Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Old Jan 20, 2020, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by sarrisa
Did you cancel the night? And does the credit stay if you did?
Didn't cancel. Stayed at hotel last weekend. Good use of $250 resort credit, lots of food options a pleasant 5 min walk from hotel. No need to use valet, lots and lots of places to park w/in 5 min walk. Resort fee $30? $35? is the biggest rip. What a revenue source scam. In the end the stay cost me just under $100.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 2:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by acker
Didn't cancel. Stayed at hotel last weekend. Good use of $250 resort credit, lots of food options a pleasant 5 min walk from hotel. No need to use valet, lots and lots of places to park w/in 5 min walk. Resort fee $30? $35? is the biggest rip. What a revenue source scam. In the end the stay cost me just under $100.
The resort fee is the small scam, the big scam was the $380/night.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 6:42 pm

The faq lists the Hilton resort site (hilton.com/resort) to find properties that qualify. Does any property that has ‘resort’ as an amenity qualify even if it’s not on the specific Hilton resort site?

Specifically I’m looking at the San Diego GasLamp Quarter hotel which lists ‘resort property’ as an amenity but is not on the Hilton resort site. Thanks
Old Jan 21, 2020, 7:06 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by ukyank
The faq lists the Hilton resort site (hilton.com/resort) to find properties that qualify. Does any property that has ‘resort’ as an amenity qualify even if it’s not on the specific Hilton resort site?

Specifically I’m looking at the San Diego GasLamp Quarter hotel which lists ‘resort property’ as an amenity but is not on the Hilton resort site. Thanks
No.
Only those on that site.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by Adam1222
No.
Only those on that site.
What does this mean then?

Old Jan 21, 2020, 10:16 pm
DC9

Programs: QF Platinum, HH Diamond
I stayed at the Hilton Gaslamp several years ago. Definitely had nothing resort-like about it, regardless of any “Resort Property” on their website. Just a basic hotel really.

As far as getting the $250 Aspire benefit, I would be guided by the actual list of resorts. Although, there may be exceptions, if you want to chance it.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 10:21 pm

In case they want to hit you with extra resort fees, that gives them license to do so
Old Jan 22, 2020, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by Sandeep1
In case they want to hit you with extra resort fees, that gives them license to do so

Including that description has no connection to a resort fee, since, as shown there, they call it a "mandatory urban destination charge" anyway.

What does it actually mean? Who knows. But it has been well-established in the experience with this card over the past dozens of pages that simply something being called a resort or having resort amenities does not make it eligible for the credit.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 5:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Also covered in the wiki ...

7) Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for this credit!

9) I didn’t see a property listed at the official Hilton Resorts link, but it did show up when searching Hilton.com and filtering amenities to “Resort Property,” can I get the resort credit here?
NO. Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit.

10) What about this hotel I stayed at last year, it’s not listed at the official Hilton Resorts link, but it has a pool and a spa and the sun was out when I was there, surely I can get the resort credit there?
NO. Only properties listed at the official Hilton Resorts link (hilton.com/resorts) are eligible for the credit.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Also covered in the wiki ...
If this thread has taught me anything, it is that reading is hard.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 7:07 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond, Caesar's Diamond
Just a data point: Stayed at Tropicana in Las Vegas checking out 1/17, and charged dinner and drinks as well as breakfast to the room. Received the Amex credit 1/21. Incidentally, I also received on 1/21 reimbursement for my upgrade fees for the flight home on 1/18.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 11:49 am

Why don't you try it out and let us know how it goes?
Old Jan 23, 2020, 9:00 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I've been a Marriott loyalist for a long time and am switching to Hilton, so am more unfamiliar with the rules. I'm looking at the Hilton Santa Barbara Beachfront, which is listed as a resort, in early April.

If I apply for the Aspire today, how soon after receiving the card will I be able to use the resort credit and how soon do I receive the first free weekend night?

Does the resort credit come off my bill automatically or is there something I have to do to redeem? Will I be able to stack the free weekend night with the resort credit on my 5-night stay?

And does Hilton only give the 5th night free for award stays or also with a cash booking?
Old Jan 23, 2020, 9:11 am

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Graciecatt
If I apply for the Aspire today, how soon after receiving the card will I be able to use the resort credit
immediately
and how soon do I receive the first free weekend night?
8 to 10 weeks

Does the resort credit come off my bill automatically or is there something I have to do to redeem?
automatically
Will I be able to stack the free weekend night with the resort credit on my 5-night stay?
yes

And does Hilton only give the 5th night free for award stays or also with a cash booking?
award only
Old Jan 23, 2020, 9:17 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jbeckett
immediately 8 to 10 weeks

automaticallyyes

award only
Thank you!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.