FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Hilton Honors Statements? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1987380-hilton-honors-statements.html)

fwfdan Sep 15, 2019 9:17 am

Hilton Honors Statements?

I have only been an active Honors member about a year and confused about account updates. I see that there are points credited to my account for a recent stay and my credit card, but I don't think my "total points" balance has changed. I cannot seem to find that Hilton sends out periodic statements so I can check if I am wrong (good chance :p ) or if the updates show up weird online.

Best I have is an email from the day before my credit card that shows my balance as the same number of points as it shows today. The credit card points are there on the list of points online but the balance reflects what was on the email.

I have opted in for statements but I don't think I ever have received one in my email.

thanks for any insight!

aww3583 Sep 15, 2019 1:16 pm

In my experience, the emailed statements are usually 7-14 days behind "actual" activity and are essentially useless.

On top of that, while stay/credit card activity (usually) posts in a timely fashion, the overall points grand total update lags by 3-5 business days. As an example, I recently completed my 60th night of the year which earns a 40k point Milestone bonus. The stay/spend activity have posted, I received the congratulatory email, and the HHonors app displayed a "congrats, you've earned 40k bonus points!" notification. My points grand total still hasn't updated. HHonors Customer Care boilerplate response is "please allow 6-8 weeks for this bonus to post."

I keep a spreadsheet of all of my Hilton activity. It's unfortunate that I have to do this, but it's necessary. My grand total hasn't been correct for 6 months. Hilton has been "investigating" for 5 of those months. They've thrown some "service recovery" points my way to make up a portion of the difference, but the total is still off. At this point, I don't care. It is what it is.

If you're 100% sure of a discrepancy, I've found that the Twitter team is the most responsive.

fwfdan Sep 17, 2019 5:56 pm

So I finally got around to checking (I was giving it a few days) - all I hear is "they posted"

I have tried to explain that YES they show as a transaction but my total number of points is the same as it was a week before all that activity!

Any suggestions on how to get this addressed? aww3583 suggested twitter but I don't use twitter.

birdiedouble Sep 18, 2019 5:30 am

I believe that when you look at older Hilton emails the points that show there is the current balance. I don't know why they do this as it just creates situations like you have now. I just had some points post today and I looked at emails from 9/4 and 9/12 and both show my current and accurate balance. I have tracked my points using an Excel spreadsheet since 4/2016 and it is time well spent just so I don't think I'm missing any points. I've yet to have something not post (+ or -) incorrectly. YMMV.

fwfdan Sep 18, 2019 10:05 am

Originally Posted by birdiedouble (Post 31537364)
I believe that when you look at older Hilton emails the points that show there is the current balance. I don't know why they do this as it just creates situations like you have now. I just had some points post today and I looked at emails from 9/4 and 9/12 and both show my current and accurate balance. I have tracked my points using an Excel spreadsheet since 4/2016 and it is time well spent just so I don't think I'm missing any points. I've yet to have something not post (+ or -) incorrectly. YMMV.

Thank you for that piece of information. That is REALLY a strange way of sending an email that accesses your current account rather than just being a snapshot of when the email was sent.

I am pretty sure there is something wrong, but not positive as I cannot find any statements.

I did hear back from Hilton early this morning (4th try!) acknowledging there is a problem with their system processing updates sometimes and they are working on it.

birdiedouble Sep 18, 2019 7:00 pm

On the website I can see a 12 month history, so if you've had activity for less than that you might be able to solve this on your own fairly quickly. You can copy/paste from the website into Excel. When I look on the app, there is only about 10 months of history there.