Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Zemi Beach House {AIA}

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2021, 11:59 am

Programs: AA Gold, MR Plat
Does anyone have an email address for the hotel that is actually monitored? I've sent messages through their webpage and tried emailing [email protected], but have gotten no response. Maybe i need to try facebook messenger. We have a stay coming up in November and I want to confirm covid testing details, ferry transfers, etc. Thanks.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by inagaddadavida
Does anyone have an email address for the hotel that is actually monitored? I've sent messages through their webpage and tried emailing [email protected], but have gotten no response. Maybe i need to try facebook messenger. We have a stay coming up in November and I want to confirm covid testing details, ferry transfers, etc. Thanks.
I have been able to email this address and get a response: guest.services@zemibeach.com
Old Dec 6, 2021, 4:53 pm

Programs: American Airlines
Has anyone stayed recently and gotten a F&B credit instead of breakfast? It’s shows the Diamond benefit as free breakfast on my app but when I was looking at room descriptions, it says breakfast is complimentary for everyone.

Old Dec 6, 2021, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA Gold, MR Plat
Originally Posted by Tbooth3
Has anyone stayed recently and gotten a F&B credit instead of breakfast? It’s shows the Diamond benefit as free breakfast on my app but when I was looking at room descriptions, it says breakfast is complimentary for everyone.

I stayed a month ago & got no f&b credit (I didn't ask either). Everyone gets free breakfast as you say. The only real diamond benefit was an upgrade to ocean view room. We also got a bottle of bubbly & macarons upon arrival. Not sure if that was diamond recognition, or for my wife's birthday. Somewhat disappointing on the elite status recognition, but otherwise a really great property. Would love to return.
Old Dec 6, 2021, 5:55 pm

I stayed a month ago & got no f&b credit (I didn't ask either). Everyone gets free breakfast as you say. The only real diamond benefit was an upgrade to ocean view room. We also got a bottle of bubbly & macarons upon arrival. Not sure if that was diamond recognition, or for my wife's birthday. Somewhat disappointing on the elite status recognition, but otherwise a really great property. Would love to return.
Thanks for the info. I'll be arriving there later this month.

Last edited by pzpa; Dec 6, 2021 at 6:01 pm
Old Dec 7, 2021, 2:56 pm

Got it, just figured I’d check. No big deal but not very transparent to them call it a Diamond benefit. I will try to remember to ask them specifically and see what they say. Thanks!
Old Dec 8, 2021, 3:15 am

I am at Zemi Beach now. I am Diamond on an Impresario rate, and was upgraded to an ocean view room on the third floor. Also received a bottle of bubbly & macarons upon arrival. All the staff we have interacted with has been helpful and friendly.

The beach is nice, and easy entry into the water, it's not rocky. Depending on where you enter the beach, be aware there are large rocks under the water about 20 feet out. You can see dark areas in the water where large amounts of rocks are located.

I will post more details, but currently can't leave the resort until I receive my negative Covid test results, which should be this morning. We transferred from Sint Maarten, so I can answer any questions on that process.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 7:42 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by dgross
I am at Zemi Beach now. I am Diamond on an Impresario rate, and was upgraded to an ocean view room on the third floor. Also received a bottle of bubbly & macarons upon arrival. All the staff we have interacted with has been helpful and friendly.

The beach is nice, and easy entry into the water, it's not rocky. Depending on where you enter the beach, be aware there are large rocks under the water about 20 feet out. You can see dark areas in the water where large amounts of rocks are located.

I will post more details, but currently can't leave the resort until I receive my negative Covid test results, which should be this morning. We transferred from Sint Maarten, so I can answer any questions on that process.
Do you need to get tested after your arrive, or did you not have a chance to get tested before you left?
Old Dec 8, 2021, 7:43 pm
soy

Programs: various
Got it, just figured I’d check. No big deal but not very transparent to them call it a Diamond benefit. I will try to remember to ask them specifically and see what they say. Thanks!
The F&B thing is US only.
Rest of world did not adopt it so they are not required to give you anything other than free breakfast
Tbooth3 likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2021, 10:20 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Has anyone been to this hotel and the Maldives properties, and how would you say this compares to those? Also, any experience with the Kids Club here? Thank you.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 4:08 am

Anguilla requires you to be vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination BEFORE you depart to Anguilla. They have a website - https://ivisit.gov.ai/ - that you need to complete, upload documents including a negative RT-PCR test that had to be taken 3-5 days before arrival. They will issue you an "Entry Certificate" that you need to show to the carrier brining you to Anguilla (either plane or ferry boat).

We came by ferry from Sint Maarten and were immediately tested (RT-PCR) again by Anguilla, and they snapped a yellow wristband on our arms. We could depart to the hotel and could not leave the hotel grounds until we received our negative test result the following day. We were tested at 2:00 pm, and our results arrived by 10:00 am the next day (by email). At that point, we could remove the yellow wristband and travel freely around the island.
Football Fan and opus2002 like this.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 1:18 pm

We arrived Saturday on American’s first direct flight. Last Tuesday we did a PCR test at CVS, had the result by Thursday, and uploaded the results along with the rest of our application that day. They approved our entry application Friday morning and after landing the airport test was done within 15 minutes (received negative results this morning and can now leave hotel). A rep met us outside customs and we were at the hotel ten minutes later.

This is our first time on the island and the property is incredible. Also our first experience with LXR and it feels just like the quality you’d expect at a Conrad or WA. They were regretful they could not upgrade us but our garden view room has an ocean view anyways and is very spacious. They also said they were full this weekend but it does not feel like it, plenty of rooms at the pool and beach. Service is some of the best we have encountered, genuinely friendly and caring.

We spent our honeymoon at Conrad Rangali island but I don’t think you can compare the Maldives to here. The almost complete seclusion and privacy in Maldives makes it a whole different experience but is also on the other side of the world for us. For a four day trip on a 2.5 hour flight from Miami, this is already our favorite trip to the Caribbean or Mexico (WA Pedgral probably right behind this).
Football Fan likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 10:08 pm

COVID test for US re-entry

Headed to Anguilla in March for Spring Break - looking into details for COVID testing while there. We'll be transiting from Zemi through SXM airport on way back to US. I believe Sint Maarten requires an application, but no negative test nor insurance for fully vaccinated travelers who are simply transiting day-of. Anyone understand differently - if so, please share details.

For return to US, we'll need negative test taken day before our flights. Looks like there are only a few locations that provide these - Ministry of Health, Hughes Medical Center, and Horizon (a mobile unit). I'm leaning toward Hughes because they have longer hours, can schedule appt, and seem cheaper than the other two options (guessing insurance will reimburse but just in case...). Anyone have experience with any of these, or know of other locations? I don't believe Zemi does any testing on site.

Thanks.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by FoCo Finch
Headed to Anguilla in March for Spring Break - looking into details for COVID testing while there. We'll be transiting from Zemi through SXM airport on way back to US. I believe Sint Maarten requires an application, but no negative test nor insurance for fully vaccinated travelers who are simply transiting day-of. Anyone understand differently - if so, please share details.
You are correct. Sint Maarten requires an application for transiting in both directions. No testing requirements or insurance if fully vaccinated

Originally Posted by FoCo Finch
For return to US, we'll need negative test taken day before our flights. Looks like there are only a few locations that provide these - Ministry of Health, Hughes Medical Center, and Horizon (a mobile unit). I'm leaning toward Hughes because they have longer hours, can schedule appt, and seem cheaper than the other two options (guessing insurance will reimburse but just in case...). Anyone have experience with any of these, or know of other locations? I don't believe Zemi does any testing on site.
At this point in time (and we know this may change) you will be required to have a Covid19 test with a negative result taken one day before your travel day. Zemi can arrange a nurse to visit the hotel and perform the test for you. As we just returned yesterday, we took a BinaxNOW COVID-19 Antigen Self Test on Sunday without any issue. It was less expensive than having the hotel arrange it. The people who witnessed the testing process aren't native English speakers, so it was sometimes difficult to understand their directions but it was easy enough.
Old Dec 15, 2021, 7:27 am

Programs: Air: Many; Hotel: HH D, HY G, IHG P, MR S, RR
We arrived Saturday on American’s first direct flight. Last Tuesday we did a PCR test at CVS, had the result by Thursday, and uploaded the results along with the rest of our application that day. They approved our entry application Friday morning and after landing the airport test was done within 15 minutes (received negative results this morning and can now leave hotel). A rep met us outside customs and we were at the hotel ten minutes later.
Thanks for posting this. I am planning to do a similar trip on the new AA flight in spring 2022 (arriving Sat, leaving Wed) and was worried about how long it would take to get tested at AXA and get test results back on Sunday. I have been to Anguilla before (staying on the west end), so I purposely booked Zemi for Saturday and Sunday nights so I could have the "Sunday Funday" beach bar experience on Shoal Bay East without having to drive back to the west end. With such a short stay and specific desire to be able to explore on Sunday, I am concerned that the testing/quarantine requirements might detract too much from the experience. I'm glad it worked out for you. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip!

P.S. I also have been to the Conrad Rangali Island in the Maldives (twice) and agree with your thoughts on the secluded aspect of the Maldives being special and the ease / time of getting to the Caribbean making it more practical for a short trip from the US (especially the east coast). The Maldives experience is all about the resort, but Anguilla is an amazing island well worth exploring because of many beautiful beaches, good dining (upscale and local), and great people.
Football Fan and Tbooth3 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.