Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2019, 1:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Michael19887
The wiki has been updated to present the resort overview in a manner that removes bias/inaccurate information and to more closely align it with the actual experience at the resort. This included rearranging bullets, updating certain pricing information, removing unnecessary drama, and adding a few tidbits throughout that I hope are helpful.

This is a great improvement. Thank you.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by Kimomo
On the same boat 5+1, think the same that will replace 1 point night with weekend cert but it never pop up for more than 6 months. Diamond desk can't help to replace as well. As long as you can still find the inventory on the date you want to replace, call Hilton to book with cert and cancel your original point night.
My final weird solution to make it even is to book IC for another 4(3+1) nights and plan to cancel 6th WA point night. Lucky me that I got the IC 4 nights, but now stuck in 2 high transportation $(740+715)x2. Hope IC is worth the extra charges. Appreciate if anyone knew IC allows 3rd party transportation? Not much info so far on FT.
Will go to IC for 3 nights from January 9-12 before going to the WA. Let me know if you have any questions!
Old Dec 29, 2019, 6:47 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, BAEC
Is an Ocean villa the new name for a reef villa? It’s the only type coming up for June 2020 for a points booking.
Old Dec 29, 2019, 8:40 pm

Beach villa 200's

Hi has anyone stayed in the even numbered beach villas 200's lagoon facing? Is that the calmest water? Decent beach?
I've seen in the wiki people recommend even number 600's but looks reefy and the rock walls seem off putting,

Going with two little toddlers and trying to figure out calm water think the wind is east most of our stay (feb)

Thanks
Old Dec 30, 2019, 12:18 am

Can you please help . I need advice of booking with point at this WA. When I look at reward night availability online, I see no availability for 2 night (Two Queen Bedded Reef Villa with Pool ) for the time frame which I want to book . I like to know the following:

a) Does anyone know how many standard room ( Two Queen Bedded Reef Villa with Pool) WA normally set aside for Hilton guest can book using point .

b) Will there be a chance the resort will have standard room ( Two Queen Bedded Reef Villa with Pool) available at a later day. Should I keep check in to see if any standard room will available to book with point.

c) Will you advise that I should book what ever room available with point now and will consolidate my booking later when the standard reward room ( Two Queen Bedded Reef Villa with Pool) night becomes available again ( for the day I need).

I want to be able to utilize the 5th night free when booking with point , I am unsure how it can be done if all of my booking consolidate later . Can it be done without any cancellation / problem and must require to rebook my stay again in order to have 5th night free

d) Should I contact WA reservation to see if they can open a standard room ( Two Queen Bedded Reef Villa with Pool) on the day I need so that I can book 5 nights consecutive in 1 booking . Have anyone done that .

My travel day is fixed and I can not change it to another day due to work schedule . Unfortunately the week I plan to go Maldives has 2 nights with with no standard room award available for booking with point, before and after my travel day, there is plenty of standard room .

Thank you.

Last edited by vnfilm1; Dec 30, 2019 at 12:58 am
Old Dec 30, 2019, 1:34 am

Programs: VS, BA, HH Gold
Snorkeling on the house reef.

Anyone who is a keen snorkeler care to post photos and a review to compare WA reef life to the Rangali?
Old Dec 30, 2019, 7:29 am

Programs: AA EP/4MM, DL GM/1MM, HH ♦, Bonvoy LT PLT, Hyatt Globalist, AMEX Bus Plt
Originally Posted by ScubaRoo
Anyone who is a keen snorkeler care to post photos and a review to compare WA reef life to the Rangali?
I’ve been intently following for the same reason. Will help make decision on which of the two I will visit next year after a few visits to the Conrad.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 8:48 am

disappointed

Originally Posted by texmanufan
I’ve been intently following for the same reason. Will help make decision on which of the two I will visit next year after a few visits to the Conrad.
Yes, I'm honestly torn, I want to go back to the Rangali (for our 3rd visit) for the reef, but the recent devaluations for Honors members and downgrade in service is seriously concerning. So if the Waldorf has a decent reef, that might swing it for me to try out the WA.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by vnfilm1
Can you please help . I need advice of booking with point at this WA. When I look at reward night availability online, I see no availability for 2 night (Two Queen Bedded Reef Villa with Pool ) for the time frame which I want to book . I like to know the following:

a) Does anyone know how many standard room ( Two Queen Bedded Reef Villa with Pool) WA normally set aside for Hilton guest can book using point .

b) Will there be a chance the resort will have standard room ( Two Queen Bedded Reef Villa with Pool) available at a later day. Should I keep check in to see if any standard room will available to book with point.

c) Will you advise that I should book what ever room available with point now and will consolidate my booking later when the standard reward room ( Two Queen Bedded Reef Villa with Pool) night becomes available again ( for the day I need).

I want to be able to utilize the 5th night free when booking with point , I am unsure how it can be done if all of my booking consolidate later . Can it be done without any cancellation / problem and must require to rebook my stay again in order to have 5th night free

d) Should I contact WA reservation to see if they can open a standard room ( Two Queen Bedded Reef Villa with Pool) on the day I need so that I can book 5 nights consecutive in 1 booking . Have anyone done that .

My travel day is fixed and I can not change it to another day due to work schedule . Unfortunately the week I plan to go Maldives has 2 nights with with no standard room award available for booking with point, before and after my travel day, there is plenty of standard room .

Thank you.
A. I'm not sure how many doubles are available, but they seem harder to come by then Kings. I thought if there was a double room available, then it would also be available to redeem via rewards.

B. If someone cancels their paid stay or reward stay I think the space then becomes available for you to book with points. So keep checking

C. If there is a king reward room available to book, then definitely book it. You can always cancel if a double opens up. Also, you could then pay to upgrade to a overwater or beach double.

D. I've tried multiple times and have always been told NO. Maybe you have better luck.

Unless 5 nights in the same room are available at the same time, you will not be able to get the 5th night free. You can not consolidate your current dates without dropping and rebooking them. It's a pretty big risk to drop the nights you have in the event the other nights open up. Your call, but you run the risk of the nights you have not coming back for some reason. Especially if you booked some of the rooms a month ago when the reward room was the beach Villa. I could see that beach Villa coming back into stock, but it no longer being the reward room.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 5:59 pm

Somewhat off-topic. The best snorkeling I have seen was in Turks and Caicos. The color of the coral was so vibrant. It looked like one of those pictures you see on travel sites or in ads. It made the Maldives seem like "meh". I did a 5 hour snorkeling tour for 145$ with free food and drinks.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by toade
A. I'm not sure how many doubles are available, but they seem harder to come by then Kings. I thought if there was a double room available, then it would also be available to redeem via rewards.

B. If someone cancels their paid stay or reward stay I think the space then becomes available for you to book with points. So keep checking

C. If there is a king reward room available to book, then definitely book it. You can always cancel if a double opens up. Also, you could then pay to upgrade to a overwater or beach double.

D. I've tried multiple times and have always been told NO. Maybe you have better luck.

Unless 5 nights in the same room are available at the same time, you will not be able to get the 5th night free. You can not consolidate your current dates without dropping and rebooking them. It's a pretty big risk to drop the nights you have in the event the other nights open up. Your call, but you run the risk of the nights you have not coming back for some reason. Especially if you booked some of the rooms a month ago when the reward room was the beach Villa. I could see that beach Villa coming back into stock, but it no longer being the reward room.
Thank you for your reply.

I send an email to WA reservation to see if standard reward room can be opened up for the day I needs. I receive and email that the standard room (Two Queen Bedded Reef Villa with Pool and the king bedded reef villa) area available to book with point . I was advised to check with Hilton since the booking will be done thru Hilton rep .

I checked again on Hilton website and it shows no room available for the 2 night I mentioned in my post . I wonder if Hilton is in control of releasing standard room for WA .
I will continue to check daily to see if anything open up later .

I am looking to stay at WA for my next trip since Conrad seems to down grade their service for diamond member. However, if there is no award room availability for booking, I may have to book my stay at Conrad again

I also have a question of shared yacht transfer from Male airport to WA resort and vice versa . Does anyone know if hotel guests who their arrival at 10:00pm, can they get a transfer from Male airport to WA resort. And if guest have a later departure ( ~ 11:00pm) , what time WA normally transfer guest from resort to Male airport.

By the way, what is different between Two Queen Bedded Reef Villa with Pool and the king bedded reef villa . Does these villa are on land facing the ocean or they are over water villa . I am fine with either King room bed or 2 queen beds as long as award room is open up for my 5 nights stay in the same booking .

Last edited by vnfilm1; Dec 30, 2019 at 11:58 pm
Old Dec 31, 2019, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by vnfilm1
I also have a question of shared yacht transfer from Male airport to WA resort and vice versa . Does anyone know if hotel guests who their arrival at 10:00pm, can they get a transfer from Male airport to WA resort. And if guest have a later departure ( ~ 11:00pm) , what time WA normally transfer guest from resort to Male airport.
Yes, you can transfer from the airport to the resort if you arrive at 10pm. I just did this last week.

My flight departure is around the same time as you indicated above and they are going to put me on the last boat they said. It apparently leaves around 8.30pm. The resort is one hour ahead of Male so you will arrive Male around the same time as you depart the resort. I did ask to leave later but they said the sea gets choppier so they don’t have a later boat back to Male.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 2:50 am

NYE Dinner

For anyone else at the resort tonight over NYE, I just found out that the US800++ does not include any alcoholic drinks!

As the communication from the resort on the format of this evening has been so poor I did not know what to expect but at that price did expect some alcohol to be included. I got a wine list in my room a few days ago for this evening but the card along with it was worded that we might want to order something to watch the fireworks so thought that was for after midnight.

There is now a cocktail hour from 8-8.45pm where drinks will be available but that’s it...
Old Dec 31, 2019, 5:41 pm

Incredible cost.

Originally Posted by samuelo
For anyone else at the resort tonight over NYE, I just found out that the US800++ does not include any alcoholic drinks!

I still haven't gotten over the "Compulsory Celebration Dinner" concept. Seems an oxymoron to me.

And then to charge almost a $1000 per head with no alcohol included??? I'd be expecting decent Champagne, quality wines and Scottish malt whisky.

It would certainly leave me with a hangover if I were forced to pay that amount.

Hope you all enjoyed it and it didn't disappoint.

Happy Hogmanay.
Old Dec 31, 2019, 8:25 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
NYE Party

So anyone right now at the resort can comment on the NYE Party?
How was it?
I heard the Maledivian band was good, but the Chicago /cabaret show was too long and boring.
No party/ dancing before midnight.

Last edited by mb123; Dec 31, 2019 at 10:25 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.