Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Breakfast benefit for Diamond members for more than two people in more than one room

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Breakfast benefit for Diamond members for more than two people in more than one room

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2020, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I believe there is difference between staying 3 adults in a room (and expecting free breakfast for all guest) and booking (and paying for) two rooms. Was 3 adults in the room even allowed? - I guess you only booked the room for 2 persons right? (because in general the rate will change quite significantly if you change from 2 to 3 guests).
Old Jan 24, 2020, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by OskiBear
Does it matter/enhance the request if the other guests are also Diamonds? I have a similar situation coming up where we are two couples and three out of the four are Diamond/Gold. However, for ease of planning, I've made all the reservations.
I would certain expect this. If you a check-in explain that also a guest in the second room is HH Diamond (and provide name/HH No.), I think you are almost guaranteed to get HH Diamond benefits for both rooms. I wouldn't worry about this. It is a different situation than what we are discussing here/now.
OskiBear likes this.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 11:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1MM
I think it is 1,000 points and breakfast not or breakfast.
Old Jan 24, 2020, 12:28 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
At one hilton they explained my diamond-encrusted status allows me to invite anyone (registered or not) to the evening do in the lounge, and the same applied to breakfast.

I've often taken advantage of the former perk, and that has occasional led to the second one.

I'm sure they have no interest in whether the breakfast companion represents a "business meeting", or an overnight room-share....
Like I said, it is up to the property.
i have an example where I was the only person registered in the room, brought 1 guest to the lounge at tea time and was charged.
Globalist
Old Jan 24, 2020, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by writerguyfl
Some hotels actually do care. There are hotels that like to follow the rules exactly as presented on the Hilton website. The website specifically says that you need to be a registered guest (emphasis mine):

Hilton Hotels & Resorts:
1,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points per stay or a complimentary continental breakfast for you and up to one additional guest registered to the same room each day of your stay
Link: https://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/...its/index.html

I don't doubt the existence of strictures defined in programme's T&Cs. All I can do is report what happens to me. I've stayed at an awful lot of Hilton hotels and I've never run into any breakfast-time unpleasantness about extra guests - or indeed this nonsense about continental breakfasts.

There again, I've only ever stayed at one Hilton in the US: and that was a stay so awful I've avoided the chain in its home territory.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 12:11 am

Programs: tk gold, lh ftl, ab gold
Originally Posted by smmrfld
You’re writing off a property because they provided the benefits that you agreed to under the HH terms and conditions? Wow.
Absolutely. I expect hotels not to be stingy but go above and beyond.

I will write off and call out every property that does provide only continental breakfast, or doesn't extend benefits to the 3rd guests, or in case of Marriott doesn't provide restaurant breakfast in addition to the lounge, etc etc etc.

Then again, i am not from the US. I earn my elite status the hard way, and expect real recognition. US is a different world, of course )
PilgrimsProgress likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 12:38 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
My big family booking 3 twin rooms has always scored
brekkie for everyone and not just me. I think I have been denied brekkie only once but I cannot remember where it was, then I had to pay for 2 rooms and only me and my wife got free brekkie.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by igor82j

I will write off and call out every property that does provide only continental breakfast, or doesn't extend benefits to the 3rd guests, or in case of Marriott doesn't provide restaurant breakfast in addition to the lounge, etc etc etc.

Then again, i am not from the US. I earn my elite status the hard way, and expect real recognition. US is a different world, of course )
How do you earn your elite status the "hard way"?
In the US you pay more for hotels, and get less. Isn't that harder?
Old Jan 25, 2020, 12:55 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Originally Posted by s0ssos
How do you earn your elite status the "hard way"?
In the US you pay more for hotels, and get less. Isn't that harder?
OP is probably referring to the Hilton Aspire card, that gives Diamond Status for 450$.

I’m assuming OP earned their status by reimbursed stays from their company at nice hotels around the world.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by TravelingZoomer
OP is probably referring to the Hilton Aspire card, that gives Diamond Status for 450$.

I’m assuming OP earned their status by reimbursed stays from their company at nice hotels around the world.
Oh, so I guess that poster stays at Conrads in Hong Kong and pays for it without company reimbursement.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 7:23 pm

Your unrealistic expectations and post-stay actions are, um, interesting.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 8:34 pm

Was only denied once, in DoubleTree Bratislava. We were three adults in the same room. Will not be back.
HA! I have stayed at this property too! It’s pretty nice, actually! I stayed with three adults as well... I know we all ate in the morning... I don’t recall them charging us for the third adult, however. I’d have to check my bill. This was March 2019.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 8:41 pm

Here’s an interesting query - what if there are three adults in one room (all officially registered guests). Two of the three are diamond. Diamond Guest 1 would be able to bring the Non Diamond Guest; but can Diamond Guest 2 get breakfast on their own merit?

I have a stay for late next year in the Maldives and free breakfast can save us a lot of $$.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by senatorbrown
Here’s an interesting query - what if there are three adults in one room (all officially registered guests). Two of the three are diamond. Diamond Guest 1 would be able to bring the Non Diamond Guest; but can Diamond Guest 2 get breakfast on their own merit?

I have a stay for late next year in the Maldives and free breakfast can save us a lot of $$.
I really think that only the status of the registered guest - the one whose name is on the reservation as the responsible party - counts. Nobody knows or cares whether the other guests have status or are even hhonors members. Would you expect the other Diamond in your room to also earn points for your spend? If not, I think you have your answer right there.

edit: might they give it to you? Maybe. Should you expect it or feel entitled to it? Don't think so.
Old Nov 24, 2020, 9:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Originally Posted by senatorbrown

That's almost like saying people who are Diamond can just walk into the hotel without a stay for free breakfast.

They are looking per stay. They could are less how many Diamond members you pack in the room.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.