Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

HGI - Are made-to-order egg and evening cookie brand standards?

HGI - Are made-to-order egg and evening cookie brand standards?

Old Nov 3, 19, 1:56 am
Original Poster

Question HGI - Are made-to-order egg and evening cookie brand standards?

I rarely stay at the HGI. Stayed there and learned the restaurant did not do made-to-order eggs for breakfast. In the evening, no matter what time I went back to the hotel (5, 6, 8), I did not see cookies. Front desk claimed cookies would be served but I never saw them.

Are these things still the brand standard for HGIs in the US?

Thanks.
Old Nov 3, 19, 5:39 am

Programs: 11x Southwest Companion Pass Status/ Hilton Lifetime Diamond/ Hertz PC; Iberia Oro
Made to Order eggs is a standard. I donít know if cookies are a standard but almost every HGI I go to serve them.

looks like that franchise is being cheap
B3nder and cawhite like this.
Old Nov 3, 19, 6:37 am

Programs: HH Diamond; National EE
At the past few HGIs I’ve stayed at, there is a regular chafing dish of eggs available at breakfast. You could ask for made-to-order, but most servers/hosts don’t actively volunteer that option.
Old Nov 3, 19, 6:43 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by username View Post
I rarely stay at the HGI. Stayed there and learned the restaurant did not do made-to-order eggs for breakfast. In the evening, no matter what time I went back to the hotel (5, 6, 8), I did not see cookies. Front desk claimed cookies would be served but I never saw them.

Are these things still the brand standard for HGIs in the US?

Thanks.
I've only had that happen in Flagstaff, Ariz at an HGI did not have a kitchen, but used an adjacent restaurant.

The breakfasts at the HGI's I've stayed at have been pretty much standardized,but there can be some variation in the quality of the food depending on the techniques the cook uses.

Bob H
Old Nov 3, 19, 10:34 am
Moderator Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite

Intuitive amenities

You want it? We've got it. Enjoy free WiFi in your room and free coffee in the lobby. Get a sunny start to your day with a fresh, cooked-to-order breakfast....
https://www.hilton.com/en/hilton-garden-inn/
Often1 and DiverDave like this.
Old Nov 3, 19, 10:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Seems the simplest thing to check the website for the brand standard, rather than asking how others' experiences.

Simply send a note, pointing out that the property does not meet the brand standard.
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Nov 3, 19, 1:50 pm

Programs: AS, AA, Hilton, Marriott
Usually the HGI cook to order isn't just limited to eggs, it usually also includes pancakes/waffles and a few other items that aren't available at the self service area.
Old Nov 4, 19, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
My HGI stays are mostly in Poland and Austria. And those hotels all have a chef station with made-to-order omlets. I suppose they could do a custom egg order, like a fried egg. Also, they all put out a cookie assortment at the front desk in the evening.
Old Nov 5, 19, 8:01 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I have never stayed at an HGI where I couldn't get my standard two eggs over medium and a small side of french toast. What does vary is what they have in addition to the basics even at the same property (i.e. corned beef hash, biscuits&gravy, etc). Since I was just there last week, I need to give props to the Hilton Garden Inn Arcadia, great service and their breakfast potatoes were nice and crispy and well seasons (a lot of time breakfast potatoes are mushy)
Old Nov 9, 19, 8:29 am

Programs: united, Hilton, Amtrak
The HGI in Las Vegas Nevada at Henderson does not offer cooked to order breakfast

I found this out the hard way. Booked without checking reviews and n trip advisor. I was livid. I wrote a review in trip advisor. If this amenity is important I recommend double checking by calling and checking reviews. Maybe we can start a pinned thread on flyer talk noting HGIs that fail in this area.
Old Nov 9, 19, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by Steve Weagant View Post
The HGI in Las Vegas Nevada at Henderson does not offer cooked to order breakfast
[...]
Maybe we can start a pinned thread on flyer talk noting HGIs that fail in this area.
I do not recall the details, but this HGI not only did not offer a cooked-to-order breakfast, it did not even honor its own breakfast menu. In other words, the hotel offers a menu with some "pick one from column A and one from column B" type matrix, but it offered a combination that it refused to allow. I posted about this in Breakfast offerings getting better at Hilton Garden Inn?.

Perhaps it does not merit a pinned thread, but certainly dedicated thread would be nice for noting hotels that fall short of their peers.
Old Nov 9, 19, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
The evening cookies seem hit-or-miss to me.
Old Nov 9, 19, 3:20 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Cookies in the evening? That's news to me, but then again, all my HGI stays so far have been in Asia and South America, so standards may vary by region...
Old Nov 9, 19, 5:59 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by RafKa View Post
Cookies in the evening? That's news to me, but then again, all my HGI stays so far have been in Asia and South America, so standards may vary by region...
HGI cookies arenít like DT or HI&S cookies. Itís more like a cookie/granola/craisin bite. Theyíre nice enough, but easy to miss if you donít know what youíre looking for.

I only recently figured out that HI&S only serve cookies on weeknights. Which is ironic, given that the VAST majority of my stays over the past four years have been weekend stays.
Old Nov 9, 19, 6:00 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List; Alaska MVPG; Hilton Diamond; Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by Steve Weagant View Post
I found this out the hard way. Booked without checking reviews and n trip advisor. I was livid. I wrote a review in trip advisor. If this amenity is important I recommend double checking by calling and checking reviews. Maybe we can start a pinned thread on flyer talk noting HGIs that fail in this area.
Did you also contact corporate customer care? I think thatís worthy of a customer service gesture.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: