Shanghai Doubletree Jingan

Old Oct 21, 19, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Shanghai Doubletree Jingan

Has anyone stayed at this hotel? It was recently rebranded and it seems like there was quite a bit of renovations done. I've done a few stays at the Doubleree Pudong and am thinking about staying at this Doubletree the next time I am in town.

Diamonds were almost always upgraded to a one bedroom suite at the Pudong Doubletree. Does anyone have experience with getting upgrades at this property?
Old Oct 21, 19, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There is general discussion of the hotel and the surrounding area in this thread:
DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Shanghai, China {CHN}
No stay reports though.
Old Oct 22, 19, 2:04 pm

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
I stayed there for 2 nights about two weeks ago while I did some sightseeing before business meetings later in the week. It was okay.

As a Diamond, I was upgraded to the Executive Floor, but not a suite. Even though it was a corner room, it was on the small side. They did have a fruit plate in the room as a welcome gift.

Breakfast was quite good, although not as elaborate as other hotels I've stayed at in Asia.

I only stopped by the Executive Lounge once, during mid-day. The selection of food available at that time was disappointing, but I don't know if is better at other times of day.

The staff I interacted with were functional. They did their job but did not go above and beyond. Some staff spoke very limited English.

Location-wise, I was happy with it. The area around the hotel did not seem to have much for tourists, but it is located within a block of the Metro making accessing other parts of the city fairly easy.
Old Oct 22, 19, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
I've stayed at all except the WA. I have to say my favorite is the Hilton Hongqaio. Simply one of the best IME for Shanghai Hilton family.
Old Oct 22, 19, 6:18 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
Originally Posted by GregL View Post
I stayed there for 2 nights about two weeks ago while I did some sightseeing before business meetings later in the week. It was okay.

As a Diamond, I was upgraded to the Executive Floor, but not a suite. Even though it was a corner room, it was on the small side. They did have a fruit plate in the room as a welcome gift.

Breakfast was quite good, although not as elaborate as other hotels I've stayed at in Asia.

I only stopped by the Executive Lounge once, during mid-day. The selection of food available at that time was disappointing, but I don't know if is better at other times of day.

The staff I interacted with were functional. They did their job but did not go above and beyond. Some staff spoke very limited English.

Location-wise, I was happy with it. The area around the hotel did not seem to have much for tourists, but it is located within a block of the Metro making accessing other parts of the city fairly easy.
Same as above, as Diamond I was upgraded to Executive floor. I was there about 2 month ago. The Executive Lounge was under renovations so I was not able to visit. I stayed there 2 nights not consecutive. Upgraded to Ex floor as well. It was a good room for the 2 nights I stayed there.
Also the breakfast was ok but not a lot of options as others. It was not very busy for breakfast either.
From there I was able to take the bus to the Bund where I spend my free HH night at the WA.
Old Nov 30, 19, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
I've stayed at all except the WA. I have to say my favorite is the Hilton Hongqaio. Simply one of the best IME for Shanghai Hilton family.
May I ask why? Planning a trip early next year; would you recommend DT Pudong?
Old Dec 1, 19, 12:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by verbyournoun View Post
May I ask why? Planning a trip early next year; would you recommend DT Pudong?
You didn't ask me, but the Hilton Hongqiao has great hardware, and the neighborhood is quite nice (e.g. lots of trees, not nearly as crowded as downtown, and it's fairly upscale). Its main drawback IMO is that the closest subway station (Shuicheng Rd on Line 10) is a mile+ walk, but you could always take the subway into town and car back or vv. I also noticed that there are few new Hilton properties (e.g. Hampton, HGI) in the Hongqiao CBD. I haven't visited (or mapped them) yet myself, but Hongqiao CBD is semi convenient, especially if you have a flight/train to catch the next day. That having been said, it's ~15 minutes further out than Shuicheng road, and the area isn't nearly as nice (which is one reason Hilton went with lower end brands out there).

Wrt DT Pudong, I'm hard pressed to say anything positive about that place. The poor location is its biggest drawback, but the hotel itself is also kind of meh.
Old Dec 2, 19, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by moondog View Post
You didn't ask me, but the Hilton Hongqiao has great hardware, and the neighborhood is quite nice (e.g. lots of trees, not nearly as crowded as downtown, and it's fairly upscale). Its main drawback IMO is that the closest subway station (Shuicheng Rd on Line 10) is a mile+ walk, but you could always take the subway into town and car back or vv. I also noticed that there are few new Hilton properties (e.g. Hampton, HGI) in the Hongqiao CBD. I haven't visited (or mapped them) yet myself, but Hongqiao CBD is semi convenient, especially if you have a flight/train to catch the next day. That having been said, it's ~15 minutes further out than Shuicheng road, and the area isn't nearly as nice (which is one reason Hilton went with lower end brands out there).

Wrt DT Pudong, I'm hard pressed to say anything positive about that place. The poor location is its biggest drawback, but the hotel itself is also kind of meh.
thanks for the input. Decided to go outside Hilton despite no status with Bonvoy and booked CY International Zone, since it had a free shuttle to both Disney and PVG. Won’t be staying at the hotel for too long those days and will enjoy bells and whistles earlier with WA Shanghai

Search this Thread