Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2019, 10:19 pm

Programs: AGR S+, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by djsandee
Stayed here Oct 12-14 and still haven't seen a credit. 12+ weeks and counting.
AMEX rules said if not credit within 12 weeks you need to call.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 8:42 am

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Still waiting for my credit for Hilton Tokyo Bay to post, 5 weeks.

What causes the discrepancy in some posting faster than others?
Old Jan 11, 2019, 3:47 pm

Has anyone actually gotten the credit applied automatically similar to the travel credit? Seems like most reports are waiting 8 weeks after the stay and having to deal with calling a rep to manually apply credit.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by zerosoul
Has anyone actually gotten the credit applied automatically similar to the travel credit? Seems like most reports are waiting 8 weeks after the stay and having to deal with calling a rep to manually apply credit.
I did. It posted about 72 hours later.
Old Jan 11, 2019, 10:34 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Still looking for data points as to the reset date of the annual credit vs stays that are on or near the reset date. Is the credit being reset and applied toward these stays?
Old Jan 12, 2019, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS

There seem to be 3 or 4 specific hotels mentioned in this thread where members have had issues getting the credit automatically applied, but other than that it works like it should for the other 99% of eligible hotels.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have not yet used my $250 Aspire resort credit for this year. But I am staying at a qualifying Waldorf Astoria resort later this month. On my Aspire card, I also have an AMEX Offer for Waldorf-Astoria hotels, which I have activated. The offer is as follows: "Get a 1X $70 USD statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $350+ USD on room rate and room charges for your stay at select Waldorf Astoria and Conrad locations in the US and Europe from 10/15/2018 to 1/31/2019. Must book direct."

So if I spend $350 during my stay (which is booked on points), I would get BOTH credits, right? That would be $320 off $350. Is there any way they could deny my AMEX Offer credit because of the Aspire resort credit?
Old Jan 12, 2019, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Should be able to get both credits without an issue imo.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by Hawkeyefan
Still looking for data points as to the reset date of the annual credit vs stays that are on or near the reset date. Is the credit being reset and applied toward these stays?
you know when the aspire launched right?
Old Jan 12, 2019, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by brentyb
Still waiting for my credit for Hilton Tokyo Bay to post, 5 weeks.

What causes the discrepancy in some posting faster than others?
youre talking about Hilton Tokyo Bay Maihama, Japan right?

well, this is why its critical we all share as many DP as possible for all properties listed in the HH resort link. not all of them work flawlessly. the HH resort credit should work just like the airline credit. when EVERYTHING is coded correctly, it just WORKS. takes 3-4 days tops. 5th day youre sweating. 7th day, something is wrong. 5 weeks you need to call.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 9:17 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by GundamWing01
you know when the aspire launched right?
yep not even a year old. But not everyone's cardmember anniversary will be the launch date, especially if rolled in from another product, right??
Old Jan 12, 2019, 9:39 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by GundamWing01
youre talking about Hilton Tokyo Bay Maihama, Japan right?
Correct. I have called and they just repeat that it takes between 8 and 12 weeks and to call back if I dont see it after 12 weeks.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:07 am

Another DP (nothing new)

Stayed at the Hilton Niseko Village recently. Checked out on Jan 9 and the charges took a couple of days to show up on the app. Today (Jan 12), I checked my Amex app and it showed as:
Jan 9: Charge of 268usd
Jan 11: Hilton Resort Credit -250usd

Charges consisted of meals eaten within the hotel and charged to the room. Payment was settled upon checkout and paid via the Amex Hilton Aspire.
Nights were paid via points

If anyone is wondering or considering the Niseko, note that the lift passes, ski/snowboard equipment, activities, etc. are all handled by a separate company (Niseko Village) and thus not able to be charged to your room.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by elkhornne
Should be able to get both credits without an issue imo.
Yes, logic tells me that I would get both the Aspire credit and the AMEX Offer credit. Has anyone tried this yet?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
I booked the Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas on Jan 8, the charge posted Jan 10 and I received the $250 credit yesterday on the deposit paid for the first nite. The stay isn't until late summer, and my anniversary date is early summer, so it's possible that I don't stay at another resort in between, and use next year's credit at the WA, too!

I was going to book Elara, using the ADIP prepay rate, but the WA breakfast credit swayed me. Besides there aren't many food choices at Elara, and few upgrades to be had as well. WA is a little farther than Elara to my destination, but we'll make do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.