Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2019, 8:42 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Michael19887
For those arriving in the coming days; they start lobsters and champagne on Sundays at least during festive season. It is All you can eat on the beach with free flow champagne for 295++. Sounds like a Similar set up and price to Conrad but we didn’t get to try it bc our departure day is the first one
This is a huge positive step forward. To me, there has been very little "maldivian" or "beach" or "over the water" feel with the current dining options so far.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 9:51 pm

For those arriving in the coming days; they start lobsters and champagne on Sundays at least during festive season. It is All you can eat on the beach with free flow champagne for 295++. Sounds like a Similar set up and price to Conrad but we didn’t get to try it bc our departure day is the first one
Must be a misprint. Are you sure it's not $2950++? Ha ha ha. Maybe reality is finally starting to set in for them.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 11:14 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
Must be a misprint. Are you sure it's not $2950++? Ha ha ha. Maybe reality is finally starting to set in for them.
Nope! It’s actually in the festive season book they left in our room. None of the prices on the menus at the resort have been as high as we anticipated from the original menus posted. The infamous Burger at the Ledge (amazing) with fries was in the mid $30s++ at lunch yesterday. lobster roll is actually 65++ with fries and not the 90 or something insane price. Most cocktails are $18-$22 in alignment with Conrad prices, and the restaurants have selections of bottles of white wine in the $65-$85 range. Haven’t checked red wine though since we are more white wine drinks.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by brandonpkt
How is the snorkeling by your villa is there a drop-off nearby like at the Conrad house reef? Asking because a prior poster recommended the 700s for snorkeling.

How would you rate the 100s vs 700s?

I arrive in about one week. When do you leave? If still there we should have a FlyerTalk meet up over happy hour
Snorkeled this morning off the villa - tons of fish. Similar to Conrad with no live coral and powder blue tangs, Humahuma trigger fish, Dori, etc. Saw a giant turtle under the villa this morning. We didn’t feel the need to check out the house reef given all the fish nearby.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 3:32 pm

It appears that they have re-named the King Reef Villa to King Ocean Villa. This will be the standard room for 2020 on point bookings for 120k. I see some availability in March 2020 for the King Ocean Villa (formerly King Reef Villa).

Old Dec 20, 2019, 4:11 pm

ugh so much availability the days/weeks after i need it
Old Dec 20, 2019, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by j.cerda
It appears that they have re-named the King Reef Villa to King Ocean Villa. This will be the standard room for 2020 on point bookings for 120k. I see some availability in March 2020 for the King Ocean Villa (formerly King Reef Villa).....
Thank you for posting. ^ Award availability is wide open for most days due to this villa type change. Grab them while you can.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 7:35 pm

Nope! It’s actually in the festive season book they left in our room. None of the prices on the menus at the resort have been as high as we anticipated from the original menus posted. The infamous Burger at the Ledge (amazing) with fries was in the mid $30s++ at lunch yesterday. lobster roll is actually 65++ with fries and not the 90 or something insane price. Most cocktails are $18-$22 in alignment with Conrad prices, and the restaurants have selections of bottles of white wine in the $65-$85 range. Haven’t checked red wine though since we are more white wine drinks.
Seems they're finally coming down to earth. The greedy suits must feel sick in the stomach that they're not able to price-gouge as they originally planned. What a bummer, huh.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 11:16 pm

Are the Overwater Villas superior to the Reef Villas in every way? Costs aside, any reason not to choose the Overwater Villa? (for 2 adults with no kids)
Old Dec 22, 2019, 1:44 am

Programs: VA, A3, HH, SQ, EK, CX
Originally Posted by TerryK
Thank you for posting. ^ Award availability is wide open for most days due to this villa type change. Grab them while you can.

Have I missed out? Not seeing anything now...
Old Dec 22, 2019, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by ozguytim
Have I missed out? Not seeing anything now...
They're probably still working on something on the back end. Availability was wide open as of 12 hours ago. Nothing as of now.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by alanslegal
This is a huge positive step forward. To me, there has been very little "maldivian" or "beach" or "over the water" feel with the current dining options so far.
Not sure if it is new, but we ate lunch almost everyday on the beach. You can order from The Ledge or Nava to any of the beach chairs, covered area by the bar, or the pool. Had no problem getting a table over the water at Li Long. Oddly, more people seemed to be inside.

Definitely agree the beach meals are a positive step forward, and I’m bummed we had to leave today and miss it. They will have a live band on the beach for the Lobster and Champagne too.
Old Dec 22, 2019, 9:26 am

Hi everyone

Does anyone use a one-hour photography service for wedding photos?
Old Dec 23, 2019, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Ejdndkak
Does anyone use a one-hour photography service for wedding photos?
after how much i paid for mine, yes!
Old Dec 23, 2019, 1:09 pm

Cash rate for Nov/Dec '20 has been released but still no award availability?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.