Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2019, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by toni8284
I booked Amex FHR rate for 2 nights at WA Las Vegas. Total around $590. The WA already charged on my Aspire Card, so I got the $250 Aspire Resort credit and Amex Offer $350 get $70 off. So $250 + $70 credits on my account today.

My stay is around X'mas Time this year.

What happen if I cancel my hotels, will they remove the credit?

I know in the T&C they say they might take the credit away. But I want to know, Any DP that proved they DID take the credit back.

Thank you
Does that post as AMEX FINE HOTELS RES?
Old Oct 18, 2019, 9:08 am

Dumb question : my annual fee posted on the first week of this month and i have a points stay at the waikaloa in maui at the end of this month. Based on the credit being based on member year, i should be able to get the 250 resort credit use, and then cancel the card within 30 days of the annual fee posting in order to get a full refund of the annual fee right?

Dates wise, it's looking like
Oct 7 = annual fee posted
Oct 21-23 = stay in Maui
Nov 7 = deadline to cancel card for full annual fee refund
Old Oct 18, 2019, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Alan Lun
Does that post as AMEX FINE HOTELS RES?
No, not if you book "Pay at hotel" on FHR. In that case it is just as a booking made directly with Hilton. The only special is that hotels in Vegas normally charge the first night directly even on a refundable rate.

I had a similar experience as toni8284 where I booked a "Pay at hotel" FHR rate for a 2 night stay at W=A. This is from my Amex statement:
  • Sep 19 - 1st night charged by hotel: WALDORF ASTORIA LAS VEGAS WALDORF ASTO - LAS VEGAS, NV
  • Sep 20 - Waldorf/Conrad promo posted: WALDORF ASTORIA - LAS VEGAS -$70.00
  • Sep 21 - Resort credit posted: Hilton Resort Credit -$250.00
I later modified the booking by removing the 2nd night directly on Hilton website so the stay is essentially free with an added $125 on-site credit.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by goodtasting
Dumb question : my annual fee posted on the first week of this month and i have a points stay at the waikaloa in maui at the end of this month. Based on the credit being based on member year, i should be able to get the 250 resort credit use, and then cancel the card within 30 days of the annual fee posting in order to get a full refund of the annual fee right?

Oct 21-23 = stay in Maui
I have a similar situation coming up in early Feb. Anyone can share a DP pls?
Old Oct 27, 2019, 6:48 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards

Oct 21-23 = stay in Maui
Waikaloa isn’t on Maui.
Old Oct 27, 2019, 10:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Beachchaser
I am looking forward to using my resort credit towards a massage.
No but is there a resort that’s really luxurious that really brings a bang for your buck?
Old Oct 28, 2019, 4:03 am

Oct 21-23 = stay in Maui
Oct 26 resort credit posted for the full 250.
During my stay, the charges showed up as pending and the full amount was charged after on Oct 24. All charges were under WALDORF GRAND WAILEA.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL PM, AS 100k (fake), B6 M3 (fake), BA Gold (fake), UA FO.
Checked out of Hilton Santa Barbara Beachfront Resort on 10/20. Charge posted 10/21. No credit, and CSR won't help until I wait three months. Going to try HUCAing when I have time to burn...

Last edited by LowValueCustomer; Oct 28, 2019 at 12:05 pm Reason: ETA: particularly frustrating given that last year's posted the very next day after charge posted.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 12:52 pm

Just adding a datapoint. Was trying to go to great lengths to be able to stay at the Bali Conrad and get the resort credit. After many emails and calls to Hilton and AMEX, I ran out of time as I was heading for Bali in the next two days from Nha Trang so I just called the hotel. Made the reservation on the phone, secured but not paid with my aspire card. It took a bit of time due to language and Skype, but I felt like all was good. I arrived to a great upgrade, well treated, spent two nights. Paid my bill upon check out and left for Bangkok to go back to the US. I would say two days after I was in the US, I saw the resort credit on my statement.

I was not able to stack the Conrad 'extras' benefit of $100 because that must be booked through the AMEX site. I don't know how anybody could ever get both.

I was very happy in every way with the stay and the outcome.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 6:34 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by pentiumii

I was not able to stack the Conrad 'extras' benefit of $100 because that must be booked through the AMEX site. I don't know how anybody could ever get both.

I was very happy in every way with the stay and the outcome.
It's really quite simple:
Book the special rate via the special site, pay with Aspire Amex at checkout. Voila
Old Oct 28, 2019, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
No but is there a resort that’s really luxurious that really brings a bang for your buck?
Nope, I am booked on points and certs and everything is included more or less so I figured this was a nice splurge.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by pentiumii
Originally Posted by Adam1222
It's really quite simple:
Book the special rate via the special site, pay with Aspire Amex at checkout. Voila
Exactly, it couldn't be any easier, as was pointed out to the OP up thread when they asked the first time (Post #1071), and clearly spelled out in the wiki.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by FlugE
No, not if you book "Pay at hotel" on FHR. In that case it is just as a booking made directly with Hilton. The only special is that hotels in Vegas normally charge the first night directly even on a refundable rate.

I had a similar experience as toni8284 where I booked a "Pay at hotel" FHR rate for a 2 night stay at W=A. This is from my Amex statement:
  • Sep 19 - 1st night charged by hotel: WALDORF ASTORIA LAS VEGAS WALDORF ASTO - LAS VEGAS, NV
  • Sep 20 - Waldorf/Conrad promo posted: WALDORF ASTORIA - LAS VEGAS -$70.00
  • Sep 21 - Resort credit posted: Hilton Resort Credit -$250.00
I later modified the booking by removing the 2nd night directly on Hilton website so the stay is essentially free with an added $125 on-site credit.
Interesting that Waldorf Astroia allows us to "Pay at hotel" on the FHR site.
All others hotels that I tried dont have that *extra* option.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 8:08 pm

I recently booked a stay at hilton fort Lauderdale for late april and was charged the $300 on 10/18 for first nights deposit and credited the $250 resort credit on 10/20. Due to a work conflict I now am going to visit a different hilton resort in febuary. Is it best to cancel my reservation now to free up the booking space for the property or should I wait until after my stay at a different resort in feb to show amex I am not trying to defraud them over this card benefit?
Old Oct 30, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
I used annual weekend night certificate at Conrad FLL, had incidental F&B charges applied to room, and promptly received automatic AMEX credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.