FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento Airport Natomas {US-CA} (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1984981-hilton-garden-inn-sacramento-airport-natomas-us-ca.html)

JDiver Aug 28, 2019 6:42 pm

Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento Airport Natomas {US-CA}

4 Attachment(s)
Hilton Garden Inn Sacramento Airport Natomas
20 Advantage Ct., Sacramento, CA, 95834, US20 Advantage Ct., Sacramento, California, 95834, USA.
+1-916-579-7000
Free parking
Smoke-free
Airport courtesy shuttle 24 hours a day

NOTE: Do not confuse with https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...mas-us-ca.html

This is a very modern style new Hilton Garden Inn, closer to the SMF airport and nearly adjacent to a Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn Express. The building is adjacent to the high traffic Interstate 5 highway, and the lowest numbered rooms are closest to that motorway. The farthest are farther from I-5. The property has four floors, and is a typical “new HGI” with a more Hampton Inn approach to amenities and service.

The room is sparer than older HGIs, offering a niche for clothes storage rather than a closet, a long desk-counter surface with minimal storage, etc. An outdoor pool, fitness room and self-laundering facilities are offered. The lobby and dining room are bright, but the noise level is quite high due to the multiple hard surfaces, and breakfast is pretty basic compared to the Hilton Garden Inn South Natomas, ~3-4 miles away but with IMO offers better services and rooms overall. E.g. the business center is reduced to a niche with one tablet and printer.

The personnel are welcoming and helpful.

Park and fly is available at 7 days for $40 if associated with a stay, and if not of for more days the cost goes up.

DCAview Apr 14, 2021 1:20 pm

I did a one-night stay at this hotel last week before a flight from SMF. Based on that experience, I wouldn't stay here again.

As JDiver notes, it's a well-located, clean, new hotel with a friendly staff. However, we found that the soundproofing in our room was abysmal: From our room, we could hear guests in both adjacent rooms, even when they were speaking at what sounded like normal volumes. Because it was a one-night stay and we arrived a little after 9 p.m., we didn't say anything during the stay, but if we were looking at multiple nights here, I would have at least tried another room if not another hotel altogether. I mentioned the noise issue at check-out, and the front desk clerk seemed genuinely surprised to hear that the walls were so thin -- he said that he had only heard that complaint from guests once or twice before. He didn't make any kind of service recovery offer in response, though I didn't ask for one.

There was one other feature of this hotel that I really didn't like which I suspect I'll see at other HGIs in this style: The bathroom has a sliding farmhouse-style door rather than a traditional swinging door that closes. The way the sliding door is positioned means that there's a small gap between the door and the wall that leaves the guest using the bathroom visible from certain angles of the bedroom and doesn't do much to keep bathroom sounds in the bathroom. It's likely a space-saving design, but it comes at a significant privacy cost.

Those (significant) drawbacks aside, this could be a good quality HGI: Our room was immaculate, the hotel is less than 10 minutes from SMF's terminals and rental-car center, and the staff was very friendly.

epi231 Apr 19, 2021 10:59 pm

My husband and I stayed at this hotel last weekend and enjoyed our stay. The hotel is modern and clean, the staff was very friendly, and the cook-to-order breakfast (omelette) was tasty. The COVID protocols (masks, hand sanitizer, etc.) also seemed to be in place. I did not encounter the noise/soundproofing issues, but perhaps we did not have any neighbors. As for the farmhouse-style door for the bathroom, I've encountered it at several HGI's around the country (and perhaps even at Hampton Inns), so not an issue for me (or my husband).

My only issue is that I could not quite get the temperature in the room to stay at a constant, comfortable level -- it was either too cold (when the AC was on (it was 90 degrees in Sacramento!)) or too hot (when the AC was off). Unfortunately, that seems to be the issue with many hotels, so it is not really specific to this particular one.