Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2019, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by llfoster
Oh dear lord 655,000 points per night for grand beach villa. . No standard awards showing up.
Thats not really what it says.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by kryten22uk
Just called 1-800-Waldorf

655K for Grand King Beach
720K for Grand King Reef

Asked about free night vouchers. With only premium points loaded they have no free night inventory to pull from. Very nice CSR rep. She said give it a day or two and they should get the base room and free night loaded.

I am still hopeful the base Beach Villa will be 95K. If you look, all the rooms have the "Book with Hilton Honors Points Call 1-800-WALDORF" option, with the exception of the Beach Villas. Seems odd those would not be bookable with points, but everything else is?

Last night I kept refreshing the website about every 30 minutes. There were updates each time. I presume they are still working on everything.

TD

Last edited by Traveler Dave; Feb 7, 2019 at 10:44 am
Old Feb 7, 2019, 10:57 am

Programs: Hilton, Marriott, IHG
It really is -- and for Festive Season, over a million points! Premium Awards don't follow standard points pricing and are based entirely on demand (and whatever Hilton thinks they may be able to get away with
Old Feb 7, 2019, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
First date for booking is July 1st.

As mentioned in post #153
Old Feb 7, 2019, 11:40 am

They have now removed any reference to Points options

TD
Old Feb 7, 2019, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave
They have now removed any reference to Points options

TD
....now they are back....
Old Feb 7, 2019, 12:21 pm

unfortunately yes it is ...

screen shot from this morning -
This is a screen shot from this morning ... showing 655,000

Last edited by Canarsie; Apr 30, 2019 at 11:53 am Reason: Consolidation.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 1:02 pm

Thanks for the updates fellas!
Old Feb 7, 2019, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by hull22
How is this WA expected to compare against the St. Regis Maldives?
It looks a lot more comparable and in some ways better than the SR (my current gold standard for Maldives accommodation). I get why those who have not stayed at a better resort would like the Conrad Rangali but for the rest of us the rooms are too poor to be good value for money or points. Since even beyond the use of points you are going to be spending north of Ł10k for a week for two with good quality flights and not counting pennies in everything you do in resort.

The SR is so far ahead of tne Conrad it is like comparing a good Westin or JW with a great St Regis or RC in Marriott terms. In pure cash terms tne Conrad is ludicrously expensive for tne room standard compared to tne good competition.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 2:07 pm

665k......woah
Old Feb 7, 2019, 2:43 pm

The initial DPs on the lowest points rate being 665K are not much fun. But something I did find interesting is the low $$ difference between rooms types. So if all goes well, and they do release a realistic base points room, the cost to upgrade beyond the base room is very affordable.

1748 USD - Beach Villa
+180 - Grand Beach Villa
+180 - Reef Villa
+360 - Grand Reef Villa
+360 - Over-water Villa
+540 - Grand Over-water Villa
Old Feb 7, 2019, 4:38 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
The anticipation is killing me?!!!!

All I want to know is how deep the water is in front of the beach villas, whether there are any soft toys given, and if I will get a nice dinner if I am celebrating my birthday? Just kidding!

Come on, open up at 360k/5nights and we'll book 15 days straight up - and then probably end up spending $10-20k whilst we are there, like many other points guests would do. The WA will still making a fortune from guests staying on points - they can charge $15 per small bottle of still water at the restaurants and we'll still book - so let us at it. Plus we will all come back with glowing reviews and make this resort more popular than the many dozens of resorts out there.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 4:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by alanslegal
The anticipation is killing me?!!!!

All I want to know is how deep the water is in front of the beach villas, whether there are any soft toys given, and if I will get a nice dinner if I am celebrating my birthday? Just kidding!

Come on, open up at 360k/5nights and we'll book 15 days straight up - and then probably end up spending $10-20k whilst we are there, like many other points guests would do. The WA will still making a fortune from guests staying on points - they can charge $15 per small bottle of still water at the restaurants and we'll still book - so let us at it. Plus we will all come back with glowing reviews and make this resort more popular than the many dozens of resorts out there.

I'd like to switch my August reservation over from Rangali if they open up standard awards here. Early signs are not encouraging I guess.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 5:04 pm

Sheesh. I have about 1.3 million Hilton honors points. Guess If I save save just a bit more I can get a 2 night stay.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by Jamal06
Sheesh. I have about 1.3 million Hilton honors points. Guess If I save save just a bit more I can get a 2 night stay.
When I called the 800# this AM the CSR was pulling up info on the resort. When she got to the area that had the points, you could hear the amazement in her voice. She was very professional, but you could tell she absolutely shocked.

TD

Last edited by Traveler Dave; Feb 7, 2019 at 6:09 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.