Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton to launch new brand aimed at young professionals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2019, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,

Hilton to Launch New Brand Aimed at Young Professionals

By Craig Karmin

(Dow Jones) -- Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc. is introducing a new hotel brand geared toward a young professional crowd, taking on rivals such as Marriott International Inc. in this increasingly competitive slice of the market.

The new Hilton brand has been in the works for about a year and will feature a lifestyle concept, focusing on modern design, and a bar and restaurant scene targeted at both urban travelers and locals, say people briefed on the matter....
More: https://www.wsj.com/articles/hilton-...ls-11577188920

Last edited by cblaisd; Dec 24, 2019 at 9:15 am Reason: 1) Added link; 2) Removed wholesale copy/paste of copyrighted material per FT Rules
Old Dec 24, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, DL PM, Hertz President's Circle
Isn’t this what Canopy is?
GMTmin8 likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
This sounds like a direct rival to Moxy; I've never stayed at one and not eager to do so.
BearX220, NoY, strickerj and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
This sounds like a direct rival to Moxy; I've never stayed at one and not eager to do so.
Moxy has tiny rooms (but great bars) - looks like Hilton is opting for larger rooms here
Points Scrounger likes this.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 10:25 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Well thank goodness. It seems like weeks since Hilton launched a new brand.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I was just asking myself ,we really need another hilton brand and have not had one for a while!!. So , thank you hilton!

Will wait to see what the brand actually is.

Regards

TBS
Old Dec 24, 2019, 10:40 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
It’s called Spark. The first location in uptown Dallas was leaked not long ago, and there’s a thread floating around FT about it.

khabah
Old Dec 24, 2019, 10:43 am

Programs: HH Diamond
The Hilton Inn of Gardens.

similar to the HGI, but more communal tables since young professionals are more social. Plus, more outlets because young professionals need outlets. All the outlets.

breakfast like the HGI but with an açaí bowl, and yoga mats. You literally eat on yoga mats.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 11:08 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
What are the odds Hilton have concluded young professionals don’t need desks in their room?
Old Dec 24, 2019, 11:10 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
Hilton does need any more brands....just improve the ones they have......
Old Dec 24, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: DL Silver - uh huh!
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
What are the odds Hilton have concluded young professionals don’t need desks in their room?
Or bathroom doors?
EuropeanPete, MoodyB and strickerj like this.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 11:16 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
This sounds like the development planned by the ISN offices off, well, Greenwood Cemetery. I'm not sure why this detail was omitted from the publicity since it is a pretty large feature of the block. It's an up-scale resting place, very verdant (the cemetery, that is). It's a block or two away from the M-Line trolley service and a decent restaurant / shopping area in Uptown.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...uptown-dallas/

The above article seems to be at the start of the zoning process, and talks about a two brand property, Motto and Spark. More on Spark here:

Spark by Hilton

(not much more!).

and more on Motto here

Motto by Hilton

with Motto seemingly near to Moxy to my eye.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 12:52 pm

Programs: BAEC, Delta SkyPesos, VS FC, SQ KF, AA, HHonors
Will there an avocado toast bar? I would unironically love that.
dave1013, MoodyB and Ellvizzle like this.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 1:40 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
I don’t get what I’d want, as a young professional, that most regular professions wouldn’t want either in a hotel? Put a functional gym, work table in the room, actual breakfast, outlets on both sides of the bed and good lighting. So basically, what I should expect from a full service hotel. If I’m at a hotel for work, I don’t need blaring music in the lobby, or some guy in a bow tie making me a 15$ flaming cocktail, I’m not staying for a bachelor party.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 2:49 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Oh good good, I was only thinking to myself the other day “ what Hilton need to do is get another brand to add to their portfolio “ ��
Miesque likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.