Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Honors Fasttrack to Gold and Diamond

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2020, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AC, Delta Gold, Hilton Diamond

So I signed up for the fasttrack promotion in mid December. I'm currently silver and think I may be able to get to Diamond due to the promotion (within 90 days from enrolling i.e.mid March). A few questions (general and strategies, if I can apply any!):

1. If I reach the Gold or Diamond by mid March 2020, is it valid till March 31, 2020 or 2021?
2. Does Hilton track spending on one's account - asking because I've booked most of upcoming stays on points but some properties have good rates that may justify just booking with $$.
3. How soon does the status change show up? Once again asking because according to my calcs, I will have an upcoming stays in 2 days after reaching gold.
4. Assuming the status is valid till Mar 2021 and assuming I get Diamond: I notice that you can extend diamond for a year? So if I can't get enough stays/nights by Mar 2021, can I extend it to Mar 2022? Is there a process to get this done?

I would appreciate any other pointers from the experts!

Thanks!
Old Jan 3, 2020, 12:13 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Are you talking about the standard status challenge or some other fasttrack offer via a corporate account? You should already have Gold status if you signed up for the normal status challenge in mid-December, but you say your status is still showing Silver. Are you sure you signed up properly? Also, you should have until the end of March to complete it (it's the remainder of the month plus the next 3 calendar months).

If you get 18 nights by March then you will have Diamond till March 2022! BUT be careful - IIRC completing the status challenge in January would only give you the status till March 2021, so you should always avoid that as you'd effectively lose a year.

Points stays count the same as cash stays for purposes of completing the challenge.
curlingfan likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by curlingfan
2. Does Hilton track spending on one's account - asking because I've booked most of upcoming stays on points but some properties have good rates that may justify just booking with $$.
Not entirely sure what you mean but yes, as every dollar spent yields 10 base points your spend is tracked, year by year...
curlingfan likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yurtripper
Are you talking about the standard status challenge or some other fasttrack offer via a corporate account? You should already have Gold status if you signed up for the normal status challenge in mid-December, but you say your status is still showing Silver. Are you sure you signed up properly? Also, you should have until the end of March to complete it (it's the remainder of the month plus the next 3 calendar months).

If you get 18 nights by March then you will have Diamond till March 2022! BUT be careful - IIRC completing the status challenge in January would only give you the status till March 2021, so you should always avoid that as you'd effectively lose a year.

Points stays count the same as cash stays for purposes of completing the challenge.
Thanks!

It was NOT a corporate account. One of the online customer service reps added the offer when I was inquiring about it online. He also mentioned that I have to finish it within 90 days of enrollment (although it shows valid till end of March under my offers).

Plan is to complete the stays (I thinks it's 10 stays OR 18 nights for Diamond) by early to mid March.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlugE
Not entirely sure what you mean but yes, as every dollar spent yields 10 base points your spend is tracked, year by year...
Sorry if I wasn't clear. I was inquiring about it from a Hilton business perspective - If I redeem points all the time without spending any $$ (although I've obviously spent $$ to earn the points I'm redeeming!)
Old Jan 3, 2020, 3:36 pm

My point being they track your base points (current year and lifetime) so they also track your Hilton spend in $$. Not sure if they use that information for anything specific though besides status.
curlingfan likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlugE
My point being they track your base points (current year and lifetime) so they also track your Hilton spend in $$. Not sure if they use that information for anything specific though besides status.
Thanks!
Old Jan 4, 2020, 1:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
curlingfan
I did the status match from gold to diamond and my status changed immediately, the day of checkout or the following day. And mine should be good through the beginning of at least 2021. Right now, my status expiration date is not showing. So, not sure the exact date. But, I'll be adding 20 more days starting in a few weeks. Also, there's another new sign up offer for bonus points on reservations January 6 - May 3.

New Promotion
curlingfan likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2020, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
curlingfan
I did the status match from gold to diamond and my status changed immediately, the day of checkout or the following day. And mine should be good through the beginning of at least 2021. Right now, my status expiration date is not showing. So, not sure the exact date. But, I'll be adding 20 more days starting in a few weeks. Also, there's another new sign up offer for bonus points on reservations January 6 - May 3.

New Promotion
Thanks! 2020 is beginning to look better and better!
Old Mar 5, 2020, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Just returned from all the stays and noticed that my status has been updated to Diamond! Thanks to those who helped with this and the FT community. The fun begins now!

Just to confirm, the diamond status will be valid till March 2022?
Old Mar 5, 2020, 8:32 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by curlingfan
Just returned from all the stays and noticed that my status has been updated to Diamond! Thanks to those who helped with this and the FT community. The fun begins now!

Just to confirm, the diamond status will be valid till March 2022?
Good for you!👍👍
curlingfan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.