Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Do Hilton properties allow you to mail packages to them?

Do Hilton properties allow you to mail packages to them?

Old Sep 7, 19, 7:26 am
  #16  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: PHX, SEA
Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
Posts: 4,293
Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander View Post
Duty Manager at the Hilton Hanoi replied to my email confirming they would be happy to receive my shipment, and provided me with specific labeling instructions. They will email me when it arrives.
Senator McCain didn't have nice things to say even though he obtained Diamond status there in the 1960s... Glad new management is working with you though!

(midly sorry for the joke)
FlyingHighlander likes this.
Gig103 is offline  
Old Sep 7, 19, 7:26 am
  #17  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: USA
Programs: UA Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Hertz PC; Global Entry; TSA Pre✓
Posts: 1,081
Originally Posted by arlflyer View Post


Not really. I just dont know why people clog up the FT boards looking for speculation and anecdotes rather than figuring out the relevant details for themselves. Multiply that by 1000 and the forum would become unusable. Either way sounds like OP did the logical thing and now it is settled.
Still can't tell if you're trolling 😂
Please provide guidance as to what kinds of questions and discussions are acceptable on FT (because if this thread isn't exactly the purpose of FT, I don't know what is)
FlyingHighlander is offline  
Old Sep 7, 19, 7:37 am
  #18  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: DCA
Posts: 7,305
Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander View Post
if this thread isn't exactly the purpose of FT, I don't know what is
Asking people to speculate on whether or not management at an unnamed property in either of two countries, with disparate regulations and cultures, will accept a package instead of just calling the property is the point of Flyertalk? Ok then, if you say so...

I don't troll, I simply speak up when I think that people are starting non-contributory threads, because if everyone did that, then this forum would be completely unreadable and clogged with spam like so many others on the net.
arlflyer is offline  
Old Sep 7, 19, 7:47 am
  #19  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 98,977
Originally Posted by Gig103 View Post
Senator McCain didn't have nice things to say even though he obtained Diamond status there in the 1960s... Glad new management is working with you though!

(midly sorry for the joke)
That was the Hanoi Hilton, not the Hilton Hanoi. Hopefully they're different.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Old Sep 7, 19, 7:58 am
  #20  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: PHX, SEA
Programs: DL Silver, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle, Global Entry (Former AA Plt/Gold)
Posts: 4,293
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
That was the Hanoi Hilton, not the Hilton Hanoi. Hopefully they're different.
Yeah I know
Gig103 is offline  
Old Sep 7, 19, 7:58 am
  #21  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Programs: DL
Posts: 31
Originally Posted by FlyingHighlander View Post
Duty Manager at the Hilton Hanoi replied to my email confirming they would be happy to receive my shipment, and provided me with specific labeling instructions. They will email me when it arrives.
Having shipped stuff to hotels before, I'd ask for a signature required shipment. I've had FedEx insist they delivered and the desk claiming no packages came. When I showed them the signature from FedEx they went and found the package in their mail room.
ChinaShrek and MSPeconomist like this.
jlc1978 is offline  
Old Sep 7, 19, 8:40 am
  #22  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: USA
Programs: UA Platinum; Hilton Diamond; Hertz PC; Global Entry; TSA Pre✓
Posts: 1,081
Originally Posted by arlflyer View Post
Asking people to speculate on whether or not management at an unnamed property in either of two countries, with disparate regulations and cultures, will accept a package instead of just calling the property is the point of Flyertalk? Ok then, if you say so...

I don't troll, I simply speak up when I think that people are starting non-contributory threads, because if everyone did that, then this forum would be completely unreadable and clogged with spam like so many others on the net.
The irony is, here you are pointlessly cluttering this thread with your non-contributory complaints. Ever consider unsubscribing from it and just moving on? The rest of us here can continue contributing some value. I have gained information from this thread that I would not have obtained from calling a specific property.
Zurich and aryan like this.
FlyingHighlander is offline  
Old Sep 9, 19, 9:29 am
  #23  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Programs: SW Comp Pass, Lft Gold AA, Lft DIA HHONORS, National Exec Elite
Posts: 223
Originally Posted by jlc1978 View Post
Having shipped stuff to hotels before, I'd ask for a signature required shipment. I've had FedEx insist they delivered and the desk claiming no packages came. When I showed them the signature from FedEx they went and found the package in their mail room.
I"ll priority second this. We routinely ship equipment cases or demo materials ahead to site hotels. I would say maybe as much as 25% of the time they are "lost". Usually it's because the front desk signed, sticks the package somewhere or doesn't put it where hotel policy says they are supposed to put it. Sometimes after a search they locate it, but we are almost always have to throw out that Person X signed for it, so lets find them and ask what they did with it.

Some hotels in the US, usually those that are in "downtown" areas or considered "convention" hotels routinely charge for package receipt inbound and outbound (even when it's outbound Fedex and it's a Fedex branded "ship it" inside the hotel, which I find most annoying).

@FlyingHighlander: I am confused though when you say it's against company policy to fly with a company laptop/phone, but they will let you ship it instead?

One other note, because you are going international. Some countries you have to have a Carnet, or you will get charged import taxes. For example, if you fly a laptop with you to Canada not an issue. But if you ship it or bring extra equipment in a pelican case you have to do customs declaration. If you don't have a Carnet, they will charge you import taxes. Shipping also means it has to go through a customs warehouse for clearance, which can add delay time to it's arrival. Fedex will specifically disavow delivery guarantees due to the unknown customs windows. We try to carry as checked baggage when our demo teams go international because of this.
MacGuruTX is offline  
Old Sep 9, 19, 9:40 am
  #24  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Programs: SW Comp Pass, Lft Gold AA, Lft DIA HHONORS, National Exec Elite
Posts: 223
Sorry, one more note. I've specifically flown to Singapore from US with carry-on and baggage equipment with zero issues. One time Customs wasn't even checking passports on arrival.
MacGuruTX is offline  
Old Sep 9, 19, 9:50 am
  #25  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 41
Originally Posted by PeS View Post
Never been in this region, but I'm normally getting parcels delivered to various Hiltons for me. Just one property asked for a fee so far (hefty $20 - Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter).
In this case I always ask fot the T&C where the fee is described and that I wasn't made aware of the charge at the time of booking nor at check-in.
If they argue that this is a service charge for "receiving" and "deliver to room", I underline that they can call my room at time of delivery and I will pick up the package by myself. They decided to accept the delivery - I did not.

Therefore: Never paid for a package in the US because bringing it back to the post office and having a big argument is too much work for front desk.
sebseb is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread