Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

So Long, Farewell…and Hello! To a New Hilton Representative

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So Long, Farewell…and Hello! To a New Hilton Representative

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2019, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
its strange seeing william on this side of the board....but i'm glad he is still around now that i'm going to shift some stays over to hilton....
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL, SPG Gold , HHonors Diamond ,Marriott Gold Elite
Question

Originally Posted by Keyser
its strange seeing william on this side of the board....but i'm glad he is still around now that i'm going to shift some stays over to hilton....
How do I get intouch with William to sort out a problem?
Old Aug 29, 2019, 9:51 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by col747uk
How do I get intouch with William to sort out a problem?
You can send a Private Message here at Flyertalk sent to this user id.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Old Aug 29, 2019, 4:13 pm
CEB

Programs: UA 1k MM, HH D, Starwood PT, Alaska MVP
Welcome back William! Like many others, I have not only enjoyed your support at SPG but also watching you take care of others over the years. Look forward to seeing your wares here going forward, though I hope never to need to avail them!! Best wishes and good health.
Football Fan and remymartin like this.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 5:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
welcome!!
Old Aug 30, 2019, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think those of us who have dealt with William and his SPG Lurker Team really appreciate how responsive and honest William is over the years. William didn't spin things for the company and can also be firm with unreasonable guests.

I was worried about the team when Marriott took over - Marriott has not been very communicative and straight with us since the EEO BOGO coupon debacle a few years ago. Then the botched merging of the programs and computer systems...

For me, it is definitely nice to see William here as Hilton has been my primary hotel the last few years since that is the preferred chain for my company and I have lifetime Titanium with Marriott anyway.

All that said, I am not sure if I will congratulate William since the move might be because how he and his team were treated by Marriott and starting over is never easy.

Welcome!
squeakr and Football Fan like this.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 11:24 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LifetimeTitanium, UA Plat 2MM, LHW LeadersClub, IHGPlat, HiltonDiamnd, ASMVPG100K, WyndDiamnd
Originally Posted by Hilton Honors Ambassador
You can send a Private Message here at Flyertalk sent to this user id.
Best regards,
William R. Sanders
William. Once again. Welcome and all best wishes. It has been a long time since the UA "DOs." At least Hilton made it easier to follow you. Since I have lifetime status with Marriott, I normally would not wander, but the Aspire Card has enabled that. In fact, my wife, who only has the new gold at Marriott is much more likely to stay at a Hilton when travelling alone now.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 1:36 pm

Hi William. I am trying to send a PM to you, however I get the following message:
  1. Hilton Honors Ambassador has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove Hilton Honors Ambassador from the recipient list and send the message again.
How can I send a PM?
Thanks
Old Sep 2, 2019, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by H.J.Simpson
Hi William. I am trying to send a PM to you, however I get the following message:
  1. Hilton Honors Ambassador has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove Hilton Honors Ambassador from the recipient list and send the message again.
How can I send a PM?
Thanks
See his post above...self-explanatory. He'll reactivate PMs upon his return.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 2:52 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Congratulations Lauren! Another one who has benefited immensely from your assistance here.

Welcome William to the Hilton side of things! And glad to see that Hilton has chosen to replace Lauren with top notch talent, although the Bonvoy side of me is still sad to see you go.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by H.J.Simpson
...How can I send a PM?
Thanks
My apologies for any inconvenience, but I was out of the office. Private Messaging is now restored.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Old Sep 11, 2019, 8:03 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
This is great news. I only needed your help once a while ago William in SPG days - and have had great help already once here from Lauren since I moved here after the SPG / Marriott merger.

Congratulations!
Old Oct 13, 2019, 5:17 am

Programs: United GS 3 MM LT, Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium, HH LT Diamond
Welcome

I do do remember you fro:m the SPG Forum and how helpful you were. Can you ask your contacts at Hilton why Lifetime calculations are screwed up? Whenever, I contact HH they say the Lifetime team has to calculate the numbers manually and it takes weeks. Why don’t they just have it calculated automatically like every other chain? The calculation is usually wrong the first few times. It just does make sense that Hilton would not want to save money and calculate this automatically. I am sure this takes a software upgrade. Can you ask?

Originally Posted by Hilton Honors Ambassador
My apologies for any inconvenience, but I was out of the office. Private Messaging is now restored.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JB123
I do do remember you fro:m the SPG Forum and how helpful you were. Can you ask your contacts at Hilton why Lifetime calculations are screwed up? Whenever, I contact HH they say the Lifetime team has to calculate the numbers manually and it takes weeks. Why don’t they just have it calculated automatically like every other chain? The calculation is usually wrong the first few times. It just does make sense that Hilton would not want to save money and calculate this automatically. I am sure this takes a software upgrade. Can you ask?
My apologies for the inconvenience. If you will send me your Honors account number, I can have your Lifetime statistics back to you within a day or two.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Old Oct 18, 2019, 2:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Wow!! This is a genuine "program enhancement" we can all support!! Welcome to HH, William!

I find Marriott LT Titanium and Hilton Diamond via Aspire to be pretty interchangeable and both rewarding when played right, but neither one is anything close to what SPG once was. But having William over here is nice, and certainly is a smart move on Hilton's part.
SPN Lifer and remymartin like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.