Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Mysterious 45k points into my HH account

Old Dec 5, 19, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

My HIlton account has been left dormant since the start of this year (no stay with Hilton etc) and I note that I have a balance of say 18k points. It was not until yesterday when I logged in to my account, I discovered a 45k points in my account. Nothing in the point activity and it shows 'free night' on 30 November 2019.

I have recently made a booking for Bangkok (using Be My Guest certificate) but the stay is next year.

What do you guys propose? Use the points and make a booking?
Old Dec 6, 19, 4:26 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Delta Tupperware Medallion, National EE
Several folks here had points mysteriously appear in their accounts last year. Hilton discovered their mistake and removed those points. I would wait a while before trying to redeem them.
Old Dec 7, 19, 5:01 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, TK*G Elite+, HHonors Diamond, Club Carslon Silver, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold,
Originally Posted by eric_o View Post
Several folks here had points mysteriously appear in their accounts last year. Hilton discovered their mistake and removed those points. I would wait a while before trying to redeem them.
Id redeem them ASAP.
strickerj likes this.
Old Dec 7, 19, 6:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Your account can end up in minus (ie they could take the points back and you'd be on minus 45,000, assuming you used them all). I was once on minus a few thousand and the account operated as usual. So unless you intend on closing the account or not using it again, I don't see the benefit in spending them quickly.
Old Dec 7, 19, 6:08 am

Not a lawyer and not suggesting anyone do this, but per the adage, "never cheat a friend, but never give a sucker an even break." I'm from the school of thought, that on general principle, inefficiency (stupidity) should be arbitraged (punished).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: