Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:03 am

Return/Round trip transfer at $370 ++ pp would be reasonable.

At $370++ each way per person ... $1820'ish for 2 people if each way ...Yikes yikes
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:08 am

Based on the online chat I just had the rep said around $250 to $450 and 1/2 price for kids. Then I realized I forgot to ask if that's RT
Old Feb 11, 2019, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by llfoster
Return/Round trip transfer at $370 ++ pp would be reasonable.

At $370++ each way per person ... $1820'ish for 2 people if each way ...Yikes yikes
Return usually means roundtrip.

$370 for a short 30-minute yacht ride is a little high, but in terms of absolute pricing the St. Regis Vommuli charges $700 per person for a roundtrip seaplane flight.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:23 am

The taxes are $6 per night, per room. Not per person. Here is a screenshot of my 5 night reservation confirmation with 2 people in the room. I see no other taxes/charges due for the room.

I also have a couple voucher reservations and see the same $6 charge per room, per night.

TD

Last edited by Traveler Dave; Feb 11, 2019 at 11:29 am
Old Feb 11, 2019, 11:52 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Spire Amb
Booked 12 nights in January 2020.

-2 5 night reservations (480k*2)
-2 one night free night certificates.

I also have Conrad Bora Bora Booked (booked before this happened.) Now assuming no surprises, will cancel Conrad Bora Bora to try this. I am keeping my expectations somewhat down. In my opinion Conrad Maldives was not as desirable as Conrad Bora Bora/Hilton Moorea. The only thing better was snorkeling by a bit and some one off experiences of eating under the sea. That is why I had already booked Conrad Bora Bora. Now, I get lured back to the Maldives to try the Waldorf Astoria ... I'm prepared to be underwhelmed.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
The taxes are $6 per night, per room. Not per person. Here is a screenshot of my 5 night reservation confirmation with 2 people in the room. I see no other taxes/charges due for the room.

I also have a couple voucher reservations and see the same $6 charge per room, per night.

TD

We were charged $60 for 1 room, 5 nights, which would make it $12 per night.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum Ambassador, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Have 3 weekend night certificates that expire at the end of September. Would you book 8 nights here in September (3 with certificates, 5 with points) or 6 nights in January/February (1 certificate and 5 points)

Saying this knowing that September is wet season where Jan/Feb rain is less likely but knowing it won’t be as occupied in September due to the wet season and new opening (better chance at a better Diamond upgrade possibly?)

My 30th birthday and my wife and I’s fifth anniversary is in September too.... leaning toward that option as the more nights and special occasions seem like an obvious choice but the thought of a rainy week is definitely in the back of my mind
Old Feb 11, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott PPE with Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by harrisk7
Have 3 weekend night certificates that expire at the end of September. Would you book 8 nights here in September (3 with certificates, 5 with points) or 6 nights in January/February (1 certificate and 5 points)

Saying this knowing that September is wet season where Jan/Feb rain is less likely but knowing it won’t be as occupied in September due to the wet season and new opening (better chance at a better Diamond upgrade possibly?)

My 30th birthday and my wife and I’s fifth anniversary is in September too.... leaning toward that option as the more nights and special occasions seem like an obvious choice but the thought of a rainy week is definitely in the back of my mind
I would assume minimal chance if any for free upgrades; Jan/Feb bettter weather but availability for any award stay will be tighter. I booked 11 nights during festive season this AM, when I booked the rep said they were wide open (10 award / base rooms available). A few hours later I checked on line and a few of my nights were already booked up without award space...

Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by harrisk7

Most definitely do the 8 nights. Besides the obvious upgrade possibility due to probable low occupancy, flying half way round the world you want to be there as long as possible, that is unless the Maldives is a very regular destination for you.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:47 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
The taxes are $6 per night, per room. Not per person. Here is a screenshot of my 5 night reservation confirmation with 2 people in the room.

I think you may have booked the room for one adult and then added the second person as an additional guest. I know because I did that, and it shows as $6 per night. Made a second one night booking for two adults and it shows as $12.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 2:53 pm

Regarding number of rooms assigned to points bookings, I wonder if the current number as posted here (10) is 5+5, i.e; 5 King Beach Villa with Pool and 5 Two Queen Bedded Beach Villa with Pool or 10 of each. They seem to be different villas and not interchangeable like the Conrad with its King and Double (where they separate the bed matresses in the middle to make a King into a Double). The King Beach Villas with Pool are 234 sq.m and 5 Two Queen Bedded Beach Villas with Pool are 242sq.m in size.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 3:35 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott PPE with Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Regarding number of rooms assigned to points bookings, I wonder if the current number as posted here (10) is 5+5, i.e; 5 King Beach Villa with Pool and 5 Two Queen Bedded Beach Villa with Pool or 10 of each. They seem to be different villas and not interchangeable like the Conrad with its King and Double (where they separate the bed matresses in the middle to make a King into a Double). The King Beach Villas with Pool are 234 sq.m and 5 Two Queen Bedded Beach Villas with Pool are 242sq.m in size.
I am pretty sure it is 10 base rooms per type (10 for King and 10 for double queeen). The diamond rep I was talking to this AM said that they had 10 of my room type left - which was a King Beach villa. Now they are sold out of my room type for almost every night of my 11 night stay during festive season. It also could be that they have more than 10 rooms per type; because there were 10 left at around 8am EST and award availability started overnight so I am sure some bookings happened prior to my call.

@MF: are you now splitting your Dec stay to include the WA? Or are you still doing all 31 at Conrad? We are now doing 6 night at Conrad and 11-13 nights at Waldorf. Still should have a window to meet up with other FlyerTalkers at Conrad happy hour, or up in the trees at WA
Old Feb 11, 2019, 4:41 pm
kkg

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1MM/1k
[QUOTE=scwam;30764421I mean, they already rape you on the points redemption from 120k to 655k when you add a child after adding 2 adults.[/QUOTE]

Can you elaborate on this? Is the hotel not welcoming kids?
Old Feb 11, 2019, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by kkg
Can you elaborate on this? Is the hotel not welcoming kids?
Children are allowed at this property. It's just that over the months I've noticed Hilton plays games; different games regarding jacking up point redemptions when specifically children sleeping in the same bed 6 and under should be free (even when it clearly states on the hotel's individual website they are free).Or, other tricky stuff like adding 3,000 point cost when you add a second guest to the room (total of 2 guests) when in fact Gold+ members should not have to pay for a second guest. There's all type of little tricks like that you wouldn't normally notice that violate their own terms.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 5:09 pm

Booked 3 nights second week of July 2019. Hoping all goes well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.