Hilton Guadalajara Midtown {MEX}

Old Jan 20, 20, 3:09 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Arrow Hilton Guadalajara Midtown {MEX}

So I did some searching and found no thread for this hotel. Since I'm currently staying here, I figured what better time to start one. This isn't a full review / trip report, just some quick musings about the hotel based on my impressions so far. Please note that my mentioning something exists or does not exist doesn't mean I expect it to be there or not be there, I'm just throwing out what I can think of.

The hotel opened in late 2018, and still feels new and modern. It is situated on the edge of an outdoor shopping centre, and while there is a small foyer on the ground floor, the hotel reception is a short ride up the lift to the lobby level. The hotel's website is here.
Check in was efficient and the front desk agent was polite. I booked an standard king room, and as a diamond I was upgraded the day before to an executive king. As at least 5 junior suites and standard suites were available when I checked en route to the hotel, I asked if any suites were available—I was offered and took a junior suite. Not sure why a hotel with at least 5 standard suites available wouldn't offer one, but I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth.
On the other hand, the 'junior suite' seems to be just a largeish king room. There is a table as well as a small chaise-type chair, but the bed and sitting areas are all in the same area. The bathroom is new and modern, with twin vanities, a separate WC with a glass door (no rubbish bin next to the toilet leads me to believe the hotel's plumbing accepts paper, which is nice), a hair dryer, and a walk-in shower with ceiling-mounted overhead rain effect showerhead offering decent water pressure and steady temperature.
Two 400ml bottles of still water were in the room upon check-in, and an in-room coffee and tea station is also present. No other food or drink items are present (i.e. no mini-bar, and no welcome amenity was offered or delivered).
This one is a first for me (that I can remember at least): the room features an iron... but no ironing board could be found anywhere. I have some ironing to do so will call and ask for one later, but I found this odd as it seems like it might risk damage to the furniture or bed if someone were to try ironing clothes without an ironing board.
The gym is on the 4th floor and looks out over the city. Filtered water via a machine is available by the door
The executive lounge is on the 7th floor which requires a card to reach via the lift, and requires a card again to enter from the hallway. It is small, though it has an outdoor terrace that is great when the weather is nice. During breakfast they had some hot and cold items out, though not nearly as many as at the restaurant on the lobby level. The Nespresso machine had accomodation for milk, but the milk attachment was missing and milk jug empty. No matter though as there were no Nespresso pods out—I suppose one might have to ask staff, but without the ability to make a latte/cappuccino, I wasn't interested. I came back later in the day and found that there was no refrigerator obviously available, and the staff had set out cold drinks on the counter along with ice. The selections were indeed all cold and there was plenty of ice, so either they had just refreshed the setup or they do a good job keeping things out. Not sure which yet, will head back later and find out I suppose. According to the front desk and the sign near the door, evening drinks and hors d'œuvres start at 6:30 PM, and I'll be giving those a try tonight.

If I can think of anything else to post I will, otherwise if there are any questions I can answer whilst I'm here please fire away.
Old Feb 14, 20, 10:02 am

What other things were offered at the Executive Lounge during breakfast? What hors d'oeubvres were offered that night?
Thanks for the information.
Old Feb 16, 20, 7:18 am

Programs: AA PLT, BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Gold, Hilton Gold, Gold SPG, AS 75K, QR PLT
Does anybody have any thoughts on Hiltion Mid-town vs the "normal" Hilton? Location is not important to me. Just trying to figure out where I will get better service, room, ammenities, club etc.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: