Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Will Canada ever get a Hilton credit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2019, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Copa Presidential Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold

I know this has been talked about in the past, but a Hilton Branded Credit Card for Canada never materialized.

This year I have spent 259 nights in hotels out of 259 nights since January 1st, that is 100% of the year in hotels. Last year I did slightly worst at 346 nights in one year. I pay 85% of my stays out of pocket.

Yet, out of all these nights so far this year I’m only at 57 stays and 71 nights in Hilton properties due to the low point accrual (even as a Diamond) that I get as I can’t use a Hilton Credit Card (I am not from the USA and have no bank account in the USA).

I know we have an amazing Hilton rep here so:

Dear Hilton, will you ever offer a Canadian credit card to your loyal members? The competition (Bonvoy) offers a credit card for us, isn’t it time you do the same? The fact that you don’t have a branded credit drives away many potential customers!

Thank you!
Old Sep 16, 2019, 8:24 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Maybe(tm)
Old Sep 16, 2019, 10:05 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, MR Gold, Aeroplan 25K
As I have noted previously, Air Canada has bought back Aeroplan. Instead of going forward with it, they will be launching a new loyalty program. No one knows what our existing points will be worth in the new system, so there is a lot of uncertainty among those of us with Aeroplan branded credit cards. Given that is a high number of people, now would be a good time to make a tempting offer to pull business away...
Old Sep 17, 2019, 3:17 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
Let's add the rest of the world to this thread instead of just Canada

Over here in Europe (Netherlands in my case) we are also loyal (Diamond in my case) Hilton customers and have none of the credit card benefits which US (equally loyal) customers have. So frustrating.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 3:47 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
Add SE Asia also to the list.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: United 1K, Copa Presidential Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by sbams
Let's add the rest of the world to this thread instead of just Canada

Over here in Europe (Netherlands in my case) we are also loyal (Diamond in my case) Hilton customers and have none of the credit card benefits which US (equally loyal) customers have. So frustrating.
It is very frustrating indeed! Especially with the current promotion where credit card members get 3 times the points, and the rest of us get only double.

Makes me feel like Hilton does not value my business as much as they value US and few other countries that get a credit card.

A few weeks ago I was on the phone with a Hilton rep about a reservation and he offered a special promotion for me to get a credit card. When I informed him I am located in Canada he said “that’s fine, you can still get it!”. Only later he found out that Canadians can’t get this card and his words were “that’s disappointing!” and I could only reply “tell me about it!”.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.