Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

HH points when paying for room but not listed on reservation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2019, 8:10 am
Original Poster

quick question....am I entitled to HH points when I pay for the room but I am not listed on reservation? The person staying in the room is not a HH member. I am know I can add my self to the reservation and add my number if I am aware it before the person checks out. In this case I was unaware that I was not listed until after the person checked out. Got the receipt and noticed my HH number/name was not listed. Specifically I am wondering if I can request the points using the "missing stay" link on HH site? Credit card to pay room is in my name.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: HH Gold, IHG Spire, Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by tramm7
quick question....am I entitled to HH points when I pay for the room but I am not listed on reservation? The person staying in the room is not a HH member. I am know I can add my self to the reservation and add my number if I am aware it before the person checks out. In this case I was unaware that I was not listed until after the person checked out. Got the receipt and noticed my HH number/name was not listed. Specifically I am wondering if I can request the points using the "missing stay" link on HH site? Credit card to pay room is in my name.
No. Your must be listed on the reservation in order to get credit. Simply paying for a room on your credit card does not count.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 2:33 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Well, you would get the credit card points for the payment, which could be Honors points if it was a Hilton CC.

But do you not see how, if what you suggest was permitted, you could offer to use your CC details to pay for absolutely anyone to stay in a Hilton (potentially with them reimbursing you in cash) and get lots of unearned points? The program is intended to reward you for staying in Hiltons, not paying for random people to stay in Hiltons.

If you add your HH number but don't stay yourself, you really shouldn't be getting points either - the fact that you can is mainly down to hotels, particularly in English-speaking countries, tending not to require ID when checking in.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 2:36 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
(deleted, was completely false)

Last edited by jbeckett; Aug 22, 2019 at 3:16 pm
Old Aug 22, 2019, 2:43 pm

(Deleted response to removed post)

Last edited by arlflyer; Aug 23, 2019 at 7:33 am
Old Aug 23, 2019, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by :D!

The program is intended to reward you for staying in Hiltons, not paying for random people to stay in Hiltons.
Understood....in the context that you provided....paying for random people that would have stayed at the hotel anyways. And maybe there would be abused if allowed...not sure. The way I look at it is I steer the lodging spend from my company towards Hilton.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.