Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Higgins Hotel New Orleans, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-LA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Higgins Hotel New Orleans, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-LA}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2022, 8:53 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Just finished a 6-night stay here and figured I’d post since there was nothing recent.

Pandemic-related service limitations that are still in place appear to be no valet parking, no Diamond/Executive lounge, no room service, and limited hours in the downstairs bar. Housekeeping is full-service, and no longer on request. The property’s location was, for our purposes, outstanding. Away from the crowds of the Quarter but still convenient to everywhere we were looking to be.

Parking is in the WWII Museum garage which is not directly connected to the hotel, but adjacent so convenient. $32 a night with access via room key. Rooms and public area furnishings still feel new.

A couple of service-related quibbles. Service at the Provisions coffee/gift shop was very slow: I waited 15 minutes with only two people in front of me a couple of times. One day was due to a high-maintenance customer, but exacerbated by only one person working the shop. The elevator situation, at least on our stay, was awful..on par with the NY Marriott Marquis. The hotel has three elevators, one of which was out of service five of six days and another of which was out for three of six days. That left one elevator servicing a 230-room hotel for three sold-out days. I can’t blame the hotel for a mechanical failure, but would have expected at least an explanation or apology from someone on staff…not a word.

Overall, the location and quality of rooms made our stay OK but I expected more from a property charging nearly $400 a night for standard rooms.
LSEGallipot likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 2:10 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Does anyone know if the diamond f&b credit is now valid in the cafe, Provisions, and both bars?

Thanks!
Old Jul 4, 2022, 1:25 pm

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chrisny2
Does anyone know if the diamond f&b credit is now valid in the cafe, Provisions, and both bars?

Thanks!
We didn’t try the cafe, but had charges from Provisions and both bars credited (meaning the credit applied to them) during our stay.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 3:33 pm
CJN

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, United MileagePlus Platinum
Originally Posted by Enigma368
Can anyone confirm what kind of room upgrades (if any) Diamonds get on a paid or award stay?

Also I wonder if lounge has reopened?

Stayed here a few months ago. No lounge and no diamond upgrade.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 7:51 pm

Programs: Alaska 75k/One World Emerald
We spent two nights at the Higgins last June and it is a nice hotel. Like others have pointed out, however, it's in a quieter area of town. It's perfect for visiting the World War 2 Museum but not so perfect for finding open places to eat late at night. Also, the air conditioning unit was really, really loud.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.