Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2019, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by jphripjah
I've stayed at the Conrad Maldives twice and just visited WA so I thought I'd weigh in on this question.
Thank you for your reply. All of this information was very helpful!

Unfortunately what I meant in my original post was a comparison between WA and StR Vommuli. That is currently what I am deciding between. Have you by chance stayed at StR?
Old Jul 19, 2019, 1:03 pm

We are coming to Maldives for the first time staying in January, splitting between Conrad and WA (both on points) so I asked about the possible transfer option, as well as about the upgrade at WA from Standard Beach Villa. I know there we some posts on it before, and wanted to share what answers I received:

This answer was given few months back, so now the price might be different as pointed out in wiki - the original price was ~$3K lower:
"For the direct transfer from Conrad Maldives Rangali Island, you have to hire our yacht or charter a seaplane.
We have not yet finalized these prices yet however, the seaplane charter rate would be approximately US$5900+ 23.2% Tax and service charge per way. The seaplane rates are subjected to change based on the aircraft availability for a given date."

Upgrades
"The upgrade supplements are as follows during your stay period:
King Grand Beach Villa with Pool : US$200+ 23.2% Tax and service charge per night
King Reef Villa with Pool : US$300+ 23.2% Tax and service charge per night
King Overwater Villa with Pool : US$600+ 23.2% tax and service charge per night"
Old Jul 19, 2019, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by Rizla
Length: 6 nights
Rate: Points
HH status: Diamond
Room Booked: Beach villa
Room Stayed: Grand Deluxe Over water villa (No charge)
Transportation: W.A. yacht booked. Cost over 1400$ return for Two adults.
Final room folio: Over 5000$
Spa usage: 3 treatments total. 2 using the free 30 mins Diamond benefit. 4/5
Restaurant:
Yasmeena 2.5/5
Glow 4/5
The Ledge 5/5
Li Long 4.5/5
Tangled 4.5/5
In room dining 2.5/5
Breakfast 4/5

Overall stay 4.5/5
How did you get the upgrade on your stay? Did they offer it or did you have to ask for it?
Old Jul 19, 2019, 7:33 pm

Just finished my 4-day stay, the St. Regis felt nicer and higher-end (although the weather might have played a part in that). There were a few areas that I felt were lacking the finishing touch, but I guess that's what the maintenance in the first two weeks of November are for. Regarding the yacht transfer, from the people I talk to it sounds like they are still trying to find a price-point that doesn't come across as price-gouging (seems like there were a lot of complaints).
Old Jul 19, 2019, 11:02 pm

Kids Club - Current Schedule.

Old Jul 19, 2019, 11:03 pm

Current Restaurant Schedule

Old Jul 20, 2019, 1:12 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Etihad Guest, Singapore Kris Flyer
Originally Posted by yuganda
Just finished my 4-day stay, the St. Regis felt nicer and higher-end (although the weather might have played a part in that). There were a few areas that I felt were lacking the finishing touch, but I guess that's what the maintenance in the first two weeks of November are for. Regarding the yacht transfer, from the people I talk to it sounds like they are still trying to find a price-point that doesn't come across as price-gouging (seems like there were a lot of complaints).
Is that planned is maintenance is on record? I have booking from 3th Nov to 8th Nov at WA.

Last edited by TravellerLux; Jul 20, 2019 at 3:55 am Reason: misinterpratation
Old Jul 20, 2019, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by yuganda
I guess that's what the maintenance in the first two weeks of November are for
Is this at the WA? Do you have any info on what this entails?
Old Jul 20, 2019, 10:03 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond.
Originally Posted by rishabh.rajiv
How did you get the upgrade on your stay? Did they offer it or did you have to ask for it?
I simply asked.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 10:38 am

Anyone have any recommendation for hiring speedboat to get to the resort from airport? I already checked atoll transfer and getmyboat but haven't gotten any responses

Don't want to pay to $1500+ fee to WA.

TIA
Old Jul 20, 2019, 11:32 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, United Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by wekxbrainx
Anyone have any recommendation for hiring speedboat to get to the resort from airport? I already checked atoll transfer and getmyboat but haven't gotten any responses

Don't want to pay to $1500+ fee to WA.

TIA
I booked a one way transfer from the airport to the resort with GetMyBoat for November for $161. Please see post 1037 for details.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 2:07 pm

For the FT pioneers that have stayed here, can the base room accommodate 3 adults? The online booking reservation allows for 3 adults although the room descriptions say 2 adults + 2 children under 12 years of age. Wondering if there's a 3rd person supplement.
Old Jul 20, 2019, 9:58 pm

Originally Posted by iluvdoco
For the FT pioneers that have stayed here, can the base room accommodate 3 adults? The online booking reservation allows for 3 adults although the room descriptions say 2 adults + 2 children under 12 years of age. Wondering if there's a 3rd person supplement.
They can. You can get a rollaway if you want one. Nicest (ie, most comfortable) I have seen. The 2 queen beds would support 4 adults. The king bed is huge.

Don’t know about adult supplement. Our 3rd is 10.

TD

Last edited by Traveler Dave; Jul 20, 2019 at 10:05 pm
Old Jul 20, 2019, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by rishabh.rajiv
I had 2 questions (primarily from SO) and looking to get your insight:
  • Would a 110V hair straightening iron work there? Does the WA provide voltage converters or should we get something that is compatible?
  • Coffee was mentioned. I'm curious as to what flavors they had in the room? SO prefers some over others, and we can bring ours if they are not available in the room.
A regulator will be needed. We brought our own so not sure if they provide or not. Not one in the room.

We use this one. Pretty compact. Has 4 USB ports as well. We also use in US hotels that seem to never have enough outlets.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E140XWA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E140XWA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Only coffee pods and tea bags in the room (I posted a pic a few days ago). Only a Nespresso machine and water kettle for tea. No “regular” coffee maker.

Only outlet in Grand Beach bathroom

Next to bed (both sides)

In various locations in the room. Though most have something plugged in.

Last edited by Traveler Dave; Jul 21, 2019 at 4:19 am
Old Jul 20, 2019, 10:44 pm

Last nights turned down treat...4 figs....first one we did not eat. Most nights there are 4 cookies. All have been very tasty.

TD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.