Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

What would you do with 300K points?

Old Sep 9, 2019, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Titanium

We've gathered up a bit of points with a couple credit cards. Not sure what we'll do with them. We own Marriott timeshares and understand that system fairly well. We would consider Europe, US, Canada and Hawaii. Would consider going to a Hilton timeshare as well as hotel.

I'd appreciate any direction.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 9:11 pm

Earn more points. Then go somewhere nice
downinit likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 3:45 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Book a five night stay at a 70k/night property with the fifth night free.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 6:59 am

Probably a couple weeks in Eastern Europe, leveraging low redemption rates and 5th nights free. Likely not what the OP is looking for, though.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by gardengirl
We've gathered up a bit of points with a couple credit cards. Not sure what we'll do with them. We own Marriott timeshares and understand that system fairly well. We would consider Europe, US, Canada and Hawaii. Would consider going to a Hilton timeshare as well as hotel.

I'd appreciate any direction.
75 nights in Bali.
Lefly likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
The sad part is that 300k points sounds like a lot, but doesn't get you much at Hilton Honors...
downinit and username like this.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
There are Hilton family hotels just about everywhere, it is up to you to decide where you want to go. Unless you want high-end luxury hotels, you can have a nice vacation with your points. As BrlDsguise and arlflyer note, the fifth night free benefit offers the best redemptions.

Depending on the luxury level and city you desire, you'll be able to book a five, ten or fifteen night stay. For example, there are several choices in Reykjavik for about 300000 points for five nights, and you'll find accommodation for five nights in most or all European cities.

If you want to go to London and/or Paris, you can stay up to 15 nights. For example, the Doubletree Ealing is 120000 points for five nights. It is not in London, but it is reasonably priced and a 45 minute or so subway (Tube) ride to center city.

Or Eastern Europe, you'll be able to stay five nights in three or four cities, staying at 20k or 25k per night hotels.

If you have Hilton Gold status with your credit card, you'll get free breakfast for two. If you don't have gold status, consider getting the Surpass credit card before your trip, just for the breakfast benefit.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 12:20 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
This would not be to everyone's taste, but it sure would be for mine

I'd spend two weeks at the Farmington New Mexico Hampton Inn exploring the fascinating Four Corners and adjacent areas.
RoyalFlush likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2019, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by jbeckett
If you want to go to London and/or Paris, you can stay up to 15 nights. For example, the Doubletree Ealing is 120000 points for five nights. It is not in London, but it is reasonably priced and a 45 minute or so subway (Tube) ride to center city.
10-15 minute ride on the GWR into Paddington.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:40 am

You'll get much better advice if you provide some details. For example: Who is we? Two married people or a family of six? Additionally, what sorts of things would you like to do on this trip? Is "nice" weather important? If so, what time of year will you be traveling.

You'll notice that some people think 300,000 points is not much because they generally only stay at high-end, aspirational properties. Other people would be happy staying at limited service hotel for many nights and still have points to spare. Both points-of-view are valid.

Until you provide additional information, it's difficult to give recommendations.
Cymro likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 4:42 am
AGS

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond, AAdvantage Platinum
Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
Book a five night stay at a 70k/night property with the fifth night free.
The Puerto Vallarta Hilton is an all inclusive with 70K/night for up to four adults. So a five night all inclusive for four, not a bad redemption at a nice property.

AGS
Old Sep 11, 2019, 9:21 am

I'm following along here as well out of curiosity. I'll have maybe 320k HH and 2 FNC that I'm looking to use to book something in the next couple of months. 1 adult, for reference.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 9:35 am

Programs: HH Diamond
I booked 4 nights and got the fifth night free at the Tokyo Hilton last October for 240,000 points.

This year it would be 280,000 points.

That is a redemption value of about $.007 which is pretty good. 5 nights would run you close to $1800 if you paid discounted rate.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.