FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   If Hilton's IT dept doesn't know, how am I supposed to? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1996266-if-hiltons-dept-doesnt-know-how-am-i-supposed.html)

Knoxtraveler Nov 20, 2019 9:05 am

If Hilton's IT dept doesn't know, how am I supposed to?

So, for the 9th time, I hit 60 nights last week. I got all the congratulatory stuff and all, but no 40k bonus. I call the helpdesk... they say I have 57 nights and not 60. I look again on-line and I have 60 nights this year plus 6 rollover from last year for 66 total. So, 60 actual nights should have triggered the bonus. Agent proceeds to tell me that back in Oct, I stayed in two different properties for same night. (family stayed at one of those combo properties) I only get credit for 1 room. They tell me it is a system "glitch" and that the main screen is wrong on portal. Glitch kept me from having enough points for the Thanksgiving stay I was going to book.

So, I didn't know you cannot receive credit for more than 1 room per night. I get that they don't want you to game the system reserving rooms for friends I guess, but in cases where you are paying for two rooms for your family, I think that is beyond ridiculous.

TTL Nov 20, 2019 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Knoxtraveler (Post 31758024)
So, for the 9th time, I hit 60 nights last week. I got all the congratulatory stuff and all, but no 40k bonus. I call the helpdesk... they say I have 57 nights and not 60. I look again on-line and I have 60 nights this year plus 6 rollover from last year for 66 total. So, 60 actual nights should have triggered the bonus. Agent proceeds to tell me that back in Oct, I stayed in two different properties for same night. (family stayed at one of those combo properties) I only get credit for 1 room. They tell me it is a system "glitch" and that the main screen is wrong on portal. Glitch kept me from having enough points for the Thanksgiving stay I was going to book.

So, I didn't know you cannot receive credit for more than 1 room per night. I get that they don't want you to game the system reserving rooms for friends I guess, but in cases where you are paying for two rooms for your family, I think that is beyond ridiculous.

You know the reason already. You can not split your status personality on two properties in one single night or several nights. Guys- really!!!! - you are already degrading the system with all your cheap credit card connections in NA. So a humble beg, do not try further degrade the system any further - stays, nites, base points... (a member from EU).

Hilton Honors Ambassador Nov 20, 2019 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Knoxtraveler (Post 31758024)

What you are seeing online and via the app are the results of the tier qualification counter. It considers all of the nights that qualify for elite tier qualification. The milestone bonuses are calculated differently. They do not include overlapping nights or rollover nights. As it says in the terms and conditions:

"Members will earn...during a calendar year (January 1st through December 31st)." This means that rollover nights from the previous year do not count.

And:

"Members will only receive credit for the nights stayed for one room, not multiple rooms booked for the same duration by the same Hilton Honors Member." Which means that any overlapping nights do not count.

So, it is possible to see 60 nights (or even 66), but only have 57 of them count towards the milestone bonus.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

Catskilltraveller Nov 20, 2019 8:42 pm

Well done. Clear and concise

florens Nov 21, 2019 12:33 am

Originally Posted by Hilton Honors Ambassador (Post 31759367)
What you are seeing online and via the app are the results of the tier qualification counter. It considers all of the nights that qualify for elite tier qualification. The milestone bonuses are calculated differently. They do not include overlapping nights or rollover nights. As it says in the terms and conditions:

"Members will earn...during a calendar year (January 1st through December 31st)." This means that rollover nights from the previous year do not count.

And:

"Members will only receive credit for the nights stayed for one room, not multiple rooms booked for the same duration by the same Hilton Honors Member." Which means that any overlapping nights do not count.

So, it is possible to see 60 nights (or even 66), but only have 57 of them count towards the milestone bonus.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

I suggest that Hilton IT makes this clear then in the app / website by adding a second counter for milestone bonuses.

Hilton Honors Ambassador Nov 21, 2019 9:28 am

Originally Posted by florens (Post 31760929)
I suggest that Hilton IT makes this clear then in the app / website by adding a second counter for milestone bonuses.

Thanks. They are working on this currently to be in effect by early 2020. Fingers crossed that it gives everyone some relief from the confusion.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

Zurich Nov 21, 2019 9:52 am

Originally Posted by TTL (Post 31758150)
You know the reason already.

Right, however, this did not stop OP to start just another useless thread, based on ignorance. (One more EU FTer).

Knoxtraveler Nov 21, 2019 11:27 am

Um, I didn't know that, hence the question and post.... but thanks for sharing that famous EU friendliness guys!!! :)

Enjoy your freedom.....

Jerry Vandesic Nov 22, 2019 9:01 am

Originally Posted by Hilton Honors Ambassador (Post 31762196)
Thanks. They are working on this currently to be in effect by early 2020. Fingers crossed that it gives everyone some relief from the confusion.

There already is a tracker for milestone bonuses, but it can be wrong. Here's what mine currently shows:

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...597449a4d4.jpg

The system thinks I have 63 nights, which would mean that I have already earned by 60 night bonus, and am 7 nights away from my 70 night bonus. But 6 of those nights are from a "Double Night Credit 2019 Offer" that I am currently receiving that gives me double nights towards earning status. And doubled nights do not count toward milestones, despite what this counter is telling me. I haven't yet received my 60 night bonus, despite what this counter is telling me. It's just wrong. To figure out how many nights I needed to hit 60, I had to wade through the listing of my stays and total them up manually -- a real pain.

So, we don't need a new tracker, we just need the current tracker to be correct.

Hilton Honors Ambassador Nov 22, 2019 9:16 am

Originally Posted by Jerry Vandesic (Post 31765736)
...So, we don't need a new tracker, we just need the current tracker to be correct.

Right now, the promotion bonus tracker is reading the tier qualification counter. This is part of what will be fixed in early 2020.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders

Jerry Vandesic Nov 22, 2019 9:27 am

Originally Posted by Hilton Honors Ambassador (Post 31765785)
Right now, the promotion bonus tracker is reading the tier qualification counter. This is part of what will be fixed in early 2020.

That would be good. Thanks William.

TheTourVan Nov 23, 2019 5:04 am

Originally Posted by Jerry Vandesic (Post 31765736)
There already is a tracker for milestone bonuses, but it can be wrong. Here's what mine currently shows:

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...597449a4d4.jpg

The system thinks I have 63 nights, which would mean that I have already earned by 60 night bonus, and am 7 nights away from my 70 night bonus. But 6 of those nights are from a "Double Night Credit 2019 Offer" that I am currently receiving that gives me double nights towards earning status. And doubled nights do not count toward milestones, despite what this counter is telling me. I haven't yet received my 60 night bonus, despite what this counter is telling me. It's just wrong. To figure out how many nights I needed to hit 60, I had to wade through the listing of my stays and total them up manually -- a real pain.

So, we don't need a new tracker, we just need the current tracker to be correct.

Imagine having one of those punch cards for a Sandwich shop. You go every Tuesday for subs and on Thursdays it is double punch day. After 10 subs you get a free one, but after 100 you get a party. Each time you check out it tells you, you need X more subs before you get your party. Except when you get to 99, it keeps saying you need 1 more for the next 10 visits and when you ask management, they say "yeah the counter is screwed up, but we verified it, its right, sorry, try again next time". That is what we are getting here.

Crazy that they have not removed the milestone bonus tracker from the website which gives erroneous information.
Diamond Desk was worthless, despite multiple calls.
Hilton Honors person here, confirmed that the counter is wrong, and worked to correct it for me, but it ABSOLUTELY should be removed.

I mean it is completely absurd, that there continues to be excuses and defense for this. A hope for a fix in 2020? For a promotion that is still going on right now and has been for months? What?