Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2019, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by TravelStar
Brings me to a question someone here might know the answer to. I'm Diamond and booked two Villas with points from my HH account at Ithaafushi. One Villa is for me and my wife. The other Villa is for my brother and his wife. My brother is Hilton Gold. My name remains as the primary name on their reservation. I put my brother and his wife down as "additional guests" on their reservation and they will be paying for their own incidentals. My question is; I know I'll be receiving breakfast for two on our Villa, but will they be entitled to breakfast?
You are entitled to free breakfast (and any other Gold or Diamond benefit) based on who is staying in the villa, not whose name is on the reservation for that villa. Having said that, the good news is your brother is Gold so he will get free breakfast for him and his wife due to his status.

Last edited by MaldivesFreak; Sep 4, 2019 at 2:03 pm
Old Sep 3, 2019, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by Scotland
Well done, I still need night of 27th March too. Is there anyway of easily having a search for availability to be notified or do you just have to manually check each day?
Scotland,

I have been searching manually each day.

I have used Open Hotel Alert in the past.
You will need to search for the hotel and the dates that you need.
Then find the room type that corresponds to the standard award availability and click on Alert Me.

OneMileAtATime had an article titled "Receive Alerts if Hotel Award Nights Become Available" that describes how to do this as well.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 6:37 pm

Originally Posted by Ming Chang

Where are the house reef locations? Thanks.
The house reef excursions start at a pier near the excursion location. This is at the end of the 600 BVs and right before the 700s OWVs start.

We did night snorkeling there last night. Just me and my wife and 2 guides. It is advertised as requiring a minimum of 4 people, but our concierge was still able to get us this reservation. The night snorkeling was a lot of fun. Our first night time snorkeling experience but best snorkeling experience so far. The reef is beautiful - very colorful and loads of corals. We saw a huge variety of sea life. Earlier concerns in this thread regarding sea life missing due to recent construction were invalidated last night for us.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by Tomh65
Cheers Rish much appreciated, out of interested is this your first time tot eh MAldives, if not how does the reef compare to previous?
First time in Maldives for me. second time for the wife. No previous experience to compare with in Maldives. But we've been snorkeling in Hawaii at 3 different islands if that helps at all.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 6:51 pm

The hotel upgraded us from a BV to an ocean facing OWGV for our last night here and we've been given a late checkout for right until before our departure.

Additionally, DJ Snake arrived last evening - the first celebrity who received an exclusive welcome wit music and flower garlands. We saw his arrival from Peacock Alley while enjoying our canapes.

Our dinner at Peacock Alley last night was one of the best so far. They had our table decorated for us, and since we were the only folks dining there at that time they played our country's music without asking and the wife and I got to dance by the seaside. I think it was a very reasonably priced destination dining experience!

Someone had also commented about the Peri Peri chicken at The Ledge earlier. Thanks for that review. We tried that the night before and it was one of the best kinds of chicken we've ever had. It was huge in size as well and did not leave us hungry.

I have a lot of photos of the villa decor, of food items we ordered and drinks as well. Please let me know if there's anything folks are interested in.

In Villa Dining does not have a delivery fees, and is only subject to service charge and taxes just like everything else at the resort.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by rish
Additionally, DJ Snake arrived last evening - the first celebrity who received an exclusive welcome wit music and flower garlands. We saw his arrival from Peacock Alley while enjoying our canapes.
I wonder if they got any complaints from guests for disrupting their 'privacy' or 'safety', LMAO.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 12:37 am

Hello, I am new to flyertalk so not sure if doing this correctly.
I am staying at the Waldorf Maldives in a couple weeks and had a few questions.
1. Should I request a certain room? No one from the hotel has contacted me yet.
2. Is there a price list for activities that I can find?
3. About how much should I expect to pay for a beer?
4. Do the rooms have microwaves?
Old Sep 4, 2019, 8:02 am

Hi there @adamtylerwright and welcome to FlyerTalk.

As far as I know every answer is already in the thread (you can use the search function to find the posts) and in the wiki (which is at the top of each page in this thread).
You can request a certain room if you want but it would be best to first read the posts in the wiki under Villa Selection to make an informed choice.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by adamtylerwright
4. Do the rooms have microwaves?

@adamtylerwright the answer to the first three questions you asked are in the wiki, there is also a higher quality property map that you should find in the wiki to assist you in your selection.

but can anyone else chime in on the microwave situation?
Old Sep 4, 2019, 9:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by htran88
@adamtylerwright the answer to the first three questions you asked are in the wiki, there is also a higher quality property map that you should find in the wiki to assist you in your selection.

but can anyone else chime in on the microwave situation?
I also answered this above. There are no microwaves in the room by default, but we requested one and they provided it at check-in.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 1:48 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
Originally Posted by Another Getaway
I also answered this above. There are no microwaves in the room by default, but we requested one and they provided it at check-in.
What did you do with the microwave, heat babyfood?
Old Sep 4, 2019, 1:51 pm

There's a new website for the Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi.
It is of a very similar design to the Conrad Maldives Rangali Island website

https://www.waldorfastoriamaldives.com
Old Sep 4, 2019, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by j.cerda
There's a new website for the Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi.
It is of a very similar design to the Conrad Maldives Rangali Island website

https://www.waldorfastoriamaldives.com
Finally, it looks so much nicer
Old Sep 4, 2019, 2:14 pm

Thanks, @j.cerda. Added to the wiki.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 2:23 pm

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Is that the one WorldTravl designed for them?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.