Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Unique but nice experience with Hilton brand.

Old Nov 7, 19, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, HIltonHonors Diamond, KrisFlyer Silver, BW Diamond

Several months ago I booked a stay at a yet to be opened Hampton Inn near the San Jose (SJC) airport using 40k points. About 2 weeks before the stay I was contacted by a representative of this hotel informing me the hotel opening was delayed and wouldn't be open during the time I had booked. He was apologetic and told me he would pay the difference for me to stay at any other hotel in the area. He told me to cancel the reservation (which I did) and make a new reservation using 35k points, with the balance in cash, which he said he would pay directly to the hotel. I sent him the new reservation # and he went to the Doubletree and paid the $190 balance. (It happened to be an expensive night to stay in this area, but I wanted to be near the airport.)

Upon check in this Monday at the Doubletree I did have a bit of trouble, as they had a glitch with the way the payments were in the systems. In 5 minutes they had everything straightened out and I was in my room.

I was a bit afraid they would go ahead and charge me but they did not. Then yesterday I noticed that not only had they not charged me the extra cash amount but had actually credited my Hilton Honors account for the 35k points I had used! So it turns out that I got that nights stay totally free! I didn't have to complain or threaten, they just made sure they had a satisfied customer.

Well done Hilton!
Moderator2, wizla, Lefly and 2 others like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: