Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Higgins Hotel New Orleans, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-LA}

The Higgins Hotel New Orleans, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-LA}

Old Jan 6, 20, 9:58 am
Original Poster

Arrow The Higgins Hotel New Orleans, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-LA}

I am curious if anyone has had an opportunity to stay at this property yet? I will be attending a conference at the convention center nearby and this appears to be in a good location for that at least?
Old Jan 21, 20, 3:13 pm

The hotel is brand new and is gorgeous inside. Only downside is there are a limited number of dining options within a 2 block radius. However, the hotel itself is excellent.
Old Feb 23, 20, 1:42 am

Programs: BA Silver / Hilton Diamond / IHG Spire Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
I have booked 5 nights in April using points and the cancellation terms are 60 days before arrival! I have not encountered this before! Is this normal? It shouldnít be an issue as itís a planned family holiday but still 60 days is a bit extreme!

There was also a $5 unexplained charge to my credit card which Iíd like to query but not enough to justify an international telephone call!

does anyone have an email address for the hotel?
Old Feb 24, 20, 8:09 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriot Platinum, IHG Platinum, Choice Privilege Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by binman View Post
I have booked 5 nights in April using points and the cancellation terms are 60 days before arrival! I have not encountered this before! Is this normal? It shouldnít be an issue as itís a planned family holiday but still 60 days is a bit extreme!

There was also a $5 unexplained charge to my credit card which Iíd like to query but not enough to justify an international telephone call!

does anyone have an email address for the hotel?
Do you have WiFi calling on your phone? It will be a free call.
Old Feb 24, 20, 9:05 am

If there's a hugely restrictive cancellation policy like that, there's probably also a deposit requirement in place for paid stays.

Since you are on points, the $5 charge is probably a deposit of the $1 a night tax that this hotel charges. This tax should be paid by the points, but due to a system error in the property management system it often shows up as a required deposit to the credit card guaranteeing the reservation. If you cancel, it will be refunded. If you don't, it will be a credit towards your incidental spend or refunded at check out.
Old Feb 25, 20, 1:23 am

Programs: BA Silver / Hilton Diamond / IHG Spire Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by muzthe42nd View Post
If there's a hugely restrictive cancellation policy like that, there's probably also a deposit requirement in place for paid stays.

Since you are on points, the $5 charge is probably a deposit of the $1 a night tax that this hotel charges. This tax should be paid by the points, but due to a system error in the property management system it often shows up as a required deposit to the credit card guaranteeing the reservation. If you cancel, it will be refunded. If you don't, it will be a credit towards your incidental spend or refunded at check out.
thankyou
Old Oct 27, 20, 9:11 pm

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by Shoople View Post
The hotel is brand new and is gorgeous inside.
However, the hotel itself is excellent.
Yes it is. It will probably be my first choice from here on out in NOLA.
Only downside is there are a limited number of dining options within a 2 block radius.
I had three outstanding dinners at restaurants within easy walking distance of the hotel: PÍche, Cochon, La Boca.

Also worth pointing out that a package rate that included parking proved to be a good value, better deal than standard room rate and paying for parking separately.
Old Oct 28, 20, 10:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
I just stayed here last week. Echoing that itís a very pleasant hotel. Area is a little dead in the time of Covid, but didnít feel unsafe walking to the Quarter area or grabbing streetcars.
breakfast for Diamond they have $10 cert for the coffee shop in lobby which had above-par choices for breakfasty snacks.
Old Oct 28, 20, 12:57 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant View Post
breakfast for Diamond they have $10 cert for the coffee shop in lobby which had above-par choices for breakfasty snacks.
Do you know if this is for Covid-time only, or is it their standard breakfast offering for Diamonds? I was hoping this could be a good alternative to the Troubadour (Tapestry) down the road, but that's a pretty skimpy breakfast offering. At least there's countless places to get breakfast in town.
Old Oct 28, 20, 9:40 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors, United, Delta
Originally Posted by dmarge18 View Post
Do you know if this is for Covid-time only, or is it their standard breakfast offering for Diamonds?
Covid. They have a rather nice looking executive lounge as well as a dining area/restaurant that looks great, both currently closed due to the wuflu. All three facilities are right next to each other on the lobby floor.

Aforementioned coffee shop is more of a mini general store vibe, real espressos and lattes and such as well as quiches and crawfish pie(!) to go along with many choices of pastry and such.

Thereís one open restaurant/bar on the roof - nice views, didnít look at menu though.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Nov 10, 20, 4:38 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, WN A-List
Originally Posted by dmarge18 View Post
Do you know if this is for Covid-time only, or is it their standard breakfast offering for Diamonds?
To add on to what's already been said, based on my visit there in Jan. just after the hotel opened (and just before covid brought travel to a screeching halt), the Diamond breakfast was a buffet in a pretty decent lounge. The lounge itself is called "Patriot Circle" or something like that (there's a photo of it on the hotel's website). It didn't have a ton of tables, but it was in good shape with some nice recliners and a cool historic piano, so I enjoyed the room itself.

Breakfast was the same offering everyday: selection of scrambled eggs, home fries, bacon, a build-your-own grits station, fruit, parfaits, and basic baked goods (breads, a few varieties of muffins, danishes, etc.). There was a coffee/espresso machine and a choice of a few juices. Quality wasn't amazing, but it was decent and had a fair amount of variety even though the menu was the same everyday. All told, I thought it was a pretty good value.

Didn't try any of the other places except for grabbing drinks at the rooftop bar once. The menu is pretty limited, as I recall, but the views are definitely the main attraction there. Certainly worth heading up there to take the view in and enjoy a cocktail.

Also, when we were there, staff brought up a small tray with some local snacks -- a few bags of Zapp's chips, some pralines, a couple of local beers, and a mini-bottle of hot sauce -- and left it in our room while we were out one day. I don't know if that was intended to be a gift recognizing Diamonds, or just something they were doing since the hotel had just opened, but I thought it was a fun touch.
dmarge18 likes this.
Old Nov 10, 20, 5:05 pm

Programs: A3 *G, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Gold, Accor Gold
We just spent two nights here; October 16-18.

We received the breakfast vouchers for the cafe (Provisions). Our voucher did not have a price but allowed us to get a coffee and pastry item. The attendant told us we could substitute a pastry item for one of the biscuits or burritos that were available. We went with the sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit!
Old Dec 3, 20, 5:00 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I haven’t stayed there personally, since I’m a New Orleans local, but it certainly looks cool and is brand new. Very convenient to the WW2 museum and art museums/galleries.

New Orleans blocks are short. There are a ton of places to eat within a 5-10 minute walk from there, mostly fine dining but some cheaper places too, and a big Rouses supermarket with a lot of prepared foods at the corner of Baronne/Girod if you’re on a budget.

Last edited by TravelerMSY; Dec 3, 20 at 5:18 pm
Old Mar 25, 21, 5:21 pm

The Higgins is an amazing hotel and the best aspect of it is their bar as well as being on the streetcar line and being close to the WWII, Southern Art and Confederate Museums. The only negative is like many parts of New Orleans it's not the greatest area of town being right near the US 90 overpass where there are homeless. You are also not particularly convenient to the French Quarter. Really though it just depends on what your itinerary is.
Old Apr 7, 21, 4:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire/Ambassador, Marriott Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by Friendly Traveling Deathmerchant View Post
I just stayed here last week. Echoing that it’s a very pleasant hotel. Area is a little dead in the time of Covid, but didn’t feel unsafe walking to the Quarter area or grabbing streetcars.
Can anyone confirm what kind of room upgrades (if any) Diamonds get on a paid or award stay?

Also I wonder if lounge has reopened?

Last edited by Enigma368; Apr 14, 21 at 2:30 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: