Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2018, 7:24 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG, IHG, AA, SWA
Originally Posted by diesteldorf
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I did pay for the Advanced Purchase in January with the Amex Aspire card in hand.
I'm not positive, but since it very clearly stipulates that it must be paid at check out, I take that to mean advance purchase would preclude the resort fee reimbursement from applying (since you're not paying at check out).

Last edited by George M; May 29, 2018 at 7:33 pm
Old May 30, 2018, 4:34 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
The issue with AP is that the charge on US resorts doesn’t come from the resort itself so isn't recognized as a qualifying charge.

However a resort that charges the first night in advance will generate a credit.
Old May 30, 2018, 7:33 am
Chy

Used this at the Torrey Pines Hilton and received the credit as soon as the charge posted. Paid normally at the end of the stay. Booked on hilton.com.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 9:08 pm

don't forget the gift shops...

If you happen to be using a free night to stay at a resort, and don't plan on paying for overpriced food/drinks at the resort-- don't forget you can charge things to the room at most gift shops on property.

My wife even got a gift certificate from a chain she can shop at locally when we stayed at the Grand Wailea to maximize our $250 credit.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 8:27 am

I booked one night non-refundable, one night refundable in Dubai. We got a credit for the full non-refundable amount 4 days after the charge posted (we haven't stayed yet).
Old Jun 10, 2018, 10:52 am

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
I have upcoming stays at Conrad Tokyo and Manila, can I recevie my resort credit at any of these properties?
Old Jun 10, 2018, 11:23 am

I don’t know about Manila but definitely not Conrad Tokyo.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by navatwal
I have upcoming stays at Conrad Tokyo and Manila, can I recevie my resort credit at any of these properties?
The wiki has a link to the list of resorts.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 7:11 pm

Hmmm...stayed at Grand Wailea with charges hitting a week ago, and no auto-credit yet.

No "funny business"-- no reason the charges shouldn't qualify-- hope they know the "Grand Wailea" is a Hilton.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 11:15 am

Yeah same here. Charge from GW for everything we charged to the room posted on 6/11 and still have not see the $250 credit post. The GW is 100% listed as a "Hilton Resort" so I see no reason why it would not work. Hopefully it is just a timing thing and will be reimbursed soon.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 11:28 am

I recently stayed at the Grand Wailea and was billed May 23, and I still have yet to receive the $ 250 Resort Credit.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by yakel
I recently stayed at the Grand Wailea and was billed May 23, and I still have yet to receive the $ 250 Resort Credit.
Oh wow seriously? Have you tried to call Amex to see what the hold up is?
Old Jun 14, 2018, 6:14 pm

I tried to book the Fort Lauderdale resort online for one night. They want one night's payment as a deposit. Will this count as advance purchase?
It's actually the AARP rate with resort fee and taxes added. Will I have trouble getting the resort credit?
Old Jun 14, 2018, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by IncredibleDeals
I tried to book the Fort Lauderdale resort online for one night. They want one night's payment as a deposit. Will this count as advance purchase?
It's actually the AARP rate with resort fee and taxes added. Will I have trouble getting the resort credit?
The deposit for an AARP rate should be charged by the hotel itself so it should trigger the resort credit. As long as it's not a true advance purchase rate which is billed by Hilton corporate.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by teammjs
Hmmm...stayed at Grand Wailea with charges hitting a week ago, and no auto-credit yet.

No "funny business"-- no reason the charges shouldn't qualify-- hope they know the "Grand Wailea" is a Hilton.
Sounds like a coding issue, given many of us should have received credit at the GW given how fast it's been posting for others at other hotels. My wife and I had separate reservations for two separate cards, and neither credit has hit our accounts.

I haven't contacted Amex yet, since they'll probably do their "wait 8-10 week" dance. The only thing I'm wondering is we did add that $200 off $1000 in Hawaii offer just in case we saw something we really wanted at a gift shop. However, that should be independent of the $250 resort credit and sounds like others have double-dipped with a smaller credit and the resort credit. Did anyone else happen to load that one? Maybe Amex is "holding" the credit until that offer expires. Doubt it, but just wondering if this might be part of the coding issue

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.