Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Best value and conveniently located Hilton properties in Asia?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2019, 12:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG

I’m looking at my travels to Asia so far and I find that I tend to go to Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Singapore, Taipei, Kuala Lumpur, and Tokyo. If you are staying and looking for value in a convenient location, which properties in these cities would you pick?
Old Oct 28, 2019, 2:46 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
You don't mention if you're looking at using cash or points. Hilton Shinjuku is good value on points. Conrad Hong Kong can be great value nowadays, but its location can always be it's Achilles heel, as there could be protests in the area effectively tapping you at the hotel.
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
The Hilton Petaling Jaya offers good rates for Kuala Lumpur: though these rather reflect its inconvenient location (PJ is a satellite city of KL, contiguous with the capital).

If you are considering other Hilton brands, the two adjacent HGI properties in Chow Kit are central and exceedingly good value.
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RafKa
You don't mention if you're looking at using cash or points. Hilton Shinjuku is good value on points. Conrad Hong Kong can be great value nowadays, but its location can always be it's Achilles heel, as there could be protests in the area effectively tapping you at the hotel.
Sorry, but I meant cash.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
The Hilton Petaling Jaya offers good rates for Kuala Lumpur: though these rather reflect its inconvenient location (PJ is a satellite city of KL, contiguous with the capital).

If you are considering other Hilton brands, the two adjacent HGI properties in Chow Kit are central and exceedingly good value.
Yes, it could be any Hilton brands.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by IAN-UK

Yes, you can easily find those HGI hotels in the $25-30 range. Very cheap Diamond status if you're willing to spend a month hopping back and forth between the two.
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 11:44 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Hilton KL Sentral is great value - not cheap by local standards, but for the quality of the hotel very good.
lsquare likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shillard
Hilton KL Sentral is great value - not cheap by local standards, but for the quality of the hotel very good.
Does Gold and Diamond get a lot at that hotel? Good food and lounge access?
Old Oct 30, 2019, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by lsquare
Gold in Asia is often quite nice. Diamond more so. Sometimes there are status matches, or stay 4 times to get gold.

I’d read the hotel reviews to see what benefits you get at a property. They can vary greatly. I find that Indonesia has some of the better deals for full service properties, although some Bali properties I’d pass on. While Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam have some nice ones too.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 3:22 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.

No experience as a Gold, but Diamond gets access to a great lounge and reliable upgrades, plus buckets of free water every day.

Free buffet breakfast too - and the breakfast range is YUGE. The biggest. Believe me, nobody does breakfast like they do.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Gold in Asia is often quite nice. Diamond more so. Sometimes there are status matches, or stay 4 times to get gold.

I’d read the hotel reviews to see what benefits you get at a property. They can vary greatly. I find that Indonesia has some of the better deals for full service properties, although some Bali properties I’d pass on. While Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam have some nice ones too.
Sometimes the reviews aren't clear as to exactly what I get as a gold, but last I checked, gold does get me breakfast right? So does Diamond get more meals and or better food?
Old Oct 30, 2019, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shillard
No experience as a Gold, but Diamond gets access to a great lounge and reliable upgrades, plus buckets of free water every day.

Free buffet breakfast too - and the breakfast range is YUGE. The biggest. Believe me, nobody does breakfast like they do.
Aw man, that's good to know. Seriously thinking of giving that a shot. With respect to breakfast, as a gold, I get whatever diamond gets right?
Old Oct 30, 2019, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
You can't beat the value of room rates in KL (in general and also for HH properties)
Old Oct 30, 2019, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SK AAR
You can't beat the value of room rates in KL (in general and also for HH properties)
I'll be there in less than a month!
Old Oct 30, 2019, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Sometimes the reviews aren't clear as to exactly what I get as a gold, but last I checked, gold does get me breakfast right? So does Diamond get more meals and or better food?
Gold generally gets you breakfast. Diamond will get you lounge access if they have one.

Depending on the property, Diamonds often get upgrades. I get suites almost every time at some properties.
lsquare likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.