FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   2020 Points Unlimited (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/2000079-2020-points-unlimited.html)

hiltonguy123 Dec 16, 2019 11:30 am

2020 Points Unlimited

2020 Points Unlimited Promotion offer valid January 6 through May 3, 2020

Earn 2,000 Bonus Points per stay and 10,000 Bonus Points every 10 nights

http://www.HiltonHonors.com/PointsUnlimited

ashkale Dec 16, 2019 11:53 am

Thanks- Registered at the landing page!

Abidjan Dec 16, 2019 12:50 pm

Thanks OP, I see it on my account too. Probably would've missed it. :cool:

more4less Dec 16, 2019 2:09 pm

Thanks OP, just registered!

Good promo for me

Filthy Monkey Dec 16, 2019 2:50 pm

With an ‘expensive’ stay finishing on 6 Jan and a WA Maldives stay mid-May, this could work out well for me. Let’s hope, though, that they don’t extend it and that the next promo is double or triple points!! 😁

It is making me rethink my planned WA Shanghai stay, though. Perhaps time for some hotel hopping...

itsj0nathan Dec 16, 2019 3:12 pm

Q1 has historically had pretty crappy promotions...Same thing every year. the rest of the year usually is double or triple points.

sdsearch Dec 16, 2019 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by itsj0nathan (Post 31846749)
Q1 has historically had pretty crappy promotions...Same thing every year. the rest of the year usually is double or triple points.

Crappy is in the eye of the beholder.

For me, double points is what's crappy, because I have to hotel hop anyway most of the time (this week is a rare exception) because I have to pay on my own tight dime, and the places I stay one Hilton Honors hotel only tends to have good rates on Mondays, a different one on Tuesdays, and few of them on Wednesdays (when I usually have to go to other programs). Plus those other programs typically have stay-based promos all quarters.

And because I'm not on an expense account, I have to go for the lowest rates, and those are multiplied the least with double points.

Double points is for those who do longer stays and/or more expensive stays. Not all of us are those folks.

So to me, it's actually the Q1 HH promotion that I like the most, because it's the one rewards hotel hopping the best.

florens Dec 16, 2019 11:40 pm

Registered. Ok promo for me. ^

Lefly Dec 16, 2019 11:53 pm

Thanks OP.
As for the promotion, I think I would have preferred double points since i have a couple of "long" stays during the promo period... but it's always better than nothing :)

Pretzelsandpeanuts Dec 17, 2019 3:39 am

Thank you OP, as usual this didn’t show up on my account anywhere, but I was able to sign up via the link.

arlflyer Dec 17, 2019 7:21 am

1 Attachment(s)
Here ya go...did a simple calculation that shows the % bonus off the 10x base as a function of $/night and stay length. Assumes for simplicity that the 10k/10 night bonus can just be amortized out to ~1k/night...I'm personally around the 3 night / $200/night realm so looks like about an average 83% bonus for me.

SteadyAT Dec 17, 2019 9:08 am

Originally Posted by Pretzelsandpeanuts (Post 31848346)
Thank you OP, as usual this didn’t show up on my account anywhere, but I was able to sign up via the link.

Same here. Thank you OP.

pmarrsouth Dec 17, 2019 9:12 am

Thanks OP, was waiting for it!

Points Scrounger Dec 17, 2019 9:16 am

I do mostly cheaper one-night stays, do this would be roughly triple points in my case, but I can see how it wouldn't be as nice for other folks.

Hilton Honors Ambassador Dec 17, 2019 9:40 am

New Year, New Way to Earn Bonus Points with Hilton Honors’ Points Unlimited

Just confirming that Hilton Honors is ringing in the new year by awarding members unlimited earning and spending potential with Points Unlimited, starting January 6th.

There’s no limit to what members can earn, with 2,000 Points every stay PLUS 10,000 Points every 10 nights. Full details below:

· Registered members will earn 2,000 Bonus Points per stay during the promotion period

· An additional 10,000 Bonus Points will be awarded for every 10th night completed

· Each time a member achieves 10 nights, 10,000 Bonus Points will be awarded, and the member’s stay/night count will reset

· Promotion Stay Date: January 6 – May 3, 2020

· Register here

Members looking for ways to spend their Bonus Points can now redeem Points for Lyft ride credits, thanks to Hilton Honors’ first-of-its-kind partnership with rideshare leader Lyft. To link their Hilton Honors and Lyft accounts, members can visit HiltonHonorsLyft.com.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Wishing you a happy holiday season and all the best in the new year!

Best regards,

William R. Sanders