Non-refundable award stay?

Old Oct 23, 19, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Non-refundable award stay?

I booked a two night award stay at a Hilton. When I revisited the reservation, I got the message below. This is a first for me. When I tried to rebook the same award stay, I do see the second message below stating that the stay is non-refundable, so I can't say that this wasn't communicated. However, I have never seen this restriction on award stays? Is this new?

This reservation is non-refundable and may not be changed or cancelled. For assistance or questions about this reservation, please call Customer care at +1-855-271-3617.
Guarantee and Cancellation Policy
This reservation requires a credit card deposit of $783.29 USD which will be charged to your card. If you cancel for any reason, attempt to modify this reservation, or do not arrive on your specified check-in date, your payment is non-refundable. 80,000 points will be deducted from your point balance. (Your account will be updated within 2 hours.)

If the slider is used to select a Points & Money combination, that selection is final once your stay is booked.
Old Oct 23, 19, 11:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
What is the property and what are the dates?

Resort during high season or perhaps a special event in town?
Old Oct 23, 19, 11:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's strange that a no show would be charged both the cash deposit and the points unless you choose to pay with points and cash. If so, it's expensive for two days. Details?

Check your email confirmation as that should state the cancellation policy.
Old Oct 23, 19, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Yes, the reservation is on 2/3 and 2/4 in Des Moines at the Hilton next to the convention center. The democratic caucus will be held on 2/3. I used 100% points for this reservation. I don't think in reality I would be charged the quoted dollars, only the points. No dollar charge has been posted to my Hilton Amex.
Old Oct 25, 19, 9:41 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by michaelr View Post
I booked a two night award stay at a Hilton. When I revisited the reservation, I got the message below. This is a first for me. When I tried to rebook the same award stay, I do see the second message below stating that the stay is non-refundable, so I can't say that this wasn't communicated. However, I have never seen this restriction on award stays? Is this new?
I'm seen this one other time at a very busy period in a major city.
Old Oct 26, 19, 6:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Plat Ambassador, HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold; Flying Blue Ivory
It happens, I have seen it in other properties too like the Hilton in Sydney.

Not standard but important to check when booking.

Globalist

Search this Thread
Search Engine: