Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Yerevan City Centre {ARM}

Old Nov 17, 2019, 3:34 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Finnair Plus Platinum, TAP Silver, EB Silver, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond, NCH Platinum , BW Diamond
Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Yerevan City Centre {ARM}

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Yerevan City Centre

Grigor Lusavorich Street,4 2 Yerevan, Armenia AM 0015

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Yerevan City Centre {ARM} (25 Photos)

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Yerevan City Centre

Stayed in the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Yerevan City Centre in January -February 2019 and this was my first time in Armenia. This is also my first review in FT :)

The hotel is new and modern outside as well as inside.

1_IMG_1254.jpg1_IMG_1367.jpg

The hotel has one or two common balconies / floor for smoking if one might need such. The balcony on the back side is protected from the weather.

There is no Executive lounge in the hotel and the lobby bar is way over priced as can be expected.

Smoking was allowed in the lobby bar which might be a big deal for the sensitive ones though the ventilation was good and the cigarette smell didn't spread around the hotel.
This is something that is normal in Yerevan (and Armenia).

They seem to drop the rates constantly about 4 months from the current date on and rise them back again about 1 month from the current date. I delayed my booking until the rate dropped as expected.

Check In

The lobby is spacious and modern. The checkin was fast and hospitable.

IMG_1256.jpg

Room

Was upgraded to a Two Queen Bed Family Deluxe Room from the cheapest room as a Diamond as I needed two beds. They would probably upgrade Diamonds also to a suite if such would be available. They don't have many suites in the hotel though so I wouln't expect one unless it's a very low season.

Nothing special about the room itself. They have a complimentary minibar which has one cola, one fanta and one sprite (all 0,33l sugar versions) plus the usual carbonated and normal waters. The minibar is refreshed daily.

Got delicious premium local chocolates as a welcome gift.

The view is great from the upper floors of the hotel

IMG_1261.jpgIMG_1276.jpgIMG_1280.jpgIMG_1282.jpgIMG_1347.jpgIMG_1348.jpg

It's a bit out of the city center but walkable. The walking distance is 1,2km from the Republic Square so the "just a few steps away" mentioned on their own description is a bit exaggerated statement.

There seems to be a consturction area of a shopping center next to the hotel so the area is developing.

Taxis are very cheap in Yerevan.  

Dining

The breakfast offerings were nothing special but the service was probably the one best I've encountered on any breakfast.

IMG_1423.jpgIMG_1424.jpgIMG_2058.jpgIMG_2065.jpgIMG_2064.jpgIMG_2062.jpgIMG_1425.jpg

Service

The service was top notch on every occation during my stay and I had no issues when communicating in english with the staff.

Spa

They have a very relaxing spa which is probably never crowded. I'm not sure if it was complimentary due to my status or for all guests though. 
They are offering a very nice complimentary tea selection with cookies.

Enjoyed the sauna and the massage which was reasonably priced.
IMG_1549.jpgIMG_1550.jpgIMG_1551.jpgIMG_1552.jpgIMG_1578.jpgIMG_1580.jpgIMG_1582.jpgIMG_1583.jpgIMG_1588.jpg

Gym

The gym was nothign to write home about but does the job.

IMG_1398.jpg

Overall

Overall it's not one of the best or fanciest Hilton hotels I've been to but made my stay rememberable with it's relaxing spa and great breakfast service.

Not directly in the center of the city but one of the most modern ones and seemed to be also reasonable priced specially when there is a good points campaign available.

Would you like to write a review on the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Yerevan City Centre?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Nov 18, 2019, 12:21 pm
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Most of the flights arrived in EVN at stupid o’clock (between 2 and 4 AM). Did your booking included a very early check.in or did you book the night prior to your arrival ?
Old Nov 18, 2019, 3:05 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Finnair Plus Platinum, TAP Silver, EB Silver, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond, NCH Platinum , BW Diamond
UIA arrived at a comfortable 15:10 time and departed 16:10. Requested a bit later checkout from the hotel on the day of the departure with no issues. FlyUIA's flights from KBP to EVN with them are very cheap if booked almost year ahead.

Last edited by LassiJ; Nov 19, 2019 at 12:01 am
Old Aug 4, 2023, 9:01 am

I’m staying at this hotel now…no cookie. They tell me they stopped giving them out during Covid.

Not a big deal, but do other Doubletrees not give out cookies anymore or just this one? I have stayed at several that do give out cookies and this one has a full breakfast buffet, so not quite sure I got the Covid connection!
Old Aug 4, 2023, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yeah, now you mention it, no cookie. Corona will be just an excuse for not buying the dough, which IIRC is all bought centrally. Not much was that brand compliant here, there were no Hilton toiletries for example.

I did get a nice offer of sweets and nuts etc in my room.

The Cookies still exist at other hotels.

Make sure you get them to make you a coffee at the bar for BK, cos otherwise its some awful Nescafe machine, which is rank!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.