Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2020, 10:09 pm

If my card was approved on May 13, 2019, do I have to use the $250 resort credit by May 13, 2020 or do I have until the end of the billing period (e.g. June 12, 2020) to use up the credit?
Old Jan 10, 2020, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Can you please point me to that example upthread? I don't remember any such issues like that being posted, but could be wrong.

By default, anything you charge to the room will get billed by the hotel, so I'm not even sure how that would be possible to charge something to your room and also have the restaurant code as something different to not trigger the credit? Doesn't make any sense.

As mentioned, there's a 99.9% chance you will be able to charge an on property restaurant at a Hilton resort to your room, no reason to believe otherwise. In any event you're looking for a very specific data point if you must have confirmation, so I'd recommend asking over in the dedicated Bakers Cay thread, or just call the hotel and ask.
Of course you can charge the restaurant bill to your room, but what happened upthread is it was coded somehow to the restaurant as a separate entity and did not trigger the Aspire credit. Yes, I am looking for a very specific data point about Baker's Cay. I already thought of your suggestions myself, not wishing to be a bother without doing my homework.

If nobody can reply who used the Aspire credit at Baker's Cay, I will just take my chances,
Old Jan 10, 2020, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Tizzette
Of course you can charge the restaurant bill to your room, but what happened upthread is it was coded somehow to the restaurant as a separate entity and did not trigger the Aspire credit. Yes, I am looking for a very specific data point about Baker's Cay. I already thought of your suggestions myself, not wishing to be a bother without doing my homework.

If nobody can reply who used the Aspire credit at Baker's Cay, I will just take my chances,
Can you point us to a specific post? Interested to check that out.

Until then, the only thing remotely close I can think of to what you're describing upthread is a question that gets asked on here a lot, mainly what happens if you eat at a restaurant in a qualifying resort and pay with your Aspire but are not staying at the hotel. In those cases, if a restaurant bills as a separate entity then you wouldn't get the credit.

But that is entirely different than what you're asking about, staying at a qualifying resort and charging a restaurant to your room but still somehow not getting the credit.

Just trying to put your mind at ease, I really wouldn't worry about this at all. Taking your chances on staying at a qualifying resort, charging meals to your room, and getting the credit is akin to taking your chances that the sun will rise tomorrow .
Old Jan 10, 2020, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by bjywong
If my card was approved on May 13, 2019, do I have to use the $250 resort credit by May 13, 2020 or do I have until the end of the billing period (e.g. June 12, 2020) to use up the credit?
Mine reset this past year on my anniversary date (which, in your case would be May 13). I know because I received the next year's credit between that anniversary date and the end of the first billing period afterwards. YMMV of course, but I'm fairly confident - enough so that I will be using at least part of the credit in that time frame again this year. I would suggest waiting at least until May 14 to make a resort charge, though, just to avoid any potential transition issues.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 7:45 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Delta PM
Credit working as expected. Stayed 3 nights on points at the Conrad Cartagena. Charged food, drinks, and transportation to our room on January 2. S250 credit was applied January 5.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 10:14 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
Would a gift card purchased at a property trigger the credit?
Old Jan 14, 2020, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by slickvik
I've asked this question before on a few sites/groups. General consensus was that it should if you can find a resort on the list that actually sells GCs at the front desk.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 1:12 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by slickvik
Originally Posted by Sandeep1
I've asked this question before on a few sites/groups. General consensus was that it should if you can find a resort on the list that actually sells GCs at the front desk.
Indeed, one could search the words "gift card" in this thread as it has been addressed. For example:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/31070028-post364.html

Also see the FAQ in the wiki:
ANYTHING charged directly by the hotel or to your room by an eligible property will trigger the resort credit. Room rate, taxes, fees, room service, dining, bars, spa, transportation, jet skis, beach chairs, excursions, etc. etc. etc. AMEX doesn’t discriminate on what the charge is, as long as the charge appears directly from an eligible hotel it will trigger the credit.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 6:30 pm

Does anniversary date go by the specific day, or the month? I picked up two Hilton Aspire's for my wife and I last May 11th. I planned to cancel one of the cards after a trip we have to Conrad Bora Bora at the end of May....

I'm not entirely sure how that'll go now. I will keep one card and should get the $250 credit, but by the sounds of it, it may be counted towards the "second year" after I pay the annual fee again? I may have to find a way to get value out of it pre-May 11th if so...

Also for my wife's card, any idea how best I should cancel it? Should I go to Conrad BB and charge the $250 at the end of May, then call in June to remove the annual fee and cancel/downgrade the card? (I've heard you can do this if it is within a month or so of your anniversary and get a refund). I'd repay the $250 credit if they requested it.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cynapse
Does anniversary date go by the specific day, or the month?
Specific day.
Old Jan 17, 2020, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA PPro
I just stayed at the Doubletree Wine Country in Just south of Santa Rosa (and did a bunch of wine tasting) and to my surprise this is on the "resorts" list and triggered the $225 credit to may account. So it is just not fancy resort style hotels, this was more like a convention/wedding place.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 1:15 pm

Question

Does booking directly via Hilton Grand Vacations charge for the $200 3night/4day trip apply for the $250 statement Amex credit? Thanks!
Old Jan 18, 2020, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by iaverbukh50
Does booking directly via Hilton Grand Vacations charge for the $200 3night/4day trip apply for the $250 statement Amex credit? Thanks!
Based on reports in the Grand Vacations promos thread below, the charge comes from HGV and not the property itself, so I would not expect it to trigger the credit.

Hilton Grand Vacations Promotions
Old Jan 19, 2020, 7:49 am

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Delta , Southwest, Amex Corp Plat, AA
We stayed a few weeks ago at the Hilton Bonnet Creek crazy combo of rooms using points/free night certificates and one room for one night thrown in by the hotel for a reduced price w/ no resort fee. My Aspire card used for entire stay and $250 credit applied a few days later. My husband's credit was going to reset on 1/3 - I went down and put one room charge on his card on 1/4 and it was credited.

Truly a great deal at this hotel as we were also given $20 per night per room credit for food/beverage which could be used for anything at the hotel. This is the breakfast credit for gold/diamonds. It works well for families who are headed to Disney before breakfast is served.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by acker
It triggered it for me.
My card anniversary is 12/28. On 12/9 I booked a Jan one-night refundable stay at Hotel Del Coronado (San Diego). A week later I looked at my Amex acct, saw the $380 charge, but saw the $250 credit too. I thought I had accidentally booked a non-refundable so I called HH, and was told some resorts charge your card when you make the reservation (huh?). Anyway it worked out b/c I was trying to figure out if calling the hotel and asking them to charge $250 in advance would work, but in the end didn't need to.
Did you cancel the night? And does the credit stay if you did?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.