Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Best value and conveniently located Hilton properties in Asia?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best value and conveniently located Hilton properties in Asia?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2019, 5:28 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
You can sometimes find good rates at Hilton Manila and Conrad Manila, they both have EL, I prefer the Hilton over the Conrad, both offer a large breakfast buffet at their respective restos downstairs, Kusina in the Hilton is pretty decent.
lsquare likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 5:06 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Originally Posted by lsquare
I’m looking at my travels to Asia so far and I find that I tend to go to Hong Kong, Shanghai, Beijing, Singapore, Taipei, Kuala Lumpur, and Tokyo. If you are staying and looking for value in a convenient location, which properties in these cities would you pick?
In HKG?

Value & convenience... Hilton... choose one.

Conrad is (even in the current crisis) overpriced, and the Povo Hilton scarcely bears thinking about. I always go Hyatt in HKG.

In KL, you can't beat the Hilton Sentral. Awesome property (I'm there right now), upgraded to an Uber-suite on an AU$145 rate. Great lounge, great pool, very convenient location (across the street from KLA express)... what's not to like???

Other top value properties in SE Asia:

- Hilton Kuching (AU$90 a night or less)
- Hilton Kota Kinabalu
- DoubleTree Johor-Bahru (better than many Hiltons, a top property)
- Hilton Da Nang

Best "value" option in SIN is the Orchard Rd Hilton - but if it's a good price and you don't mind the travel times to stuff that is useful, choose the Conrad.
lsquare likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2019, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by SK AAR
?? IMO neither of the Hilton properties are located in such areas in KL
I’ve been staying at the HGI in KL since so arrived early last week I’ve already spent time in both the North and South buildings.

I do agree with you that the Chow Kit area is fine. I don’t see any issues. Very good value for the money. The breakfast spread is decent. I still think breakfast at the Renaissance in Beijing was much better, but obviously that’s a different price point.

I’m tempted to try out both the DT and the Hilton before I leave in about two weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.