Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Promo:Power up with double points or triple points with Honors Amex card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promo:Power up with double points or triple points with Honors Amex card

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2019, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by :D!
Was the Hilton card attached to your reservation at any point?
No -- booked through Concur since it was work trip. Concur only has my corporate AMEX on file
Old Sep 12, 2019, 8:25 am

Stay ended yesterday.

2 night stay at Doubletree. Charges totaled $301.70. Booked with Aspire card, diamond member.
3017 base points X 4 (Base, diamond bonus, Power up, Power up- Hilton Card)
1000 points Diamond MYWAY bonus
13068 points,

Pending 301.7 X 14 points with Aspire card.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 3:53 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
13,144 points for 2 nights in a UK Hampton!
2,661 base points + 2,661 Diamond bonus + 2,661 Power up + 2,661 credit card powerup (Hilton Barclaycard) + 2,500 Barclaycard 1st stay bonus (had the card for a few years and had a lot of stays, so this is not expected - thanks anyway, Hilton!)
Old Sep 13, 2019, 4:07 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by notakeenflyer
13,144 points for 2 nights in a UK Hampton!
2,661 base points + 2,661 Diamond bonus + 2,661 Power up + 2,661 credit card powerup (Hilton Barclaycard) + 2,500 Barclaycard 1st stay bonus (had the card for a few years and had a lot of stays, so this is not expected - thanks anyway, Hilton!)
Hope it was one of the better Hamptons at Ł130 per night!
Old Sep 13, 2019, 5:18 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by :D!
Hope it was one of the better Hamptons at Ł130 per night!
Not especially, but London prices this week were ridiculous, so I had to venture a bit further out to Luton. I think an estate agent would describe it as 'well connected to transport links', with 'planes taking off on one side of the hotel, and the railway the other side.
Richmond_Surrey likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 10:52 am

Just had my first stay with this promo post flawlessly, 23 hours after checkout. Once the CC points hit, it'll be 55 points/dollar.

For those keeping track at home, that would be $1730 spend for a night at a 95k property, which if running $500/night would be a 30% return. But people can keep saying that there's no value in the Honors program...
ChinaShrek and Michael19887 like this.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 6:02 pm

Programs: Hilton
Originally Posted by notakeenflyer
Not especially, but London prices this week were ridiculous, so I had to venture a bit further out to Luton. I think an estate agent would describe it as 'well connected to transport links', with 'planes taking off on one side of the hotel, and the railway the other side.
Exactly, this is a great deal, as long as the top tier properties stay consistently around the same price in points.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 6:20 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Just finished a stay at The Trafalgar in London, paid with the Aspire card (I am the additional holder, not a primary one), and did not get the triple points. Does anyone else have an experience as an additional account holder? Wonder if I should even bother with contacting customer service or whether one just needs to be a primary card holder to get the triple points.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Andriyko
Just finished a stay at The Trafalgar in London, paid with the Aspire card (I am the additional holder, not a primary one), and did not get the triple points. Does anyone else have an experience as an additional account holder? Wonder if I should even bother with contacting customer service or whether one just needs to be a primary card holder to get the triple points.
Because I think it works the way I previously wrote here. The credit card is registered on the Members account and I strongly suspect that the same kind of card may trigger the bonus even if its not a HH credit card.

This explained why, when I have actually never used my Barclaycard Hilton card in a hotel I previously was able to get the 2500 bonus on each stay because the payment was registered with a VISA card. This chimed back with the VISA App Bonus promo from 2016.

I would like someone to post if this theory still holds. Perhaps you can ask the main account holder to pay for a stay with a different Amex, on his/her HH account and see if the 3x bonus triggers.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Duke787
Had a Hilton stay Sept 8-10 that has posted. Used my corporate AMEX (as required because it was a work stay) but received the 3x bonus (I hold a Hilton AMEX but obviously didn't use).
This.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 11:42 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by hugolover
Because I think it works the way I previously wrote here. The credit card is registered on the Members account and I strongly suspect that the same kind of card may trigger the bonus even if its not a HH credit card.

This explained why, when I have actually never used my Barclaycard Hilton card in a hotel I previously was able to get the 2500 bonus on each stay because the payment was registered with a VISA card. This chimed back with the VISA App Bonus promo from 2016.

I would like someone to post if this theory still holds. Perhaps you can ask the main account holder to pay for a stay with a different Amex, on his/her HH account and see if the 3x bonus triggers.
I am not sure I understand what you mean. The AmEx is registered on my Honors account.

Anyway, customer service added the AmEx bonus immediately when I contacted them.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Its in your profile but its not your card. When you have a HH credit card that is registered in the Members account. As far as Hilton are concerned, they have no idea that you're an additional cardholder on an Aspire card.

That explains my experience, why you didn't get the points and the post I highlighted in the thread where a member received the 3x bonus using a Corp Amex, not the HH Amex because the HH Amex is part of his HH account.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 2:45 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Anyone have any problems getting the points? I had a stay this past weekend that posted. I got the double points bonus but not 3x. Room was paid with my Aspire. I assume everything should have posted at once.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 2:52 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
Anyone have any problems getting the points? I had a stay this past weekend that posted. I got the double points bonus but not 3x. Room was paid with my Aspire. I assume everything should have posted at once.
Nope. Mine posted fine. Two recent stays. I was shocked it posted correctly.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 4:26 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
2019 Power Up Promotion

DIAMOND MYWAY BONUS

DIAMOND ELITE 100% BONUS

2019 Power Up Promotion - Hilton Honors Credit Card

Base Points

All my stays have posted fine and yes all points post at the same time. (looks like some added zeroes appeared in the c&p - the points were all accurate).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.