Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards

[ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards

Old Oct 4, 2018, 3:06 pm

I’d hope it hit in January, and lasted through 2020.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 7:25 pm

Pls don't flame me. But without going through all posts here is my question : I upgraded to the Aspire card from the old Citi card and didn't get any bonuses of course..
But yesterday I did also apply for a new business card and got approved. Will I get that welcome bonus?
Old Oct 7, 2018, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Does the resort fee credit apply on room rates on prepaid rates at eligible properties? I'm going to vegas in a few weeks and was thinking of staying at the Tropicana on the prepaid rate. As long as I using my Hilton Am Ex to pay the room charges online will that trigger the credit? I don't want to stay at the Trop unless I get the $250 credit and using the prepaid rate is the only way it pays me to stay there instead of the HGVC.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Does the resort fee credit apply on room rates on prepaid rates at eligible properties? I'm going to vegas in a few weeks and was thinking of staying at the Tropicana on the prepaid rate. As long as I using my Hilton Am Ex to pay the room charges online will that trigger the credit? I don't want to stay at the Trop unless I get the $250 credit and using the prepaid rate is the only way it pays me to stay there instead of the HGVC.
i think it has been well established on the $250 resort credit thread that an advance purchase rate on a U.S. property won't generate the credit but room charges will.

Surprised there is that much of a difference in the prepaid rate but factor in the $26 F & B credit at the Tropicana in your calculation.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
i think it has been well established on the $250 resort credit thread that an advance purchase rate on a U.S. property won't generate the credit but room charges will.

Surprised there is that much of a difference in the prepaid rate but factor in the $26 F & B credit at the Tropicana in your calculation.
I didn't know there was a resort credit thread, I"ll look there, thanks.

If I'm not getting the resort credit on a prepay stay I'll just stay at the HGVC on Karen or a harrah;s property . Even with the resort credit factored in, the HGVC is probably a little cheaper than the Trop's non prepaid (hopefully rates will come down). The HGVC's pool is open until 10 and it's a lot more convenient or if I stay at a Harrah's property I won't have to pay the resort fee (they waive it for their diamonds) and I don't care about free breakfast since I'm with friends and we'll be burning Harrah's points at buffets.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by Exleftseat
Pls don't flame me. But without going through all posts here is my question : I upgraded to the Aspire card from the old Citi card and didn't get any bonuses of course..
But yesterday I did also apply for a new business card and got approved. Will I get that welcome bonus?
so long as you havent had the Hilton business card before, you should receive the bonus. Not flaming you, but you should have applied for the Aspire and gotten the bonus instead of upgrading. Now you will never be able to get an Aspire bonus.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 10:56 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriot LTG
Q for those of you who have an aspire card: when you go to your benefits screen (https://global.americanexpress.com/c...efits/view-all) do you have a card for the $250 airline credit similar to the one shown below (example from plat):

When I look at this on my screen it briefly shows this card for $250 and then disappears? Its really bizarre, so before I go ahead and use any of the incidental credit wanted ot check if this happens to anybody else?
Old Oct 8, 2018, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Exleftseat
If you didn't get the (fairly new) popup telling you that you won't get the signup bonus (before completing the application), then you presumably will get the welcome bonus if you do the required purchases (not from any place like giftcards.com, though!) in the required time.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 12:10 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
150,000 point Ascent to Aspire Upgrade Offer

My Ascend online account has an offer (pop-up ad) to upgrade to Aspire and get bonus of 150,000 Hilton points by spending $4,000 on the new card. Kind of on the fence about accepting that offer. I'd value upgrade points at three-tenths of one cent per point or $450.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 8:12 am

Yeah, I got the same 150,000 offer to upgrade as well. $4K/3 month spend.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 8:30 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by macman806
Yeah, I got the same 150,000 offer to upgrade as well. $4K/3 month spend.
Where was the offer? I don't see it on my Amex statement, Aspire says "new card" and I know I won't get the bonus from having so many Amex cards before.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Bowgie
My Ascend online account has an offer (pop-up ad) to upgrade to Aspire and get bonus of 150,000 Hilton points by spending $4,000 on the new card. Kind of on the fence about accepting that offer. I'd value upgrade points at three-tenths of one cent per point or $450.
That's a superb offer. FWIW, I and many others did that same upgrade earlier this year for *no* welcome bonus. Now I wish I'd waited!
Old Oct 9, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat, Alaska 75k, IHG Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FleyeSkyHigh
Not exactly the question, but I believe that if you upgrade you would still at least receive the one free night certificate bonus at one year anniversary despite upgrading the Ascend (former Surpass) to Aspire.
I upgraded, and received the free night certificate several weeks later (before the anniversary).

What I'm trying to confirm is, does an upgrader to Aspire get a $250 resort credit prior to their card anniversary? Posts in other threads imply yes, but Amex tells me "no." (Also asked this in the $250 resort credit thread).
Old Oct 11, 2018, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Where was the offer? I don't see it on my Amex statement, Aspire says "new card" and I know I won't get the bonus from having so many Amex cards before.
Among other places, my Ascend->Aspire upgrade offer is showing in my Amex Offers section, while logged in and having my Ascend card selected.

The other place I've seen it is my going to Credit Cards in the card menu (at top left) while logged in and having my Ascend card selected.

It haven't had an Ascend statement in a while, so I don't know if it would show on a statement or not, but I have my doubts, as none of the PRG/Gold->Plat upgrade offers I've seen online (and have ignored) have shown up on my PRG/Gold statements.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 8:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Among other places, my Ascend->Aspire upgrade offer is showing in my Amex Offers section, while logged in and having my Ascend card selected.

The other place I've seen it is my going to Credit Cards in the card menu (at top left) while logged in and having my Ascend card selected.

It haven't had an Ascend statement in a while, so I don't know if it would show on a statement or not, but I have my doubts, as none of the PRG/Gold->Plat upgrade offers I've seen online (and have ignored) have shown up on my PRG/Gold statements.
Thanks, but it's a no-go for me. I clicked on every possible possibility. The only card I'm being offered with a bonus is the new fancy Starwood, which I don't want.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.