Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hart Shoreditch Hotel London, Curio Collection by Hilton {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hart Shoreditch Hotel London, Curio Collection by Hilton {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2021, 1:12 am

Is the Frontline thanks rate still around? I’ve not seen it, and when I took a look last year it didn’t seem to offer much in terms of a discount.

Agreed, here is hoping they go back to it! That rate code is burned into my mind.
Old Apr 25, 2021, 3:06 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Is the Frontline thanks rate still around? I’ve not seen it, and when I took a look last year it didn’t seem to offer much in terms of a discount.

Agreed, here is hoping they go back to it! That rate code is burned into my mind.
Yes, at least in some U.K. hotels (maybe a third based on my recent searches). You need to book through the portal I’m not sure on the relevant rate code: https://stay.hilton.com/frontline/

Discounts over and above the Honors Dream Away rates are pretty small, but still generally coming out cheapest where available.
kilo, pazza2000 and wizla like this.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 3:29 am

Originally Posted by lcylocal
Yes, at least in some U.K. hotels (maybe a third based on my recent searches). You need to book through the portal I’m not sure on the relevant rate code: https://stay.hilton.com/frontline/

Discounts over and above the Honors Dream Away rates are pretty small, but still generally coming out cheapest where available.
I wonder if there is a rate code for it? I almost always just book via the app and seem to have captcha difficultly with the site.
Old May 27, 2021, 1:56 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by pazza2000
I wonder if there is a rate code for it? I almost always just book via the app and seem to have captcha difficultly with the site.
Sorry I didn’t see this question at the time. I have never been able to work out the rate code I’m afraid.

It seems that PR11PN/Public Sector Leisure offer is also back now.

Where Frontline Thanks is also available that seems to be £2-3 cheaper (though doesn’t include breakfast). There seems to be no correlation between availability of the two rates so you will need to check both to find the best rate. If you initially search through the Frontline portal then add the PR11PN code you should see both rates in the search when available.
Old May 27, 2021, 2:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
The last few times I've searched using Frontline Thanks it has showed me corporate rates for Amazon and Mars.
Old Jul 26, 2021, 8:43 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

I've just booked a 5 night stay here for September. I used to work on Great Eastern Street in the late 80's (opposite the StarWash for anybody who remembers that place), and it was a fair bit "grittier" back in those days. Perfectly OK during the day, but slightly intimidating on the walk back to Old Street after dark.

I had a wander around the area about 10 years back and it had been "gentrified" back then. I can imagine it's even better/worse now. Browns is still there though I notice The Ship and Blue Ball was my favourite pub around there - but it sadly closed in 1994 (I didn't realise at the time that it was the place where the Great Train Robbery was planned!).
hugolover likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
(opposite the StarWash for anybody who remembers that place)
I do like reading the google reviews of the Car Wash place on Great Eastern St, called "American Carwash" not sure if its the same as the StarWash you commented on.

Last edited by Canarsie; Jul 27, 2021 at 9:40 am Reason: Removed link which did not work properly.
Old Jul 27, 2021, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by chrish2
I do like reading the google reviews of the Car Wash place on Great Eastern St, called "American Carwash" not sure if its the same as the StarWash you commented on.
Indeed it is! I'm amazed it's still there
Old Aug 25, 2021, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Had a great stay here. As a diamond, was upgraded to a superior corner room which was a nice amount of space and got a lot of natural light.

Breakfast was really good, small continental buffet and a selection of cooked to order egg dishes. For an extra £5 supplement there were additional very good options on top.

Will definitely return.
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 11:27 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Anyone know how many sq meters their King Skylight Suite is? Website doesn't say. From photos I'm guessing just over 30.
Old Jan 17, 2022, 2:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Anyone know how many sq meters their King Skylight Suite is? Website doesn't say. From photos I'm guessing just over 30.
We stayed in that room last year, and 30 is probably about right. It is not large, and they have unfortunately tried to squeeze in too much furniture so there is a fair bit of walking sideways or edging round to not walk into things. That said, it is still a nice room, with the raised skylight area over the living space and lighting in the shelving around the hidden TV still making it a nice place to sit.
TravelinSperry and wizla like this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 1:02 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
What would be the fastest and cost effective way to getting to the hotel from LHR?
Old Feb 16, 2022, 1:52 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by Houminer
What would be the fastest and cost effective way to getting to the hotel from LHR?
The Crossrail service will provide a direct and fast train from Heathrow to Liverpool Street starting in late 2022 (or maybe 2023), from where it's probably fastest to walk (~10 minutes) unless you are mobility-impaired.

The Crossrail section from Paddington to Liverpool Street is expected to open in the next few months, but you will still have to switch trains at Paddington for now as the above- and under-ground sections won't join up initially.

At the moment, you can still take TfL Rail (precursor to Crossrail / Elizabeth line) from Heathrow to Paddington, then the slower tube (H&C/Circle lines) to Liverpool Street or Moorgate.

Alternatively, a taxi from Paddington will save the walk (or you can work out something involving buses). If you are happy to pay more or you got a cheap ticket, you can use the Heathrow Express to slightly reduce the travel time to Paddington,

Old Street is the nearest station to the hotel, but changing tube line would be cumbersome.
Houminer and Sisosig like this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 2:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Houminer
The cheapest (practical): Piccadilly line to Kings Cross, Northern link (Bank branch) to Old Street, £5.30 with contact-less. The tube stop is about 500 metres from the hotel.
The fastest is HEX, then either tube or taxi. A HEX plus tube will be around £28 bought on the day, you can save money with advance purchase but it gets awkward if things change unexpectedly. That's about 70 minutes compared to 90 minutes with the first option.
Blended option: Piccadilly to Kings Cross, taxi from there, which also deals with the 500 metre walk. Still £5 plus taxi fare, which in Hackney (regulated) cab would be about £14.
Houminer and Sisosig like this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Blended option: Piccadilly to Kings Cross, taxi from there, which also deals with the 500 metre walk. Still £5 plus taxi fare, which in Hackney (regulated) cab would be about £14.
Or... get the 205 Bus from Kings Cross that stops at Pitfield Street - more or less opposite the hotel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.