Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Conrad Maldives Rangali Island {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2018, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Originally Posted by toocool17
I am trying to book this hotel for early next year. Is their no award availability after the 8th of Jan?
Nothing for now...
Old Jan 18, 2018, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by MJJW1985
did you guys actually get any luck with getting requested villa?
We got in our most preferred group of 4 villas once (339-342) once and the other time in our preferred group of 8 (335-342).

Originally Posted by MJJW1985
I have also requested specific number and got this response:

"We have noted your room allocation requests. Although we are unable to confirm a specific location or room number prior to your arrival we will keep your request on high priority and try our best to allocate your preferred villa based on availability of rooms on your arrival"

Of course it makes sense, just wondering what are the chances to get requested villa
It's impossible to answer that question. It depends on how many villas are occupied when you are there (usually all of them), how long each group of occupants is staying in that category and how many requests there have been for specific villas.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by babypuwet
Hey guys, does anyone know if the dive center has prescription goggles for rent? I just realized that I would probably need them to do the whale shark swim and I leave in 4 days.....
Just heard back from the dive center. Snorkeling mask with prescription will cost $15++.

Regarding the whale shark tour:
From the dive centre we run a snorkel Whale Shark Talk&Tour excursion three time per week (Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays), starting at 0830 with an informative briefing about whale sharks, behaviour etc, and our code of conduct for swimming with them by our resident marine biologist Marina (We have multilingual staff on the boat in Spanish, German, Italian, Russian, Chinese and Japanese). We depart the island by speedboat at 0900 and reach the hotspot in approximately 20 minutes. Once we arrive there is a lot of searching involved to find them as the reef is over 30km in length and the whale sharks can be anywhere in the area. Once located we jump into the water with our experienced guides for a once in a lifetime experience. We return to the Conrad by 1230. The cost per person is $200++ and the spaces are limited to 12 person per trip. Please note that we can only offer the excursion to guests over the age of 12 and that are good swimmers as this is paramount for in water safety on the excursion due to the currents and ocean conditions can be rough and very high boat traffic and other snorkelers in the water around the whale sharks.We do like to draw to everyone attention that whale sharks are wild animals so we cannot guarantee that we will for certain see them on the trip, there is also an element of luck involved.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 6:20 am

Programs: OW Emerald - HH Diamond
MF is right, no guarantee you'll get the desired villa number. I'm about 50% on securing my requested spot. Even when I don't secure the villa I want, they get pretty close. Works for me.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 9:16 am

Anyone have email contact at Rangali? Last time I had reservations there I was contacted by a personal assistant but this time nothing.
Thanks
Old Jan 19, 2018, 12:11 pm

You've tried the 2 in the wiki; reservations and general email?
Old Jan 19, 2018, 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by MaldivesFreak
You've tried the 2 in the wiki; reservations and general email?
Yes. I have tried those, my old Reservation Coordinator, the personal assistant and another employee that was there from my previous stay.
I guess I will wait a little more and see. My trip is next month though lol
Old Jan 20, 2018, 8:06 am

Sounds like your email provider might be blocked or filtered on their end. I suggest you call them and see if your emails are getting into their spam folder.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 9:00 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), IHG Platinum Elite, HH Diamond
This thread is an absolute trove of information. Thanks to everyone whose posts I’ve been reading over the past few months.

We arrive at Rangali next month, and I have a couple of questions for the collective wisdom of the FTers here.

Can anyone report on the current state of the beach in front of the sunrise DBVs right now? I’m thinking around villas 225-230, close to the snorkel channel. MF’s very helpful summary post shows that it can be pretty poor. Having a nice useable bit of beach is pretty important to us, and judging by previous trips to the Maldives, we would make more use of it than most. I’m considering requesting a DBV further up into the mid 230’s. Any thoughts about that?

Second question, to clarify something, as there’s slightly conflicting information on here. Is it correct that you can request tap water when dining around the resort? In every other Maldivian resort we’ve visited, we’ve been offered ‘filtered water’ which they freely admit is the same stuff that comes out of the taps in your villa, but served in a bottle at a premium price. Everything else we expect to pay through the nose for, but there’s something galling about paying for tap water. Am I going to be pleasantly surprised, or is it the same here?

Thank you in advance for the advice!
Old Jan 21, 2018, 11:06 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ajx2
Can anyone report on the current state of the beach in front of the sunrise DBVs right now? I’m thinking around villas 225-230, close to the snorkel channel. MF’s very helpful summary post shows that it can be pretty poor. Having a nice useable bit of beach is pretty important to us, and judging by previous trips to the Maldives, we would make more use of it than most. I’m considering requesting a DBV further up into the mid 230’s. Any thoughts about that?
A few pics of the area in October 2017 - the beach was very wide there at the time:

Old Jan 21, 2018, 11:52 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
We stayed in Rangali during Christmas and New Years and the beach near the snorkeling channel looked the same as on Goliaths picture, so no need to worry I guess.
But it was very narrow in the lower 100 Beach Villas.

Last edited by tom-schmitt; Jan 21, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Old Jan 21, 2018, 1:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), IHG Platinum Elite, HH Diamond
Thank you both for the beach update! And thank you goliath for posting the pictures. That looks way better than I was expecting. I understand it can be seasonal, but unless anyone who's there right now says different, it sounds like I can relax!
Old Jan 21, 2018, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Just received the upgrade offers for my stay, and I noticed that the Retreat villa was much cheaper than the Deluxe villa. Is there a reason for this? It appeared to me that the Retreat was a better room than the Deluxe. I'd appreciate some advice on this one!

Pleased to inform we do have availability of other higher villa categories during your stay period. Since you are our valued Diamond member, we are happy to offer special discounted upgrade rates as below.

Water Villa to the Deluxe Beach Villa USD135.00 per night + 10% service charge + 12% TGST tax

Water Villa to the Superior Water Villa USD90.00 per night + 10% service charge + 12% TGST tax
Water Villa to the Retreat Water Villa USD280.00 per night + 10% service charge + 12% TGST tax
Water Villa to the Deluxe Water Villa USD455.00 per night + 10% service charge + 12% TGST tax
Old Jan 21, 2018, 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by xkr0p
Just received the upgrade offers for my stay, and I noticed that the Retreat villa was much cheaper than the Deluxe villa. Is there a reason for this? It appeared to me that the Retreat was a better room than the Deluxe. I'd appreciate some advice on this one!

Pleased to inform we do have availability of other higher villa categories during your stay period. Since you are our valued Diamond member, we are happy to offer special discounted upgrade rates as below.

Water Villa to the Deluxe Beach Villa USD135.00 per night + 10% service charge + 12% TGST tax

Water Villa to the Superior Water Villa USD90.00 per night + 10% service charge + 12% TGST tax
Water Villa to the Retreat Water Villa USD280.00 per night + 10% service charge + 12% TGST tax
Water Villa to the Deluxe Water Villa USD455.00 per night + 10% service charge + 12% TGST tax
I can't help you with the question on the RWV vs DWV, but can you please share what month you are traveling?
Old Jan 21, 2018, 11:27 pm

Programs: ANA PLATINUM,HYATT GLOBALIST, AA PLATINUM FOR LIFE, UNITED SILVER, HILTON DIAMOND, MARRIOTT TITANIUM
Wow. this forum is great. I'm looking to stay here in the next few months for 5 nights on points as a Diamond.

My hotel bucket list includes all Conrads and Park Hyatts. Has anyone transferred from the Conrad to Park Hyatt or vice versa?

I'm trying to figure out if I can do this without going back to Male and paying for 2 RT transfers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.