalist
Old Jan 22, 2020, 7:23 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
I actually thought the same thing with my numbers. I asked if they where maybe leaving out award stays but they said they were included. I do not have anything to back up my suspicion though unfortunately.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 9:01 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
A couple of years ago, I inquired about my lifetime activity.

It took a week or so, but I was given a lengthy PDF that detailed all of my stay/night/points history. I had saved every reservation confirmation email and check-out folio email. It took a couple of days to cross-check, but Hilton's data matched up exactly with mine.

Since then, I've been keeping an Excel sheet that tracks everything, including some stats (bonus points earned per dollar spend, nights per brand, number of unique properties per year, nights and spend per property, etc.)
Beano likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 9:30 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by aww3583
A couple of years ago, I inquired about my lifetime activity.

It took a week or so, but I was given a lengthy PDF that detailed all of my stay/night/points history. I had saved every reservation confirmation email and check-out folio email. It took a couple of days to cross-check, but Hilton's data matched up exactly with mine.

Since then, I've been keeping an Excel sheet that tracks everything, including some stats (bonus points earned per dollar spend, nights per brand, number of unique properties per year, nights and spend per property, etc.)
Exact same here .

I did have a second HH number that was merged into my wife's account when I was able to get us grandfathered into a mutual setup 15 or so years ago. Those nights and spend are gone and per HH cannot be retrieved.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 11:00 am

Programs: HH D
A while ago I asked a front desk member if they could look up my stats. She didn't manage to find them, but then picked up a number of printed pages from under the desk and quickly showed my night count was 424. The number even was highlighted. Since becoming a Diamond in 2011 I have been keeping track of my end-of-year statistics (stays, nights, points, total points) and added up, that number of nights is about 20-30 higher.

So I wonder, aren't reward stays included in that number, or aren't deflagged hotels included? I didn't pay close enough attention to the printout, because another guest's details were listed above mine, but I think there were only two or three guests listed per page. And I was on page 1 :-) so I must be a real VIP. Or one of the first who checked in on line - I didn't ask what kind of list it was. Next time maybe I'll try to take a picture of my stats with them masking the other guest(s).
Old Jan 23, 2020, 7:04 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
The lack of transparency on LT stats is a strike against the Hilton program for me. I heard a rumour that they will become visible online this year but that particular dog has been barking for quite a while, it seems.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.