Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Leaving a Hampton 5-night stay early (points)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Leaving a Hampton 5-night stay early (points)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2019, 3:24 pm

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Delta , Southwest, Amex Corp Plat, AA
I don't think I have checked out of a Hilton property in years by going to the front desk on my way out. Why would anyone actually do this unless you need a print copy of the portfolio asap? At every hotel we get an emailed receipt either before we even leave or sometime in the afternoon. Sometimes I use the app to check out other times I just leave.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 3:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, BA Silver
Originally Posted by shmom
Why would anyone actually do this unless you need a print copy of the portfolio asap?
I guess people may want to pay with a debit card but the pre-authorization was with a credit card, or maybe they want to be sure that any extras have been charged correctly.

Another thing that happened to me once is I was arriving after midnight on a prepaid rate, and I had already been marked as a no-show. The check-in staff didn't check me in properly so while I got a room, I didn't get any points. Checking out would have given them a chance to get this right.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.