Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

How Does Homewood Bump A Diamond From A Booked 2-br?

Old Sep 16, 19, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

I had a two-bedroom unit booked at a Homewood Suites in the Phoenix area last week. Got there to check-in and went to the room they gave us. Hmmm. It was a one-bedroom instead of the two-bedroom I booked. Back to the front desk. Clerk clicked around on her computer (same one who checked us in) -- oh, we don't have any two-bedrooms left. We're going to give you two rooms instead. Maybe you should have told us that when we were here before.... blank look.... So she gives me the key to the second unit. But at least they did knock $60 off the room rate for my inconvenience.. which I did appreciate.

In the morning when checking out, the name tag of the front desk clerk checking us out said Assistant Mgr. She asked how our stay was and I told it was fine except for the big problem in checking in and not getting what I had booked. After hearing what had happened, she said she'd give me some points for my inconvenience...I thanked her & we took off. When I got home a few days later I looked at my account online, I burst out laughing. She had given me a whole 250 points. I really had expected a few more than that. Thanks Homewood.
:D!, B3nder and sebseb like this.
Old Sep 16, 19, 6:48 pm

Programs: MR Platinum, HH Diamond, Aeroplan Diamond
[QUOTE=BobOscar;31531490She had given me a whole 250 points.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure that wasn't just the "My Way" benefit for Diamonds at Homewoods? (choice of 250 points or two bottles of water and sweet snack)
arlflyer, B3nder and Voodoo Daddy like this.
Old Sep 16, 19, 7:13 pm

Bummer, but you got two rooms and a rate reduction. Stuff happens...you wound up ahead...time to move on.
arlflyer, Cymro and Sisosig like this.
Old Sep 17, 19, 2:07 am

Programs: BA GGL (no longer CCR), Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by smmrfld View Post
Bummer, but you got two rooms and a rate reduction. Stuff happens...you wound up ahead...time to move on.
Wouldn't say the OP came out ahead and there is definitely something to be said for 2 bedrooms and one shared living area over two bedrooms in a different corridor - but at the same time, they did take care of the problem, albeit in a very stumbling way with poor communication.

The $60 rate adjustment and the additional room were good recoveries so I wouldn't be pushing for more - but the communicaiton could absolutely have been handled better.

As for how it happens? The likelihood is that a typical Homewood may only have a couple of 2-bed suites. If there are four, two were checked in both before and after the stay, one guest extended a stay unexpectedly and another was already assigned to a diamond... diamonds get bumped in this scenario even if the hotel does everything by the book. 2-bedroom suites are rare and expensive choices.
Old Sep 17, 19, 4:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DavefromSt.Vital View Post
Are you sure that wasn't just the "My Way" benefit for Diamonds at Homewoods? (choice of 250 points or two bottles of water and sweet snack)
Probably a good chance that was it and they didn't actually throw some points at me...
Cymro likes this.
Old Sep 17, 19, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DavefromSt.Vital View Post
I just checked again and the 250 points was for the "My Way" benefit... So they actually gave me an extra ZERO points. Thanks.
sebseb likes this.
Old Sep 19, 19, 7:27 am

Programs: Velocity Gold, AIRNZ Elite, Qantas Silver ,Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BobOscar View Post
I just checked again and the 250 points was for the "My Way" benefit... So they actually gave me an extra ZERO points. Thanks.
Did you check the room ?
They may have left a snack or water there in addition to the 250 :-)
Old Sep 19, 19, 7:50 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by BobOscar View Post
I've had it take about a week to see points show up for a service recovery.
tynmar and Craig6z like this.
Old Sep 19, 19, 12:31 pm

Programs: DL FO 1.4MM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM.
Originally Posted by COSPILOT View Post
I've had it take about a week to see points show up for a service recovery.
My service recovery points often show up before checkout. As always, YMMV.

Search this Thread