The app is wrong?

Old Aug 21, 19, 1:12 pm
Original Poster

The app is wrong?

I noticed in the app it said I had hit 60 nights and requalified for diamond. I did not see the milestone points in my account so I called the diamond desk. They explained that if I booked more than one room the app incorrectly gave me credit for 2 nights where it only should have given me point credit for 2 rooms not nights. I was off by 14 nights. I was told that they have known about this problem for a while but were uncertain what to do about it. They told me they were instructed to assure me I would get the proper credit when I hit the correct nights. Seems to me the longer they let this go the worse it will get

Last edited by disalex; Aug 21, 19 at 1:38 pm
Old Aug 22, 19, 7:49 am

Programs: BA GGL (no longer CCR), Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
I think, with the greatest of respect to you and Hilton, that this is complete rubbish.

Last year, changes were made to the program whereby you could carry over nights from last year. These carry-over nights do not count toward the milestone bonuses, however.

If you got 74 nights last year and have done 46 this year, you'd now requalify as diamond but only have hit your first 10k milestone bonus. Does that help?
Old Aug 22, 19, 11:47 am
Original Poster

I would have thought it was rubbiish as well until I went over my stays and verified it. I was a credit card diamond last year so it could not have been rollover nights. I agree it sounds crazy but in my case it’s true
Old Aug 23, 19, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
It is not 'rubbish' at all. I have an 'extra' night from one two-room stay as well.
Old Aug 23, 19, 6:32 am

The bonus will automatically post when you hit the real required number of nights, excluding the second room
bonus night credit.
Old Aug 23, 19, 10:21 am
Original Poster

That is what the Rep told me, she just said they were very concerned that if all of a sudden a bunch of stays were ripped away from people as well as being told they didn't really have the status that they were told they had, people might be just a bit upset so they are trying to figure out how to deal with it.
Old Aug 23, 19, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Maybe if they feel they caught it in time, it might be worth their while to throw up their hands and recalibrate things so that the incorrectly posted double stays count during the short interim in members' favor?
​​​​​​
Old Aug 23, 19, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

The impression I had was that the tech folks had the fix but Customer Service was saying "Wait a minute". I have no idea of the numbers involved

Search this Thread