Hampton by Hilton Aberdeen Airport {GBR}

Old Aug 28, 19, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, TK*G Elite+, HHonors Diamond, Club Carslon Silver, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold,
Arrow Hampton by Hilton Aberdeen Airport {GBR}

My wife and myself had lovely one night stay in Hampton by Hilton Aberdeen Airport. Queen family room we booked at a bargain price was spacious and had extra sofa bed in it. We are arrived in the evening and were about to rent a car next morning.

It is a new hotel. Staff is nice, beds are comfortable and breakfast was better than expected - self service full English breakfast. Hotel offers shuttle bus to the airport which we didn't use. 7-10 minutes walk in the unusually clear and warm weather was no brainer. Parking is free for the hotel guests. Diamond benefit was 1 snack (Mars, Snickers, Twix, ...) and 1 soda.

Great stay, nothing to complain about.
Old Aug 28, 19, 8:43 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Spire, Hilton *G, A3 Diamond, IHG Silver
I stayed here about 2 or 3 years ago. I am sure the hotel was to the same standard as most UK and Europe Hamptons, but I only remember two things:

1) when I arrived at 10pm the parking lot was completely full, so I had to park on the road outside, as did a few others. This is not a problem as there is nothing there anyway.

2) at breakfast, with the assistance of staff, many guests were loading up large boxes with food which they boasted would sort them for "lunch" and "dinner".

As it is in Scotland, they offered a Scottish breakfast, not an English breakfast

Prices at all Aberdeen hotels can be very cheap compared to elsewhere in the UK on the right days.
Old Aug 28, 19, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by :D! View Post
when I arrived at 10pm the parking lot was completely full, so I had to park on the road outside, as did a few others. This is not a problem as there is nothing there anyway.
That has been resolved now - it was oil workers parking there before their helicopter flights offshore and coming back 2 weeks later, to avoid airport long stay car parking charges.

Hilton Aberdeen TECA opens tomorrow - it is close to this hotel - and I will be checking in to have a look.
delinquentwoody likes this.

Search this Thread