Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2019, 1:50 pm

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
Originally Posted by WorldTravl
Nah it looks like they were just showing Krug, because it's a well known high end brand. They didn't announce anything, it is just a picture. I'm sure there will be cheaper options.
Obviously they changed their Instagram post, when I saw it in the morning (Europe), the definitely wrote that Krug will be their house champagne....
After that, someone asked if the pictured Krug champagne and canapés will be served during the Airport-Hotel transfer, but they denied.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 3:01 pm

Alcohol

Oh. no. I would never risk anything. Just asked because I'm going to Dubai prior so, I will make sure to remember not to repack my liquor in my bag.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 8:30 pm

Programs: KF, MPC, BAEC // Bonvoy, WoH, Honors
Originally Posted by tom-schmitt
And I wouldn’t expect a free bottle of champagne on arrival or on NYE like they do at the Conrad Maldives.
Source: https://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/.../maldives.html
  • In-villa VIP welcome Champagne, sweet and savoury amenities
Don't expect it to be Krug though...
Old Jun 8, 2019, 9:38 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Gold_Member
Any advice you wish to share to get it through customs scanners? Feel free to PM me if more appropriate.
Have never smuggled anything illegal in my life, so can't help you there. My reference to my own consumption is usually for private enjoyment, not to go flash it in front of someone's face (especially if they dislike/against alcohol wherever in the world it may be)

Exactly. This is where some points people get annoying. They try to find the cheapest way to do thing.
Sorry to be cheap or am I too poor to apologise. Maybe we are even too poor to comment. Sorry Mr Rich Guy.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Don't try the water bottle trick. They are wise to it. I am not a drinker but a friend got his taken off him and warned.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 8:18 am

Are you people serious! Trying to sneak liquor through customs?? That does not sound like a vacation to me.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 10:35 am

In my opinion. The rooms in the promo video look nicer than what they decided on. I like how it is brighter colors, and has more attention to detail. Also, the Mahal restaurant looks a-lot nicer than what they actually did.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 5:50 pm

Is that a regular sofa or a sofa bed? Base rooms look *MUCH* nicer than the Garden Villas at the StR.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
Is that a regular sofa or a sofa bed? Base rooms look *MUCH* nicer than the Garden Villas at the StR.
As I understand it the entry level rooms don't have a lounge area, so at the least that photo would be a Grand Villa.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 11:19 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Miles & Smiles *G, PC Amb
I managed to book the King Villa with Pool for Easter 2020 on points at 120k/night for 5 nights. In checking now, no point redemptions at standard rates are avialable anymore for my dates or for days either side of Easter, so i consider myself very very fortunate to have snagged this!

I've been through this thread in detail, and want to highlight a couple of updates which may have changed recenty;

1) It was previously mentioned that King Villa was not avialable for 2 Adults & 2 Kids and that one must book a King Grand Villa in order to accommodate or upgrade to one. However, the system let me book 2 A & 2C into the King Villa and also notes this on my confirmation. Hotel has also confirmed that two rollaway beds will be provided complimentary for the kids under 12. In looking at the floor plan, it would seem really tight to have two rollaway beds - I wait to see how they accommodate this.

2) Transfer pricing; Please see below update with pricing for kids;

Transfer fee is at US$350+23.2% Tax and service charge per adult per way. For children below 4 years, the transfer is complimentary and US$100+23.2% Tax and service charge per child per way for children between 6 to 11 years.

Am waiting to hear reviews of the Atoll Transfer option that others are looking into. Even with the reduced pricing for kids, will still cost me over US$2000 for return transfers through the hotel.

3) Kids Facilities and Baby sitting - See below information;

We have the largest kids club here in the Maldives, that for sure your children will enjoy. Waldorf Young Discovery Park with both indoor and outdoor area to ensure that our junior guests have an unforgettable experience with us. Our kids’ club is for 4 to 11 years old however below 4 years old are welcome to use facilities as long as they are accompanied by their parents, guardians or you can hire babysitter from us. Babysitting Services can be arranged upon request for children 1 year and over and will be charged at US$25++ per hour until 11:00pm every day and US$35++ after 11:00pm. We are still currently working on our kids activities and program, as soon as it become ready we will share it to you.

The baby sitting prices are not over the top and comparable to other top end luxury resorts ive stayed in which hover at generally between US$15-20/hour.

4) I did ask for restaurant menus, they indicated that these are still being finalized and would only be ready by end of June.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 1:45 pm

atoll transfers hasn't gotten back to me after reaching out to them twice...anyone know of a better company?
Old Jun 10, 2019, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by mb123
It is common in most hotels, that breakfast is held at the biggest venue..and that’s very often the all-day-dining- restaurant.
Wow. Didn't know that.
Originally Posted by mb123
Having the choice between 2 restaurants for breakfast as in Rangali is an exemption.
The word you're looking for is exception.

Unrelated Question
If I have Gold status and made an award booking with points. But my wife gets diamond status via a credit card before the stay. Would just the gold benefits apply (Because I made the booking), or would the diamond benefits apply (because my wife is staying with me and has a higher status).
Any replies would be helpful.
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
Gold applies. The benefits of the person who books is what is applied.
Technically yes, but this is the Maldives so it's often not the case.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by htran88
atoll transfers hasn't gotten back to me after reaching out to them twice...anyone know of a better company?
Probably out purchasing new boats to fill all these upcoming WA transfers. That means no time to answer the phone / email, LOL.

And all that talk about alcohol and how cool it is / would be to smuggle it past those darn sensible people who would rather confiscate it than put themselves at its mercy and roll the dice with the nearly 60 kinds of cancer it can give you. Humanity is surely doomed.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 7:00 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Probably out purchasing new boats to fill all these upcoming WA transfers. That means no time to answer the phone / email, LOL.

And all that talk about alcohol and how cool it is / would be to smuggle it past those darn sensible people who would rather confiscate it than put themselves at its mercy and roll the dice with the nearly 60 kinds of cancer it can give you. Humanity is surely doomed.
Moderate alcohol consumption has not been linked with decreased life expectancy and has actually been linked to decreased risk of heart disease relative to both zero and heavy consumption.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 11:16 pm

Flawed and biased studies, insufficient data and myths aside, your choice to decrease your risk of heart disease by consuming a poison, that along with the cancer risks (which, need I point out are risks even with very low consumption) there are a multitude of ways it screws with the body and its normal functioning - both temporary and permanent - instead of reducing your risk of heart disease by the many different, completely non-harmful methods available to you, is, well.....your choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.