Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by HawkeyeFlyer
Who cares about Lifetime Diamond now? Pay the $450 annual fee and get the $500 in credits and they are paying you to be a Diamond!!! What value is there in Lifetime now
$700 since you get free weekend cert with no spending requirement. That weekend cert is $200 easy. People with no status with Hilton and considering spending a week at a Hilton resort should get this card.

Free breakfast x 2 x 7 days x $15 = $210
Free weekend night = $200
Resort Fee x 7 days = $245 (Offset by $250)
Priority Pass lounge 2 visits for 2 people = $100?
Airline seat upgrade/food = $100? (Offset by $250)

So even if you don't use up the full resort credit and the full incidental, 1 stay at a Hilton should put you in the green for $400 or more.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:25 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by woodford02A
... Diamond are over Gold?...
A credit card thread is probably not the best place to find this information. I would look for threads with both words in the Title, such as:

DIAMOND vs. GOLD?
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Need
$700 since you get free weekend cert with no spending requirement. That weekend cert is $200 easy. People with no status with Hilton and considering spending a week at a Hilton resort should get this card.

So even if you don't use up the full resort credit and the full incidental, 1 stay at a Hilton should put you in the green for $400 or more.
You are missing my point. I am not saying it is not a great card for people who have no status currently or even for some who do. I am saying it GROSSLY devalues the Diamond Status
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by Need

You are missing a couple of other things as well. Many people already have Priority Club access through cards like CSR or have lounge access via other means. Many also have status with airlines where they are not paying checked bag fees or fees to sit in economy plus. Also with all of these shiny new Diamond members, I hope you will enjoy trying to use 48 hour reserve and booking of award stays
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:32 am

Programs: HH Gold, CC Gold
Hi Lauren,

Thanks for posting. Could you clarify some things on the new Aspire card? Specifically:

• $250 Airline incidental fee statement credit

How does this work on the Amex side? Does it use the same "engine" as the Platinum/Centurion American Express cards? I've read that those cards requires you select an airline before you use your card to get it credited. And you can only change it once a year. Is this how it works with this card? Incidentals means not airline award taxes, upgrade fees?

• $250 Hilton resort statement credit

Is this only for resort hotels - is there a list of which ones are eligible for this credit?

• $100 on-property credit at Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts and Conrad Hotels & Resorts when booking the exclusive Aspire Card package

What is the exclusive Aspire Card package?
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by MrHilton
Believe me hotels can see if you are a cc diamond or a head in bed diamond member.

Chatted about this with several hotel staff and they confirmed they look at stay history and spendings to assign the best upgrades.

The most negative part is that the executive lounges are going to become even more crowded...
Most hotels do not really care, even though they can see it. Also, when people start earning all these higher level points, reward stays will be harder to get and 48 hour room guarantees. It is just a mess all around

The biggest slap in the face is for those of us who actually put in 10 years plus and over 1000 nights are now getting the same benefits as someone who is being paid $50 by Hilton to become a Diamond
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: CX Gold
Wasn't this already offered with the Citi Hilton reserve card? I remember spending $40k will give you Diamond status, no?
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by lixiaojuventus
Wasn't this already offered with the Citi Hilton reserve card? I remember spending $40k will give you Diamond status, no?
HUGE, HUGE difference between making someone spend $40k annually for the status vs a $450 AF to get it. This fee is also completely offset by the credits.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond
I'm assuming the Resort credit would be applied towards any charges incurred at one of the 80 or so resorts here:

http://www3.hilton.com/en/resorts/index.html
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond
There almost has to be a higher status than Diamond coming.
Guaranteed suite upgrades and 4pm check out?
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by Bicoastal Yokel
Guaranteed suite upgrades and 4pm check out?
I am not sure what the benefits would look like. I am talking about harder qualifications, like annual spend at Hilton over $25k or actual Head in Bed night requirements or even a higher lifetime stay. Not really sure

Bottom line is Diamond took a MAJOR devaluation with this card coming out
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:56 am

Programs: AA LT PLT (3.6+ MM), UA 1K LT Gold, Hilton LT Diamond, Bonvoy Gold.
Most hotels do not really care, even though they can see it. Also, when people start earning all these higher level points, reward stays will be harder to get and 48 hour room guarantees. It is just a mess all around

The biggest slap in the face is for those of us who actually put in 10 years plus and over 1000 nights are now getting the same benefits as someone who is being paid $50 by Hilton to become a Diamond
I agree, I had to educate a front-desk staffer at an HGI last week at how to determine how many times I had stayed at that property. She welcomed me starting with as "Since this is the first time at our property...".

She had also never seen the other pages with your score, complaint history etc.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Great, let's start another thread on the new AMEX cards
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
[QUOTE=HawkeyeFlyer;29003853

Lifetime Diamond feels like a joke at this point[/QUOTE]

Not a full joke... yet... as you still need 10 years of Diamond level AND 1,000 nights. You can pay the $450 to get the years, but still have to stay at the properties to get the nights threshold.

Hopefully they will make existing "Lifetime Diamonds" a new, higher level (or some scheme like others have mentioned)
Old Nov 1, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
The Aspire Card is $450 annual, BUT, you get Diamond Status and $500 in credit so essentially they are paying you to become a Diamond member
Sorry, I meant to write "Ascend," and not Aspire....good catch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.