Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Old Jul 25, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Can't AMEX train their folks?

Stayed at Hilton Malta and charged it to my Aspire card. Billed May 8. Called in to day to get the credit and the rep tried to make the following excuses:

1. It takes time for the credit to process. I had to tell him 3 times that it hit the card on May 8, 11 weeks ago.
2. The credit is only for incidental charges, not room charges. I told him that was against what was printed in the terms & conditions. He asked me this was what he had been told and asked me to tell HIM what the t's & c's said!

At that point I asked for a supervisor. He said that he could make a one-time exception for customer service purposes and I should see the credit in 5 business days.

I was tempted to ask for the supervisor just to get it straightened out and ask them to start training their reps correctly, but then decided to stop wasting my time. I guess I'm lucky he didn't insist that wait until 12 weeks after the charge to ask for the credit!
Old Jul 27, 2018, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by teammjs
Congrats!

Still nothing for us and it's been over 6 weeks.

Did you just call the number on the back,and did they transfer you to any particular department?

With Amex, it seems these days the BIG thing is trying to even find a CSR that has any authority to do a manual adjustment.
Yes I just called the number on the back of my Amex and spoke to the agent who answered. I may have just gotten lucky, but I have read on some of the forums regarding the airline credits that people have called and had the agents manually apply the reimbursements for those so I assume this was no different. I was just really super nice about it and mentioned that on social forums it has been reported that with the GW the credits did not seem to show up automatically and maybe due to a glitch. I would just say call and ask nicely, maybe mention that you read of another having to have it manually added for this resort? Good luck!
Old Jul 27, 2018, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by MellieAZ
Stayed at Hilton Malta and charged it to my Aspire card. Billed May 8. Called in to day to get the credit and the rep tried to make the following excuses:

1. It takes time for the credit to process. I had to tell him 3 times that it hit the card on May 8, 11 weeks ago.
2. The credit is only for incidental charges, not room charges. I told him that was against what was printed in the terms & conditions. He asked me this was what he had been told and asked me to tell HIM what the t's & c's said!

At that point I asked for a supervisor. He said that he could make a one-time exception for customer service purposes and I should see the credit in 5 business days.

I was tempted to ask for the supervisor just to get it straightened out and ask them to start training their reps correctly, but then decided to stop wasting my time. I guess I'm lucky he didn't insist that wait until 12 weeks after the charge to ask for the credit!
Wow that's ridiculous.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 8:48 pm

I didn't realize the limitation when I used the card in February. I paid for a night at a Hampton Inn (while using points for 2 adjacent stays at Doubletrees.... plenty of qualifying "resort" stays nearby same price too where I would have used it instead if I'd known).

I called in after the specified time had passed. Pulled up the Hilton.com/resort website and directed to put in city in the entry field that says it searches resorts and the Hampton Inn showed up from that resorts page directly. They put in for the credit and it appeared a couple days later. Not a habit to make but good that they can manually make things qualify.
Old Aug 3, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: USAirways CP
I'll have to see how long this takes. I just returned from the Hilton in Scottsdale (the Resort and Villas one on the list). From what I've seen on this board it may be a long wait. I often (well, maybe 3 times a year) at this Hilton or the Hilton Doubletree in Scottsdale and both are on the resort list. I had around $450 for the room and a few dollars in the restaurant.

If it takes more than a few weeks that seems rather disappointingly long.
Old Aug 5, 2018, 8:10 am

Received quick $250 resort credit for my one night stay at Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. Also received triple points on entire amount! 12,000 points for a virtually free stay. Not bad. I am liking this Aspire card more and more. Free weekend night plus airline credit$250 plus resort credit $ 250 plus 14 points per dollar spent at Hiltons plus Diamond status.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 8:22 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat Pro, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by IncredibleDeals
Received quick $250 resort credit for my one night stay at Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. Also received triple points on entire amount! 12,000 points for a virtually free stay. Not bad. I am liking this Aspire card more and more. Free weekend night plus airline credit$250 plus resort credit $ 250 plus 14 points per dollar spent at Hiltons plus Diamond status.
Agreed. Was credited the $250 within 4 days. And also enjoying Priority Pass. Used it 3x now and it's been really a nice perk.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz Gold Plus, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by taxatty56
I stayed at the same hotel over Memorial Day weekend, partly because of the credit--which hasn't happened yet. Nice falls-view room though.
After over 8 weeks passed without the credit posting for a stay at the DoubleTree Fallsview Resort in Niagara Falls, Canada, I called. It then took another week for it to post.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 10:37 am

Programs: DL Silver (aka, Delta AmEx PLUS), Starbucks Gold :)
Conflicting Information?

I decided to apply for the Aspire because it seemed to be a good value for me. When reading up on the $250 Resort Credit benefit, the general language is what is stated in the Wiki and on the application page when I applied. However, upon adding my card information to my American Express account and looking at its benefits, it states this: "Your next vacation is closer than you think with a $250 Hilton Resort credit. Upon renewal of your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card, enjoy $250 in Hilton Resort Credits each year when you stay at a participating resort within the Hilton portfolio." (Bolding and underlining is mine).

So, when I read this, I take this to mean that after 1 year, and after I pay the annual fee to renew the card, will I get this benefit. However, the wiki and the AmEx application page both state that I get it upon application and receipt of my card. Terms and conditions state: "Your first reward year begins on your account opening date. Each subsequent reward year begins on the anniversary of your account opening date."

Which is it? Do I have this benefit now? Or do I have to wait a year for it? Apologies if I've missed anything!
Old Aug 10, 2018, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by LGANightOwl
I decided to apply for the Aspire because it seemed to be a good value for me. When reading up on the $250 Resort Credit benefit, the general language is what is stated in the Wiki and on the application page when I applied. However, upon adding my card information to my American Express account and looking at its benefits, it states this: "Your next vacation is closer than you think with a $250 Hilton Resort credit. Upon renewal of your Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card, enjoy $250 in Hilton Resort Credits each year when you stay at a participating resort within the Hilton portfolio." (Bolding and underlining is mine).

So, when I read this, I take this to mean that after 1 year, and after I pay the annual fee to renew the card, will I get this benefit. However, the wiki and the AmEx application page both state that I get it upon application and receipt of my card. Terms and conditions state: "Your first reward year begins on your account opening date. Each subsequent reward year begins on the anniversary of your account opening date."

Which is it? Do I have this benefit now? Or do I have to wait a year for it? Apologies if I've missed anything!
Unless something has changed very recently you can use your first resort credit now in the first year of being a card member. You don't have to wait a year. I believe the T&C's you mention is just stating you'll also receive the resort credit in every subsequent year you're a card member (after renewing each year).
Old Aug 10, 2018, 1:32 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LGANightOwl

You receive all benefits immediately, including the resort credit, airline credit, and free night (well, you'll have to wait 10 weeks or so for this one to be credited for your use).
Old Aug 12, 2018, 2:01 am

I'm staying at HHV Waikiki Beach Resort in a week on a timeshare deal, will I be able to either 1) get $250 back on my card since it is a resort (card charged as "HILTON GRAND VACATIONS COMPANY", or 2) if not can I make charges to my room and have them comped off with this credit?
Old Aug 18, 2018, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by taxatty56
I stayed at the same hotel over Memorial Day weekend, partly because of the credit--which hasn't happened yet. Nice falls-view room though.
Have you had any luck with the credit yet from your stay at DoubleTree Falls View Resort? Its been 10 weeks for me and still nothing.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 9:17 am

I stayed at the Waldorf Astoria Rome Cavalieri and received the resort credit in less than a week. Just wanted to add this data point.
Old Aug 18, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz Gold Plus, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by wcacciola

Have you had any luck with the credit yet from your stay at DoubleTree Falls View Resort? Its been 10 weeks for me and still nothing.
See my post #114.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.