Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Old Jul 23, 2019, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Anyway, I suggest you check daily to see when it posts, and to see what the counter says about your credit, and if / when that counter resets. If your credit posts 7/22 and your counter resets 7/24 plus or minus a day, you'll not only have your answer, if you report back here you'll have everyone's answer.
There is no counter though for the $250 resort credit.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 8:44 am

Follow up question- there doesn't appear to be a way to book a refundable room at a resort, have the resort charge my card immediately (using the advance pay rate) and have that charge credited to the card, correct?
Old Jul 23, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by GunneRy
Follow up question- there doesn't appear to be a way to book a refundable room at a resort, have the resort charge my card immediately (using the advance pay rate) and have that charge credited to the card, correct?
You could call the property and ask.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 12:39 pm

Booked Hilton Odawara Resort (It's on the list and it is outside of the US) Advance Purchase back in February. AP did not trigger $250 credit. Had to use it as credit.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by Ask4haas
My annual renews in 7/24. I used it over the weekend and it got charged on the 21st. Anyone know if will get this year $250 credit of next year $250?
My credit came in yesterday. So it only took 3 days for me.
Old Jul 26, 2019, 8:22 am

I can confirm the resort credit on original card application in instances of upgrade to Aspire.
My wife applied for Surpass on 5/31 several years ago, downgraded to free card about a year later, and upgraded to Aspire 12/2/18. She got the credit for a stay check out late April, and just got another credit after checking out 7/22.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My annual renews in 7/24. I used it over the weekend and it got charged on the 21st. Anyone know if will get this year $250 credit of next year $250?
My credit came in yesterday. So it only took 3 days for me.
Well, since you posted on the 25th, yesterday would be the 24th,which is the same day you said your annual renews. So with it being that tight, I think you'll have to chat with Amex (and save that chat in case someone tells you differently later) to find out whether the credit counted toward the card year that just end3e or the card year that just started.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 7:48 am

Programs: MileagePlus Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Breckenridge is listed as a resort on the "resorts" website. Last Wednesday I booked two nights there for late August. I was surprised to see/read that the reservation needed to be prepaid in spite of it being "flexible." The full $250 credit posted to my AMEX Aspire card this morning.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rabilancia
The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Breckenridge is listed as a resort on the "resorts" website. Last Wednesday I booked two nights there for late August. I was surprised to see/read that the reservation needed to be prepaid in spite of it being "flexible." The full $250 credit posted to my AMEX Aspire card this morning.
Hoe was this reservation billed? I presume the reason it worked it because it was a prepayment direct to the hotel because of terms of the rate, rather than prepaid rate (which in the US gets billed by Hilton central, and thus does not qualify for the credit).

Thanks.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 1:43 pm

Looking to make a 3 night reservation at the Hilton Lake Buena Vista Palace. Wanted to pay for one night (using my $250 credit), will use my free weekend certificate for one night, and will use points for the 3rd night. I know I have to call in for the free night certificate. I also see they charge a one-night deposit for bookings. From the thread if I understand correctly, it seems that a hotel that charges a deposit will trigger the credit (as opposed to a true advance pay rate). But I wanted to confirm (or find out if there's a way I can check on this prior to booking).

Side note - if I try to do all three nights through whoever I get to when I call to use my free night certificate - would that affect how the one-night deposit is billed for the night I'm actually paying for?
Old Jul 29, 2019, 6:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by David Simon
Looking to make a 3 night reservation at the Hilton Lake Buena Vista Palace. Wanted to pay for one night (using my $250 credit), will use my free weekend certificate for one night, and will use points for the 3rd night. I know I have to call in for the free night certificate. I also see they charge a one-night deposit for bookings. From the thread if I understand correctly, it seems that a hotel that charges a deposit will trigger the credit (as opposed to a true advance pay rate). But I wanted to confirm (or find out if there's a way I can check on this prior to booking).

Side note - if I try to do all three nights through whoever I get to when I call to use my free night certificate - would that affect how the one-night deposit is billed for the night I'm actually paying for?
Booking the rate that charges the one night deposit will trigger the credit. As long as the rate is the same, then it shouldn't matter if you book this online first or over the phone.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 7:21 am

Programs: MileagePlus Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Hoe was this reservation billed? I presume the reason it worked it because it was a prepayment direct to the hotel because of terms of the rate, rather than prepaid rate (which in the US gets billed by Hilton central, and thus does not qualify for the credit).
What you point out is what I too understood. I simply booked the reservation @ Hilton.com -- payment was required by the website to confirm.
According to my AMEX account:
"Will appear on your...statement as DOUBLETREE HOTELS BRECKENRIDGE CO"
Old Jul 31, 2019, 12:02 am

We know that the $250 credit resets on card anniversary date, which is the date the original card was signed up for (not upgrade date).

But my Aspire card was upgraded from the free Hilton card that was converted from Citi Hilton. So it was Citi Hilton -> AMEX free Hilton -> Aspire. Should I expect a new credit based on the date I signed up for the Citi card or the date it converted to AMEX? I don’t see any way to see how much credit I have left online.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 11:28 pm

Booked 2 nights for next April 2020 at Doubletree Fiji Sonaisali island.. USD equivalent came to around $375 and the room is a refundable room (upto 9 days before arrival). My question is when will my Aspire get charged for the full amount... after the stay or in next few days? I am asking as I don't see any temporary charges on my AMEX yet.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
Booked 2 nights for next April 2020 at Doubletree Fiji Sonaisali island.. USD equivalent came to around $375 and the room is a refundable room (upto 9 days before arrival). My question is when will my Aspire get charged for the full amount... after the stay or in next few days? I am asking as I don't see any temporary charges on my AMEX yet.
That all depends on what rate you booked. What do the terms say?

If this is just a normal rate that you can cancel without penalty until 9 days prior, then your card won't get charged until you check out. The hotel may put a pending charge through a week or a day in advance etc. to make sure its legit, but the actual charge won't post till after you check out.

But if it's a rate that charges a refundable deposit, then that will vary from hotel to hotel. Sometimes it will get charged immediately upon booking, other times a week later or a month before, etc. No way to know other than calling the hotel or finding the dedicated hotel thread here and asking if any others have booked a similar rate and when did the deposit charge hit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.