Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2019, 11:17 am

Programs: Delta Kryptonium-Platinum Medallion, Hyatt/Hilton Diamond
Currently on our 3rd night here. Very impressed. We've been to Conrad Rangali and we were in Conrad Bora Bora earlier this year and so far, this is our favorite property, hands down.

Will post a more in-depth review later on but some quick data points/observations:

- So far, service has been excellent throughout. As expected, most of the key people (concierge/front desk/resto managers) know you and your family by name, etc
- Our butler has gone and beyond our expectations. Looks like previous issues have been corrected
- Some bikes do have name tags/license plates now
- Upgraded to Grand Beach Villa as Diamond without requesting, will move to GOWV next
- Li Long Peking Duck is amazing!
- Peacock Alley drinks/food tray is a really nice touch for Golds/Diamonds
- Sunset fishing excursion is a blast!
- Kids Club personnel/facilities are top notch! Perfect for families with small children
- We've taken advantage of free wellness activities like yoga, pilates, stretching and they have all been excellent!

If you have any questions, I will try my best to answer. Also, if anyone wants to meet up, hit me up!

Last edited by AirForceFlyer; Sep 5, 2019 at 11:19 am Reason: grammar
Old Sep 5, 2019, 11:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by j.cerda
The cost cutting has begun!

When the dedicated website was loaded yesterday the True Waldorf Service included complimentary pressing of 2 garments per day under GARMENT PRESSING.
If you look at the website it now states you only get 1 garment pressed per guest only on the day of arrival.
Unbelievable. The in-room iPad also mentions two free pieces per guest per day as the benefit. Wife and I used this twice. Was a nice touch.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 2:41 pm

Stella Maris Ocean Villas

Has anyone else noticed that the Stella Maris Ocean Villas can no longer be booked online?
I checked to the end of the reservation schedule in 2020 and it is not possible to book them via the website nor the Hilton mobile app.
I wonder if they are having construction or building issues.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 2:51 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by AirForceFlyer
Currently on our 3rd night here. Very impressed. We've been to Conrad Rangali and we were in Conrad Bora Bora earlier this year and so far, this is our favorite property, hands down.

Will post a more in-depth review later on but some quick data points/observations:

- So far, service has been excellent throughout. As expected, most of the key people (concierge/front desk/resto managers) know you and your family by name, etc
- Our butler has gone and beyond our expectations. Looks like previous issues have been corrected
- Some bikes do have name tags/license plates now
- Upgraded to Grand Beach Villa as Diamond without requesting, will move to GOWV next
- Li Long Peking Duck is amazing!
- Peacock Alley drinks/food tray is a really nice touch for Golds/Diamonds
- Sunset fishing excursion is a blast!
- Kids Club personnel/facilities are top notch! Perfect for families with small children
- We've taken advantage of free wellness activities like yoga, pilates, stretching and they have all been excellent!

If you have any questions, I will try my best to answer. Also, if anyone wants to meet up, hit me up!
How is the ocean around the 600/700 villas for swimming/relaxing? Is the depth around 4 feet? Is the sand smooth; or, is there a lot of dead/broken coral in the water around the villas which makes the sand unpleasant without water shoes?

Is the hotel having any beach dining events while you are there?

Thanks!

Last edited by Michael19887; Sep 5, 2019 at 7:37 pm
Old Sep 5, 2019, 3:20 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Has anyone else noticed that the Stella Maris Ocean Villas can no longer be booked online?
I checked to the end of the reservation schedule in 2020 and it is not possible to book them via the website nor the Hilton mobile app.
We inspected the Stella Maris Ocean villa two months ago (and also linked some videos in this thread somewhere). The villas were almost complete when we were there (probably needed a few more weeks tops). I would be guessing that guests who want to book these villas need to make direct contact with the resort, just like certain suites/certain hotels require guest to contact them.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Lesson here: Check availability every day!!!

5 day points stays are like finding 4 leaf clovers here.

I booked Oct. 21-26 yesterday. That's gone now.

These dates popped up today but weren't there yesterday.
-Dec. 8-13
-Dec. 21-26
-Dec. 22-27
....NOTHING UNTIL
- May 7-12, 2020
Old Sep 5, 2019, 9:11 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor

Is there a schedule of the free wellness activities that you can post here?
Old Sep 6, 2019, 12:27 am

Our concierge informed us that they are expanding the deck and making the pools bigger.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by Michael19887

How is the ocean around the 600/700 villas for swimming/relaxing? Is the depth around 4 feet? Is the sand smooth; or, is there a lot of dead/broken coral in the water around the villas which makes the sand unpleasant without water shoes?

Is the hotel having any beach dining events while you are there?

Thanks!
600s/700s are perfect for swimming/snorkeling. Depth is around 2-4 feet until the drop off. Sand by the beach villas is a mix of smooth and dead/broken corals but overall, good for relaxing and just lounging around.

So far, I have not been informed of any beach dining events. Hope this helped!
Old Sep 6, 2019, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by mb123

Is there a schedule of the free wellness activities that you can post here?
Here you go! Hope this helps!

Wellness Program Weekly Schedule
Old Sep 6, 2019, 2:31 am

Some bikes do have name tags/license plates now
Are they personalised name tags? If so, it must mean someone from WA is reading this thread!
Old Sep 6, 2019, 3:12 am

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
What's more interesting is that I booked my award for the Beach Villa on Saturday for my stay on March 27, 2020 and then "downgraded' to the Overwater Villa last night.
Hi

Can you elaborate on the "downgrare" pls ? I know the price for beach villa is higher than several room types but have standard reward available. Do they offer you or you contacted the hotel?

Thanks
Old Sep 6, 2019, 4:23 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Another Getaway
Unbelievable. The in-room iPad also mentions two free pieces per guest per day as the benefit. Wife and I used this twice. Was a nice touch.
Oh I definitely got 2 pieces per day pressed back in July, I think I used it twice. What a weird place to cut costs two months after opening.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 5:58 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Our concierge informed us that they are expanding the deck and making the pools bigger.
Can you ask when the remainder of the villas (South section of the resort - 100s and 200s, Stella Maris. Private Island) will be ready? Thanks!
Old Sep 6, 2019, 6:43 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Not disputing what your conciege says - after being in the game for so long, what low level staff (at hotels/airlines/etc) tell you can often not be correct. Guess that could make sense though, have a look at my video, now there really isn't much room for some deck chairs / tables / loungers so extending the deck then moving the pool outwards which looks like an intensive and costly exercise, that could take some time. There is the upper level as well which has more space but its for a different purpose.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.